**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Progression without twitch skills or unit man

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
Hi all,

Mainly a moan.. I'm uncollected (units ftw!) Can clear master every month, cleared easy path of uncollected EQ a few months running, have a few 4/55s, will rank 5 duped Omega in another month from buying 900 t5b shards a month and the 3k a month from path EQ and the special offers that come up. Still rely a lot on 4* rank 5s (Hulk rags, Medusa, Iceman), have 2 meh 6* (bishop and Elektra).

100% act 5 seems beyond my ability. I rely a lot on 4* 5/50 corvus in low tier war, AQ map 4 is the ceiling on my time and ability commitment.

So, my thought this month, having already done master 100% and easy path uncollected, was whether this is my skill limit and if so, what I'm playing the game for? I like to overcome a challenge, but not at the monetary/time cost of overcoming some of them at my skill level. You need to sink a lot of time in to get the units.

I like collecting and levelling up characters and feeling that increase in power (love an RPG), but my skill limits the scope to be able to utilise it.

In short, if 100% act 5 is way beyond me at the mo, what am I playing for? Am I simply going to have to wait for another 2 years or so until they release more 6*shards and make T5Cc common enough to allow rank 3 6 stars to face roll content?

Hoping 5/65 Omega will revolutionise the game... So if there are any others out there who equally struggle, it would be good to hear your stories.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    You just need to continue playing, farming items and shards. Eventually you will know more about every champion and interaction, and develop your skill even more. Also you will obtain new characters that will help you with that.
    You dont need units if you have the skill and the champions needed.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    It's 5/50 4* corvus vs 5/65 5* duped Omega (in a month) by the way. If it doesn't make a difference, then I may indeed have to call it a day....
  • I got uncollected a few months ago I think and I was struggling to get past the first easy round of UEQ. Recently though I have been able to 100% UEQ, not without rage and struggle though. I got some lucky pulls but, it ultimately takes practice and some time to get up there.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,174 ★★★★★
    I was in your situation once, and I just kept playing, getting better through experience, improving my roster over time, and trying to learn the many details about abilities, nodes, etc. Most of the content is permanent, so you don't need to feel rushed about completing it.
  • blazingskyx27blazingskyx27 Posts: 42

I was in your situation once, and I just kept playing, getting better through experience, improving my roster over time, and trying to learn the many details about abilities, nodes, etc. Most of the content is permanent, so you don't need to feel rushed about completing it.

Luck also plays a factor here, even the champions you pull are RNG Based. Skill is not everything, even if you're good but using Kamala Khan as a champ, meh. I already quit this game 4 weeks ago. It's quite a liberating experience.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

Luck also plays a factor here, even the champions you pull are RNG Based. Skill is not everything, even if you're good but using Kamala Khan as a champ, meh. I already quit this game 4 weeks ago. It's quite a liberating experience.
    Kamala khan is pretty decent. Poison immune and hits hard with furies. You shouldve used hulkbuster as an example.
    , but I doubt all your 4 stars are meme tier.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

It's 5/50 4* corvus vs 5/65 5* duped Omega (in a month) by the way. If it doesn't make a difference, then I may indeed have to call it a day....

The 5* 5/65 will make it easier to kill, but you will still need to have the skill to do it.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    I'm a similar type player I think. My skills aren't terrible just very average. I have 4 r5 5* and materials for a few more. I like the fighting aspect of MCoC but really dig the champ collecting and strategy in resource management.

One of my biggest issues is patience. I'm resigned to the fact that my impatience will cost me units. This months EQ for instance: I blew through easily till Mephisto final boss on my first run, but because I didn't have the right champs/strategy I dropped 200ish units for completion. I then used zero units for all other runs. I could've quit that first run and came back with other champs and looked at vids but I'm a knucklehead. I accept that.

There's a ton of vids out there to help us players in a variety of areas. Use that resource. Focus carefully on powerful champs that will get you through difficult content as inexpensively as possible. Many times that will mean sitting on your resources while RNG hands you one Iron Patriot after another.

You do have to make do with what you have at a certain point, but you can't rank suboptimal champs and do very well with mediocre skills. That said, OR is a very good champ and with suicides should give you great damage and resiliency plus some immunities. Corvus is similar, and other powerful champs like Blade, Domino, and CAIW can get you through a lot without suicides and with straightforward play styles.

