**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Which 5 Star Champion Should I R5 - AA, CAIW, Aegon, Corvus, Ghost, Vision OG, or Ghost Rider

FuzzycatFuzzycat Posts: 87
edited October 2019 in Strategy and Tips
I'm an uncollected player, now completing Act 5. Goal is to complete Act 6.1 by mid- November and become Cavalier. I have enough resources to rank 5 just one 5 star champion. This will be my first 5 star rank 5 champion. Who will it be - AA (unawakened), Captain America (IW) (awakened), Aegon (unawakened), Corvus (unawakened but I have cosmic awakening gem), Ghost (unawakened), Vision OG (awakened) or Ghost Rider (unawakened but I have mystic awakening gem). Please vote and state your reasons. I am not interested in Labyrinth, or Variants now. Goal is to complete Act 5 (now I'm in 5.3) and then complete Act 6.1 by middle of November. Thanks in advance for your suggestions and taking part in the poll.

Which 5 Star Champion Should I R5 - AA, CAIW, Aegon, Corvus, Ghost, Vision OG, or Ghost Rider 48 votes

Archangel
2%
Fireant 1 vote
Captain America (IW)
31%
FallencircusMagrailothosWîndšpäveSpiderCoolsWicket329StarKillerVIIAng3lOfD3athReverend_RuckusLoctiteSuperGlueGritabit_Barabbas_natewagz419Thicco_ModeHCMmcocSpider_Rico 15 votes
Aegon
4%
razielGhriffin 2 votes
Corvus
27%
EvilEmpireCarmel1INTEGRALBajjsbwuqjwbazingampChampioncriticshadow_lurker22iRetr0Chris_118WedgemonsterPastorAmericaHobo_GoatS2_Blizzard 13 votes
Ghost
33%
abiew78KDoggg2017Darkrider05Lvernon15GrimmbearsimolazMitriaxBlackJ4zzmishfuMother_FlerkenWarHawk_Taz_1BabyMiikeH3t3rgfduncanSubExtaByteDevilMayCry 16 votes
Vision OG
2%
LucianoDelHoya 1 vote
Ghost Rider
0%

Comments

• Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    As I have not done any of those things, I will not be voting in your rank up poll, but I wonder, Why did you r4 Aegon unawakened?
  • Options
    djr17 said:

As I have not done any of those things, I will not be voting in your rank up poll, but I wonder, Why did you r4 Aegon unawakened?

Great question! I did not r4 Aegon. I had r3 Aegon as I was hoping to get a 5 star skill awakening gem from the summoner appreciation event but I ended up getting cosmic gem instead.
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    Fuzzycat said:

djr17 said:

Great question! I did not r4 Aegon. I had r3 Aegon as I was hoping to get a 5 star skill awakening gem from the summoner appreciation event but I ended up getting cosmic gem instead.
    I was, too, though I have only taken him to r2. Got tech instead.
  • Options
    iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Corvus
    I was gonna vote Ægon, but forget him without the dupe. Personally it's between Corvus and Ghost for me, but Corvus is definitely easier to play with, and I don't think you should use a gem on him, the dupe is nice and has saved me with my 5/50, but not necessary
  • Options
    iRetr0 said:

I was gonna vote Ægon, but forget him without the dupe. Personally it's between Corvus and Ghost for me, but Corvus is definitely easier to play with, and I don't think you should use a gem on him, the dupe is nice and has saved me with my 5/50, but not necessary

Thank you for your suggestion. I was on the fence about awakening Corvus but now I'm quite certain that I will save the cosmic gem for Hyperion or Medusa (if I happen to pull either of them during my lifetime).
  • Options
    HCMmcocHCMmcoc Posts: 55
    Captain America (IW)
    What sig is he right now?
  • Options
    HCMmcoc said:

What sig is he right now?

