**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

More 5* shards?

RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
Will there be more 5* shards or more opportunities to obtain them now that more heroes are coming out, or is it just that the 5* hero pool is being flooded?

Comments

• RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    On the other hand any plans to lower the shards needed to get a 5* crystal?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Has to be. Expect 5* arena coming down the pipe soon. Who wants to grind like mad for a 4*? Who wants to burn precious resources on a 4*?

Dr. Zola
  • kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★
    edited May 2017
    If you've noticed, 5* crystals and the amount you get for duping a 4/5* champion is the same as all the other hero crystals, just at 5x the amount. I think it'd be nice to see it come down to 2000 shards per crystal, and adjust the rewards accordingly - 55 5* shards for a dupe, etc.

This would also drop the featured 5* crystal to 3k shards.
  • FlazinatorFlazinator Posts: 126
    Would definitely like to see the cost reduced. Hopefully they have a 5 star arena on the horizon as well.
  • DrZola wrote: »
    Has to be. Expect 5* arena coming down the pipe soon. Who wants to grind like mad for a 4*? Who wants to burn precious resources on a 4*?

Dr. Zola

I was thinking the same thing - the age of the four star is coming to an end. I think this is great for the overall advancement of the game but would love to see some arena modifications as well!
    I don't think they make 5* shards more widely available just yet because it would be potentially more game-breaking than 12.0.

Consider how much of the game currently revolves around the PHC:

Why do you bother with Duel Skirmish or similar events if it's still just PHC shards? What about arena milestones? What about event quests that award PHC for chapter explore? Chiefly, because of the shard system and the "chance" for a 4*.

So assume now that 5* shards are everywhere--in events, in crystals, as milestones. Would you chase 4* shards the same way? How hard do you chase 3* shards right now? Even noobs who need to finish Act 3 are going to want to do it with shiny 5*'s instead of 4*'s because that's now the gold standard. Nearly everything will have to be retooled: login rewards, arenas, events, daily crystals, ISO, the potion system and amounts, and on and on.

In a lot of ways, there are parallels to countries that devalue their currency for various reasons. To open the floodgates on 5*'s may not be the best thing for the game.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola wrote: »
    I don't think they make 5* shards more widely available just yet because it would be potentially more game-breaking than 12.0.

Consider how much of the game currently revolves around the PHC:

Why do you bother with Duel Skirmish or similar events if it's still just PHC shards? What about arena milestones? What about event quests that award PHC for chapter explore? Chiefly, because of the shard system and the "chance" for a 4*.

So assume now that 5* shards are everywhere--in events, in crystals, as milestones. Would you chase 4* shards the same way? How hard do you chase 3* shards right now? Even noobs who need to finish Act 3 are going to want to do it with shiny 5*'s instead of 4*'s because that's now the gold standard. Nearly everything will have to be retooled: login rewards, arenas, events, daily crystals, ISO, the potion system and amounts, and on and on.

In a lot of ways, there are parallels to countries that devalue their currency for various reasons. To open the floodgates on 5*'s may not be the best thing for the game.

Dr. Zola

One of the largest sources of 5* shards is from opening duped 4* champs. This is the main reason I still chase PHC, 3* and 4* crystals. Also, when at max sig like I am with a lot of champs the amount of shards is doubled right there.
    True. As with 3*'s today. But it still presents a major disruption to the game economy.
  • JSnookJSnook Posts: 219
    I don't know that it creates a problem. They have to maintain the 3* and 4* to keep new people involved and moving forward. At the same time they have to think about those high level players that are stalled with no advancement available currently. This is step 1 one I believe, Step 2 would need to be the Tier 5 basic, etc. While there is no need for some to grind for 4* and 3* doesn't mean there are not several summoners who do NEED it so they will need to stay.

5* crystal prices will definitely need to come down from the 5x price (7.5x featured) they currently reside at though, or the shards need to become more accessible. The transition in levels between fully ranked 4* to 5* is to wide of a gap currently.
    From another thread
    Hey there!

Looks like there's a little confusion here, so allow me to clarify! This is all still the Featured 5-Star Hero Crystal, and it will still be 15,000 Shards. The Featured 5-Star Hero Crystal just now also has a chance to award you one of those "sub-featured" Champions. There is not separate crystal for them.

Unfortunate, hope they make them more available.
    Riegel wrote: »
    From another thread
    Hey there!

Looks like there's a little confusion here, so allow me to clarify! This is all still the Featured 5-Star Hero Crystal, and it will still be 15,000 Shards. The Featured 5-Star Hero Crystal just now also has a chance to award you one of those "sub-featured" Champions. There is not separate crystal for them.

Unfortunate, hope they make them more available.

Hopefully they do. It would be a shame to 'water down' the 5* tier and not either lower the price or increase basic availability. This is something they should cover upfront within the announcement to avoid the bickering back and forth on the forums. Unfortunately, that's not how Kabam does things. They prefer to be as vague as possible, even post "FAQ" in announcement, that don't even cover the real questions everyone will ask.
    edited May 2017
    I'm curious to meet all of these new players who will be satisfied with 3/4* champs. Are these the same ones who purportedly gobble accounts and offers so they can catch up?

Hard to see them not wanting the shiny 5*'s.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola wrote: »
    I'm curious to meet all of these new players who will be satisfied with 3/4* champs. Are these the same ones who purportedly gobble accounts and offers so they can catch up?

Hard to see them not wanting the shiny 5*'s.

Dr. Zola

New players to the game, I think it was misunderstood. My comment was directed towards the natural progression within the game. New players may WANT the new shiny 5*s, however with any game, there is a natural progression where you start at the bottom and work your way up, hence the NEED for the 3 & 4*'s for these people.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    They should eventually make 5*s a rarest chance in the PHC, right?

Also, you can't cut the cost, as that would drastically favor people who had horded 5* shards beforehand. You can make the shards more available though, which they should do as the game shifts to the next paradigm.
    Got it. Fair enough.

DZ
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    They should eventually make 5*s a rarest chance in the PHC, right?

Also, you can't cut the cost, as that would drastically favor people who had horded 5* shards beforehand. You can make the shards more available though, which they should do as the game shifts to the next paradigm.

They need to do both, over time of course. The first step would be to make the crystals more available. 1) Announce how they will be more available, 2) Make it so. Then down the line inevitably these crystals will take the place of the 4* crystals, they will need to come down in cost. They can't worry about what is "fair". Life IS NOT and will NEVER BE FAIR.

Yes I understand this will diminish the value that some have put into their champs, but I am sure some new fancy/shiny/flashy items will be introduced do you can spend again.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    If they do lower it it would be for cavalier people in black market