I practice the advanced skills like intercepting, heavy countering, Ghosting and Quaking in low pressure fights like in arena. Arena is dull, but I try to squeeze in a few matches here and there for the units. I will likely never be very, very good at this game, but I have fun and complete my share of content. I don't spend besides for the Sigil right now mostly because I'm a little broke at the mo, but a little cash especially during holiday deals can also give you as boost.

Good luck @Moosetiptronic whichever way you go. For what it's worth, when I r5 Domino last year, it didn't elevate my game but it definitely elevated the content I could complete.
    Allinashes, that was a good reply.

I have to admit to myself that sometimes I now don't have the time to practice or indeed even really take time on a fight in even a remotely focused manner. I also dumped a bunch of revives on meph (1 team and another 4 I think, something like that, before o got him with quake. 1 shot guillotine 2099 with 5/50 medusa though) on uncollected.

Kids and full time demanding job means a lot of snatched matches. Plus the wife hating me playing games.

A year ago, one less kid and the job no way as demanding, I used to use 5/50 duped starlord on map 4 purely for the mini and main bosses and would often solo them. Although perhaps that is also some of it, some of the older, zero graphic effect champs like SL and Medusa are very easy to play for baiting specials.

Perhaps that's what I need to do, go back to using good old SL to get my groove back and watch a bit more Dork (freetoplay; above, I've watched a fair bit of DDD, the man is immense and not just at this game).

So maybe I need to decide if I truly have the time to dedicate to getting better. Still think this is a great game, except for the gambling
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

In short, if 100% act 5 is way beyond me at the mo, what am I playing for?

Only you can answer that. I can say that people are constantly coming onto the forums saying that things are impossible no matter how much effort they put into it, only to discover that the problem wasn't the amount of effort they were expending but rather in what way they were expending it. Sometimes there's a fundamental tactic in the game they are unaware of, so they aren't even trying to practice it, so they are missing a valuable skill. Everything from how combos work to how to intercept. Sometimes there's something that everyone thinks everyone else knows about so almost no one talks about it, and then people fail to learn it, like how the parry or dexterity mastery works. Sometimes there's knowledge about how combat specifics work that they aren't aware of and haven't tried to research and understand. For example, people who don't understand how Bane works often think the node is just impossible to beat, and when it is explained to them they find that the lightbulb clicks on and they can at least see how they can practice beating it.

Maybe Act 5 is beyond you. But I think it is equally likely that Act 5 is just beyond how you play the game now, because you think the game isn't more complicated than what you already know, or perhaps because you think the game should be only what you know. If it is the former, I think there's a good chance that if you ask questions about specific things, you'll find what you think is beyond your skill isn't, and you'll continue to progress like most players. If it is the latter, that's a problem no one else can help you with.
    Three months later update...

I've completed every UC monthly since and 100% this months comfortably. Without spending and I think only one revive. Nova was very easy.

What's changed? Well, 5/65 Omega at just over sig 100 with suicides definitely helped. The only other 4/55 rank up I've done since posting was annihilus for aw defence. And the two new 6* I pulled haven't made the cut; black bolt and carnage.

So what's changed? I pulled 4* Nick fury and awakened him, and him, 5* rank 2 saber plus 4/55 quake and normally 5/50 4* Medusa for robots makes clearing stuff possible with Omega doing the heavy lifting to getting to the boss on every level easily.

I also decided to give 6.1 a crack. The first level, I used a team revive on, when I did it before Christmas. There second three I did once I pulled 5*saber for Omega's synergy in the middle of Jan.

I used 2 revives on quake to get Ultron and sentinel down on 6.1.2 and no revives for 6.1.3 or 6.1.4. I used one 40% revive on 6.1.5 crossbones (Omega makes it a joke).

Thought I would plow through 6.1.6 on Friday after AQ ended and I had my 4/55 Morningstar free (her, 3/45 meph and 4* 3/30 champion for synergy, I love as a team for AQ!) This level was a shock. There are no easy paths, no friendly nodes.

So bearing in mind I used so few items for 6.1.1 to 6.1.5 combined, what was 6.1.6 like? Brutal.

I used around 400 4 hour crystals on heals and revives and took the stun immune path. Probably used 15+ revives in total. Omega was not as much use. Also didn't watch any videos on the fights, simply because the first 5 levels had been so easy.

