**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rhulk Incinerate immune at 10 charge?

RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
Based on RHulks sig ability should he take any incinerate damage from Mephisto when at 10 charges if each charge provided 10% resistance?

Signature Ability - “Second Strike”
Passive
General Ross prepares to cross the line in the sand, beginning the fight with 2 Heat Charge(s) ready and for each charge he gains 61~259 Physical Resistance.
Additionally, each Heat Charge provides him 8%~15% Incinerate Damage Resistance.

Comments

• RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    No, he does not take any damage from Mephisto when he has enough charges to reach 100% resistance.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    The reason i ask is because in the EQ Mephisto fight i was taking incinerate damage from Mephisto's Aura of Incineration even though i was at 10 charges
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    He isn't immune to incinerate damage. The more charges he has, the less damage he takes from it.
    If the opponent has enhanced incineration (nodes for example), it will take more charges for Res hulk to mitigate the damage, to a point where not even having 10 charges is enough
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Math is funky.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Also depends on Sig level. Of hes not high Sig, he can't negate much of the damage.
    Ability accuracy wont do anything here.
    If the incinerate has 140% potency and if you have 100% resistence to it, then you still take 40% of the damage
    RoninMan said:

If the incinerate has 140% potency and if you have 100% resistence to it, then you still take 40% of the damage

That’s not how math should work which is why it’s funny. It doesn’t matter if you take 10 damage or 1,000,000 damage. If you’re 100% resistant to it, you shouldn’t take any damage.
    You are 100% resistent to an incinerate that deals 100% damage. Then 100 - 100 = 0, which will lead to 0 damage taken.
    Now add 40% to that 0, and you get 40%. You will take 40% damage from it
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    last time i checked anything times 0 == 0
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

RoninMan said:

That’s not how math should work which is why it’s funny. It doesn’t matter if you take 10 damage or 1,000,000 damage. If you’re 100% resistant to it, you shouldn’t take any damage.
    You are 100% resistent to an incinerate that deals 100% damage. Then 100 - 100 = 0, which will lead to 0 damage taken.
    Now add 40% to that 0, and you get 40%. You will take 40% damage from it
    Thats not how any of it works...test it out in game yourself
    I'm not saying that ... I mean, even in our world math with percentages can go beyond 100%, that's not even anything new or anormal
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    RoninMan said:

The incinerate deals 100% damage, not 100 damage. Add 40% to it and it's 140% damage.
    We are working with percentages, not flat numbers. These type of percentages go beyond 100%

So are you trying to say Kabam is reinventing math or creating their own? Because that’s silly.
    He is saying your understanding of percentages is stuck at about a 6th grade level in the USA
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,908 ★★★★★
    It’s a game that has its Own rules
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Lormif said:

RoninMan said:

I can say it other way then, but it's correct. Also other similar scenarios in the game work just like this one, and have been confirmed as intended as well.

You have an incinerate ability that deals 100% damage. Add 40% from the node, and you get 140% damage.
    If your champion is 100% resistent to it, then there is still 40% damage left. You need a champion, or someone who is able to be 140% resistent to it

Once again, that’s not how math works. It should work like this;

Incinerate ability does 100 damage. Enhanced incineration increases it to 140 damage. 100% incineration resistance means you prevent ALL 140 of the damage.
    That is not how math works. If you have x apples and they give you 100% more apples you have 2x apples. If they then take away 100% apples there is now x apples. You can write the equation as x + x - x=x.

What you are trying to do is reassign x in the middle of the equation so that 100% is the final result of the addition before you do the subtraction, x+x -(x+x) =0. That requires additional wording not in the system.
    No, because taking away 100% apples means everything. Which would be 2X apples at the moment you are applying the 100% reduction. Whatever happens before is irrelevant.

What you are describing is X apples + 100% of X apples, = 2X apples

Then take away not 100%, which is now 2X while X apples is 50% in the new situation, 50% or X apples, so you are left with X apples again.

% are relatives and you are treating them as absolute values.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Marri_2 said:

Lormif said:

RoninMan said:

I can say it other way then, but it's correct. Also other similar scenarios in the game work just like this one, and have been confirmed as intended as well.

You have an incinerate ability that deals 100% damage. Add 40% from the node, and you get 140% damage.
    If your champion is 100% resistent to it, then there is still 40% damage left. You need a champion, or someone who is able to be 140% resistent to it

Incinerate ability does 100 damage. Enhanced incineration increases it to 140 damage. 100% incineration resistance means you prevent ALL 140 of the damage.
    That is not how math works. If you have x apples and they give you 100% more apples you have 2x apples. If they then take away 100% apples there is now x apples. You can write the equation as x + x - x=x.

What you are trying to do is reassign x in the middle of the equation so that 100% is the final result of the addition before you do the subtraction, x+x -(x+x) =0. That requires additional wording not in the system.
    No, because taking away 100% apples means everything. Which would be 2X apples at the moment you are applying the 100% reduction. Whatever happens before is irrelevant.

Then take away not 100%, which is now 2X while X apples is 50% in the new situation, 50% or X apples, so you are left with X apples again.

Incorrect. Taking away 100% of MY apples would be taking away everything from me, but in the equation we established that X represents 100%, not mine. I quite literally declared this and pointed out that 100% is x of apples. .. In your equation you are changing what 100% represents from X to MY ownership of apples, which is not mentioned anywhere, x represents 100%.

In math there are multiple ways to represent 100%, one of the ways is proportions, or as people tend to hate fractions.

N/N = 1= 100%

If I have 5/5 for example I have 1 or 100%.

If I have 7/5 though I have 140%

If I add 100% to that I would add 7/5 + 5/5= 12/5 or 240%

If I take that value want want to subtract 100% I would do 12/5 - 5/5=7/5 or back to 140%

Then again I could do 7/5 - 5/5 = 2/5 or 40%

One of the most important parts of math and computer science is understanding what your variables are, and how they are manipulated. You cannot just randomly reassign the value of 100% to another variable because you only understand 100% as the totality of absolutely everything, that is not what it means.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

Lormif said:

RoninMan said:

Incorrect. Taking away 100% of MY apples would be taking away everything from me, but in the equation we established that X represents 100%, not mine. I quite literally declared this and pointed out that 100% is x of apples. .. In your equation you are changing what 100% represents from X to MY ownership of apples, which is not mentioned anywhere, x represents 100%.

In math there are multiple ways to represent 100%, one of the ways is proportions, or as people tend to hate fractions.

N/N = 1= 100%

If I have 5/5 for example I have 1 or 100%.

If I have 7/5 though I have 140%

If I add 100% to that I would add 7/5 + 5/5= 12/5 or 240%

If I take that value want want to subtract 100% I would do 12/5 - 5/5=7/5 or back to 140%

Then again I could do 7/5 - 5/5 = 2/5 or 40%

One of the most important parts of math and computer science is understanding what your variables are, and how they are manipulated. You cannot just randomly reassign the value of 100% to another variable because you only understand 100% as the totality of absolutely everything, that is not what it means.
    Ok, I misread your example. Point taken.

However, it is odd that we are left guessing at this. 100% passive incinerate resistance as described in Rulk Sig should equate to 0 damage from it in any circumstance. It does not make sense to be 100% resistant to something means you are actually not. I understand how the node affects it, but it shouldn't.

If I have a watch that is 100% water resistant, it doesn't start leaking if I shower 40% longer.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    No,
    X is 1 Apple = 100 %.
    X+X = 2 Apples 200%
    - X = 1 Apple = 100%
    Sentece is X +X - X = Y
    Your math is X + X - Y = 0
    You are jumping one Step