He's r4 sig 21 but I can take him all the way up to around sig 100 by November.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,364 ★★★★★
    Captain America (IW)
    Cap is Awakened? He's got phenomenal utility, and the damage to match. I'd also say he's more fun to use than Corvus. Corvus does great damage (up to a point), but he's kind of boring to actually use.

Vision is great, but can do what he needs to at 4/55.

Ghost - well it depends how you are with Ghost. If you love her, take her up; as she can wreck content. But if you aren't comfortable/very skilled with her, it's tricky to get the best out of her. Cap works best when you fight the way I default to; so personally, I'd always go with Cap.
  • Options

Cap is Awakened? He's got phenomenal utility, and the damage to match. I'd also say he's more fun to use than Corvus. Corvus does great damage (up to a point), but he's kind of boring to actually use.

Vision is great, but can do what he needs to at 4/55.

Ghost - well it depends how you are with Ghost. If you love her, take her up; as she can wreck content. But if you aren't comfortable/very skilled with her, it's tricky to get the best out of her. Cap works best when you fight the way I default to; so personally, I'd always go with Cap.

I use CAIW, Vision OG and AA for AW. I'm comfortable with using Ghost (r3) but I'm not a pro. I've used her sometimes to clear certain nodes in monthly uncollected events but never for AW or AQ.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,021 ★★★★★
    Captain America (IW)
    I want to say Cap was my second or third 5/65 champ, and even though I’m well beyond that now, he’s still the one I find the most useful. Get his sig up as high as you can and he’s beneficial for everything in this game. Very high damage, very high sustainability, heal reversal, armor break, and perfect parries. He’ll help to carry you through the content you’re talking about now and beyond.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Question: who's your option for 6.1.5 Crossbones? I believe Ghost can do it if played well (you're going to have to phase out of the biohazard debuffs a lot) but the more damage the better. Unless you already have an answer for that fight, I'd probably lean in this direction.

I don't know if Corvus can do that fight because I think the fight would be too long and you'd just run out of crits and then have to watch arc overload bring him back while it was recharging. But I honestly don't know if that's a valid option or not.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Question: who's your option for 6.1.5 Crossbones? I believe Ghost can do it if played well (you're going to have to phase out of the biohazard debuffs a lot) but the more damage the better. Unless you already have an answer for that fight, I'd probably lean in this direction.

I don't know if Corvus can do that fight because I think the fight would be too long and you'd just run out of crits and then have to watch arc overload bring him back while it was recharging. But I honestly don't know if that's a valid option or not.

I'm planning to bring AA, Captain America IW, Corvus, Ghost, and Vision OG to Act 6.1 (Aegon at r3 will be on standby unless I can awaken him soon). These five are all 4/55. However, I'm wondering who deserves to be my first r5/65. It took me nearly 2 years to get 2 T5BC. So I want to make sure I r5 the right champion - one that will be my MVP for Act 5.4 and Act 6.1.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Ghost
    Imho a player's 1st 5/65 should always be the champ you will use everyday. The one you have the most fun playing. The one you wreck stuff with.

Aside from that, Ghost(most powerful) , Corvus(most simple), IWCap( most utility), and GR (regen, heal block, etc.) are amazing choices. Aegon is too, but you might not see his value until you can open him up later in LOL.
  • Options
    SubExtaByteSubExtaByte Posts: 80
    Ghost
    I would go for ghost....every time you get a Debuff go phase and if she is dupped while you are phasing let the opponent hit you so you get power without taking damage till like the last second you should dash back
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Ghost
    I would go ghost to get you Cavalier then CapIW for 6.2.6 champion
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    If you're good with Ghost, go Ghost. If anything else, I'd go CAIW.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Ghost
    It’s between Corvus ghost and cap, I think ghost just because of her versatility but between those 3 it’s mostly up to you
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Corvus
    Ghost ONLY if you are skilled at using him, for me i would still go corvus cause you don't need alot of skill to use him effectively and he only needs 1 sig.