**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ghost Rider bug

FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
While fighting Korg i noticed the the flames from Ghost Riders level 2 takes rock hard thorns damage. The damage is only supposed to be from contact specials which fire breath is clearly not.

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Probably a design oversight since GR was introduced before Korg and the devs didn't check all champs for actual projectile attacks.
    But you shouldn't use special while he has rock shield up, only light attacks to avoid the thorn damage.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    On the other hand, if you're fighting Daredevil, he doesn't evade the flames; so you win some, you lose some.
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    Terra said:

Probably a design oversight since GR was introduced before Korg and the devs didn't check all champs for actual projectile attacks.
    But you shouldn't use special while he has rock shield up, only light attacks to avoid the thorn damage.

I used the level 2 as i had my heal up so i figured the fire would heal back any damage taken from the 2 chain swipes
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    It makes contact, therefore is not a projectile attack
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★

That doesn’t make any sense. Imagine I punch a knife. It’s going to hurt; my hand is going to be cut. Now imagine that in my anger at the knife I buy a flamethrower and use it on said knife. The knife will not cut the flame, nor will it cut my hand via the flame. That doesn’t make any sense. Even if the knife did somehow inflict a wound on the flame (let’s ignore how ridiculous that statement is), I still would not feel any pain, as the flame is not part of my body, and is not connected to my nervous system. There’s no reason that shooting flames at a knife should inflict pain on your body — unless you burn yourself.

Warden out ~
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I was woke to GR’s s2 flames being neither energy damage nor projectiles on a later day map 7 Korg. I launched the S2 as his rock stacks refreshed expecting to not take the reflective damage but instead went from 75% hp to under 25%.

That doesn’t make any sense. Imagine I punch a knife. It’s going to hurt; my hand is going to be cut. Now imagine that in my anger at the knife I buy a flamethrower and use it on said knife. The knife will not cut the flame, nor will it cut my hand via the flame. That doesn’t make any sense. Even if the knife did somehow inflict a wound on the flame (let’s ignore how ridiculous that statement is), I still would not feel any pain, as the flame is not part of my body, and is not connected to my nervous system. There’s no reason that shooting flames at a knife should inflict pain on your body — unless you burn yourself.

Warden out ~
    Yes while a skeleton shooting flames out of his mouth makes sense in the first place.

The simple fact is though that the dev did not tag those hits of his special 2 as either energy or projectiles; this may or may not have been intentional.