**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Situational debuffs vs situational immunities

I just wanted to verify that these things are working as intended.
Things like like Yondu's arrow and elektra's specials both do bleed effects, unless the target is immune, in which case they perform an armor break. Another similar situation would be x-23s bleed that switches to a cruelty against bleed immune targets.
It has always bugged me, but I have just dealt with it, that when nodes make enemies immune to bleed, you just get the immune message, without the champ switching over per their abilities to their alternate ability.
Now, Emma Frost has her situational immunity (there may be others I cant think of atm), I have seen Yondu fail to switch to an armor break while she in diamond form, and while I haven't tested the other 2, I would assume they would work the same.

It seems like they would change their "tactics" while Emma is immune to certain debuffs, and I just wanted to make sure this was failure to change was how it was supposed to work.

Comments

• Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I would like to know this also it’s a serious lack in development continuity
  • Options
    Hey there -

This is correct on how it works for her with characters such as you stated. We've passed along your feedback, however, to the rest of the team.
  • Options
    Narcuul wrote: »
    It seems like they would change their "tactics" while Emma is immune to certain debuffs, and I just wanted to make sure this was failure to change was how it was supposed to work.

I suspect this is how the engine works, and the devs are just going along with that limitation. A reasonable guess would be that when champions like X-23 use attacks that have different effects depending on whether their target is immune to a particular effect, the game engine is checking dynamically for that condition by checking some static boolean flag for the target: isImmune? or whatever. But when a champion has an ability that makes them immune to an effect at certain times when in combat, the mechanism for that immunity is different. That boolean flag isn't changed so the target still "appears" vulnerable even though it isn't.

This behavior may be difficult or expensive to change, so instead it is canonicalized: it is "working as intended" for a very specific definition of "intended."
  • Options
    NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I suspect this is how the engine works, and the devs are just going along with that limitation. A reasonable guess would be that when champions like X-23 use attacks that have different effects depending on whether their target is immune to a particular effect, the game engine is checking dynamically for that condition by checking some static boolean flag for the target: isImmune? or whatever. But when a champion has an ability that makes them immune to an effect at certain times when in combat, the mechanism for that immunity is different. That boolean flag isn't changed so the target still "appears" vulnerable even though it isn't.

This behavior may be difficult or expensive to change, so instead it is canonicalized: it is "working as intended" for a very specific definition of "intended."

To be honest, I assume this quite likely the case, it just seems like a poor design for a game that is evolving at the incredibly rapid pace this one is with a constant flood of champions being introduced. I understand that every champion is not going to be good against every other champion, the main advantage for some champions is their ability to be flexible, and these situations are taking that away from them, lessening their value.
  • Options
    Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    It's just to fool us @Narcuul ! The ability of elektra and yondu to inflict armour break is works only on certain immune champion and not on noded champion but still Dr voodoo able to mange power burn at full immunity node
  • Options
    NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    I think Voodoo's power burn is actually a buff on him, vs his power drain which is a debuff, part of the reason why he is so effective is the ability to either or . Just a shame that the versatility built into other champions isn't at the same level.
  • Options
    I think Voodoo's power burn is actually a buff on him, vs his power drain which is a debuff, part of the reason why he is so effective is the ability to either or .

Power burn is indeed not a debuff. For DV, power burn is *activated* by a buff on him, but power burn itself is neither a buff nor a debuff, and a target immune to debuffs is not immune to power burn.