Thing was the biggest pain, followed by sentinel. Used 4 revives on sentinel with 4/55 hyp to get him to 60%. Then realised that hyp builds up the cosmic charges at the beginning due to the node, hugely improving his block and did the last 60% in one go.

So now I'm cavalier, completed 100% UC this month. I have one 5/65 in the game breaking Omega and 2.5 t5b still to use. Thinking either unduped quake, duped Morningstar or unduped Hyperion for my next 5/65, but may wait to see what else I pull in the coming weeks.

My skill hasn't improved, but I think I have been a bit more patient in fights. The jump in power level to a 5/65 definitely helps with all content. I still think that elders bane will be beyond me until I get another 5/65 or at least get a couple of my other fillers leveled up to 4/55 (2/35 sabertooth ranked up a bit would be useful).

The quake/ Nick fury Dodge synergy has been huge however. Because of the way the AI deals with dodging, I could run them with Omega and auto fight all of master, including bosses, except for the last level.

So did I need to good? I still do!! But in the absence of getting better at the game, having one of the best regen champions, in Omega, as a 5/65 definitely helped.

So for all of you in a similar space, keep buying 2 blocks of t5b in the glory store every 8 days, and save it for one of the "god tier" champions and it will change your outcomes.

Because if I can become cavalier, anyone can.
    Oh and I can also now see why "save for blade" was such a huge thing. I only have him as an unleveled 4*, but I can see that a duped 4/55 would make so much content so very easy, due to the regen. I can also see why he was so many people's choice for first 5/65. He will make UC monthly so easy on items, just like Omega, but perhaps even better.

So if this game does frustrate you, definitely Save resources for a heal/damage mitigation and high damage champion.
  • Congrats on making Cavalier, you also picked one of the harder paths for 6.1.6, especially with your level of gameplay so you didn’t do yourself any favours there.

This is a game where practice makes perfect. Watching people like Seatin going through each monthly boss should keep you up to date on their mechanics. The other thing to do is recognise where it is you’re struggling and what you can do about it.

Are your mastery setups bad? This can give your champs a deceptively large boost (with OR I’d strongly consider suicides).

Do you miss parries/eat heavies/struggle to bait specials?
    My mastery set up is good. Know what I'm doing there. I'm a theory crafter and power gamer (RPGs for the win) at heart, rather than a beat em up player. Full LC and 2 in double edge. Going to get the last point in DE and at least 2 in coagulate when they do another core sale.

Parrys I am good at, except I can't do the repeated parry over and over when they charge like seatin/kt1. I am a quake and bake player, rather than shake. Heavies, I can normally always Dodge, except for punisher.... Baiting specials I can also do, although I often get clipped while trying to bait beam based sp1 on the dash back.

I have a long way to go to get better at this game. I also have to get more comfortable using items/ revives, rather than hoarding. I refused to use items on surfer, so just left him at one run through, rather than push for 100% for example.

2 more months on and I achieved elders bane last week. Also, I've 100% every UC EQ after silver surfer.

No additional champions made my roster, except for swapping 4* 5/50 Medusa for 5* unduped 4/55 Medusa.

My gameplay still sucks and I haven't 5/65 anyone else. Have 6 (nearly 7) t5b now and just need more t2a (7) and gold to make me make my mind up.

Pulled a lot of 5*s over this period, with only Medusa and sabertooth making my team. Saber just for synergy. The rest.... Og iron Man, og Spiderman, Luke, duped yondu, duped meph, duped bpcv, rhino, Ultron, duped Jane, duped rogue, duped black Spidey, Ronan, Ronan duped, ronin, Ronin duped, red cyclops duped, doc op dupe, bishop dupe and.... Torch! The last one is good.

Also got 6*s; meph, Carnage, Heimdall, black bolt. To go with my bishop and Elektra.

So, given my play is still pretty bad, I cannot stress enough the power of a decent, healing, 5/65. A high damage, healing 5* is just that useful.

Now I'm thinking on what to do next. Had one run though v4, but need to rank up more 4*, 3* and 2* to try for 100%. Also, even with 4/55 hype, I used a lot of revives on Deadpool x force... Because I suck.

May take up sentinel to 5/65 for v3. Anyone have any other suggestions on what I should do next?