**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is she hulk the only champion in the game without cap to her damage potential?

I wanted to know if she hulk has unlimited damage potential, with her furies scaling up infinitely. Are there any other champions with this level of damage output in a game mode without the 50k damage cap such as in LoL?

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I guess it depends on the AI's willingness to use specials to refresh furies.
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Does Ghost have a damage cap?
    Cause spamming heavies gives you Cruelty and Fury buffs. I don’t know how many we can get at the same time
    And if she’s facing someone like Morningstar or Abomination, there’s the limitless passive furies as well

I don’t know how much damage she can deal, but I also don’t know if it’s capped at some point
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Technically she's the only one, but there are plenty of Champions who don't even reach their peak potential in the current state of the game. Guillotine 2099 and Proxima Midnight for example.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Gamora, possibly. There doesn’t seem to be a cap to her furries and cruelty buffs. Just a timer, and that can be reset upon a heavy
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Technically Electro's damage-back has no cap as long as the enemy also has no cap

Killmonger has no limit aswell with reverb
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    I saw Wasp mentioned, a reply in her spotlight says it caps at (?)600 hits.

Also many effects/buffs have a cap at 99 stacks that are rarely seen as they are difficult to obtain due to enemy being unable to sustain the damage. I suppose you could test She-Hulk for that cap against the 6.2.6 Champion but oh man if you made one slip up....

*To add on, Diminishing returns will also cap cruelty/crit damage rating at some point, if I’m not mistaken.

**Tested crit damage rating the only way I know how (calculator from auntm.ai) it caps at 550%
  • Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    Umm Hyperion has unlimited fury and no damage cap!!easy to ramp up and long lasting
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    Elad17 said:

Umm Hyperion has unlimited fury and no damage cap!!easy to ramp up and long lasting

those furies expire after some time, while she hulk can refresh them
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Technically Electro's damage-back has no cap as long as the enemy also has no cap

Killmonger has no limit aswell with reverb
    i once was in aggression fury and got the opponent to 70 furies with electro and km, did the same amount of damage as it did with 100, so theoretically all damage is capped. (the damage was over 2 billion)
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    KT1 has a video where he does the highest damage possible in the game with electro. It's over 2 billion damage in 1 hit.
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    Graydrox said:

KT1 has a video where he does the highest damage possible in the game with electro. It's over 2 billion damage in 1 hit.

That was node damage, think OP means more damages from base attack without any other factors.
  • Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    Hyperion can regain furies anytime with one heavy
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    SL
  • NightMonkeyNightMonkey Posts: 95 ★★
    I know it will probably come as a surprise but other than Hela and She Hulk, the other one with unlimited dmg potential is Howard The Duck, who can stack his furies indefinitely (check out Swedeah on YT); I guess I'd rather be tortured than playing Howard The Duck for more than 10 minutes, but that's what it is.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

SL

His combo ramp up is capped at 400
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    INTEGRAL said:

Gamora?

Yeah, y’all are forgetting all about gamora
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Also many effects/buffs have a cap at 99 stacks that are rarely seen as they are difficult to obtain due to enemy being unable to sustain the damage. I suppose you could test She-Hulk for that cap against the 6.2.6 Champion but oh man if you made one slip up....

*To add on, Diminishing returns will also cap cruelty/crit damage rating at some point, if I’m not mistaken.

**Tested crit damage rating the only way I know how (calculator from auntm.ai) it caps at 550%

All flat stat ratings translate to a value less than 1.0, or 100%. The formula is Stat/(Stat + 1500 + CR*5). The larger the stat value is, the closer this ratio approaches 1.0, but any real value for the flat stat will translate to a net rating value less than 100% (you can get arbitrarily close).

Critical damage rating is one exception, in that it contains a 5.0 multiplier and a 0.5 start value to scale the value to the desired range (i.e. DR(CritDmgRating) * 5 + 0.5). So while all other flat stats translate to values between zero and 1.0, critical damage rating translates to values between 0.5 and 5.5, or 550%.

Technically, these aren't caps, they are asymptotic limits built into the math embedded in the mechanics.
    DNA3000 said:

All flat stat ratings translate to a value less than 1.0, or 100%. The formula is Stat/(Stat + 1500 + CR*5). The larger the stat value is, the closer this ratio approaches 1.0, but any real value for the flat stat will translate to a net rating value less than 100% (you can get arbitrarily close).

Critical damage rating is one exception, in that it contains a 5.0 multiplier and a 0.5 start value to scale the value to the desired range (i.e. DR(CritDmgRating) * 5 + 0.5). So while all other flat stats translate to values between zero and 1.0, critical damage rating translates to values between 0.5 and 5.5, or 550%.

Technically, these aren't caps, they are asymptotic limits built into the math embedded in the mechanics.
    Uh if something is unable to exceed a certain value then it is limited, ie capped. The % value of flat stats cannot exceed 99.9% so they are capped, technically. Wut?

Granted the flat value you need to reach 99.9% is something stupid with CDR like 70m but there is still a point you will reach which will prevent you from increasing crit damage, a cap.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Uh if something is unable to exceed a certain value then it is limited, ie capped. The % value of flat stats cannot exceed 99.9% so they are capped, technically. Wut?

Granted the flat value you need to reach 99.9% is something stupid with CDR like 70m but there is still a point you will reach which will prevent you from increasing crit damage, a cap.

The value of a flat stat can exceed 99.9%. The formula even tells you exactly what flat stat is required to do so: it is 1,998,000 (at challenge rating 100). It is an impractically high value, but no one defines a "cap" as the point at which it is impractical to go higher.

If you believe there's a point where you will be prevented from increasing crit damage and that is the cap, then all you have to do is state what that cap is. But for any value of any flat stat you can state, I can name a value higher that increases the associated value. That's what's meant by being asymptotic but not capped. Traditionally in games that use that kind of diminishing return system these are sometimes called "soft capped" stats to distinguish them from stats that are hard capped, like the resistance cap in MCOC that is capped to 90%. You can't use resistances alone to lower incoming damage below 10% of their normal value.
    edited October 2019
    I’ll never understand what you are saying. You seem to be saying that since a flat stat value can go on infinitely there is not a cap. The cap lies in the conversion to the % which cannot exceed 99.9% except CDR which is 550%. There is a limit you will never exceed a point at which your damage will not increase, that’s a cap.

P.S. 2,147,483,647 for giggles.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Afaik there’s no limit on how many Smoulders HT can stack, and they all increase his incinerate damage.