**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Ghost that much better awakened?

Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
edited October 2019 in Strategy and Tips
Hey Guys

Here's a question for all you ghost owners out there.

Is Ghost that much better awakened?

I've recently pulled a 5* ghost and have been playing around with her and am really getting used to her now. She's currently R4 now. I do have a Tech awakening gem I can use.

I usually start the fight swiping back and intercept. Then repeat. I also parry and heavy when possible. Fire off sp2 and end the fight. So I'm not sure how much her awakened ability will help.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Is Ghost that much better awakened? 61 votes

Yes - it greatly helps
50%
RagamugginGunnerdanielmathKenny292Haji_SaabSpity68ChovnerPsychoakumaGNASTYLvernon15Sup3rmanMixalisrcm2017zeezee57LordRaymond3B_Dizzle_01CeceSchmidtRabarberstengelPrylankVoodooChileX_Factor_Agent 31 votes
Yes - but not a great deal
40%
SnizzbarNanoDroidTerraHendrossPizzabeatLaVarBBBThi101Reverend_RuckusRougeknight87BlackJ4zzTheSquish671jay_denLoctiteSuperGlueGritabitEtjamaMother_Flerkendot_dittoLordGenesisFreeToPlay_21Nimor 25 votes
No - not much benefit
8%
Bruinsfan8510Hector_1475StevieManWonderBatman1903Pkarli412 5 votes

Comments

• SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    I wouldn't exactly say better, but the awakened ability definitely helps to get to SP2 sooner.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

I wouldn't exactly say better, but the awakened ability definitely helps to get to SP2 sooner.

Another thing to consider is letting the opponent hit into you.. is it a riskier way of playing I wonder.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Still does all the same stuff Unawakened, just a really nice bonus having her at a decent sig and getting to those specials a little quicker.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Yes - it greatly helps
    Yes it’s much better. Especially if you’re comfortable having them miss 3-4 times or they have a multi hit special like Cable or Punisher 2099. It greatly increases the rate at which you finish fights. The quicker you finish fights, the less chance of error and getting KO.
    -sixate- said:

R5 sig 200 5* Ghost player. I hated her before awakened. Now I get to that sp2 faster than my opponent can get to sp1. And I can get back to my sp2 with buffs active so easily if the fight isn't over. Her awakened ability is amazing and it completely changed the way I play her. I almost always counter the second miss.

Hey when you allow them to hit into your phase, after the second miss like you said, when you go in for intercept, is there a trick to not get hit in the face by the defender's combo?
    RoninMan said:

Yes it’s much better. Especially if you’re comfortable having them miss 3-4 times or they have a multi hit special like Cable or Punisher 2099. It greatly increases the rate at which you finish fights. The quicker you finish fights, the less chance of error and getting KO.

When you let them miss you, once your phase timer is up, do you intercept straight away, or dex back, or do you reset/parry before attacking?
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★

RoninMan said:

When you let them miss you, once your phase timer is up, do you intercept straight away, or dex back, or do you reset/parry before attacking?
    I found a quirky way to do it.
    You know how you click on the special attack button right after you hit connects, to link your SP to the combo?
    So, the idea is pretty much the same here. As soon as their light/medium attacks hit you, just input a light attack (I find light attacks easier to do, cause they seem to come out faster, but it’s also possible with mediums).

I use my R5 5/50 4* Ghost sig 40 pretty much. Idk if this is the most optimal way to play with the phasing, but it’s how I do, and usually gets the job done... JUST DON’T PANICK!
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    No - not much benefit
    I have a 6 star r2 Ghost unawakened and I never feel like I'm missing out on her power gain. I also have a r1 awakened Ghost as a five star (I threw a tech gem in her because I plan to take her up to r4 eventually, maybe r5) and I don't see much benefit to her ability, though I don't really regret awakening her. Either way, she's a great champ and if you don't have another choice for the gem, toss it in her, you won't regret it.

Sig 200
    8 missed hits
    Basically at an L2
    I'm pretty sure we're all interested in her damage.

Thanks.. what sig level would you say is sufficient for her.. 200 seems like a lot of investment.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    There's a very noticable difference in the power gain when she's awakened, I'll tell you that. But I still think she's good enough without it, unless you don't have anyone else to use the tech gem on, awaken her. I wouldn't advice using a generic, but opinions differ.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Yes - it greatly helps

-sixate- said:

R5 sig 200 5* Ghost player. I hated her before awakened. Now I get to that sp2 faster than my opponent can get to sp1. And I can get back to my sp2 with buffs active so easily if the fight isn't over. Her awakened ability is amazing and it completely changed the way I play her. I almost always counter the second miss.

Hey when you allow them to hit into your phase, after the second miss like you said, when you go in for intercept, is there a trick to not get hit in the face by the defender's combo?
    It's all timing, took me some practice to get it down. Go into ROL or LOL and practice until you get the timing down. It's easier to counter the medium so start off attacking after the first miss. Once you get better you'll counter 2 or 3 hits easy. You'll get a feel for her phase timer too. I used to look at it and it messed me up. Now I just know how long it is so I never watch it.

If you get a passive AI and they don't attack while phased I either hit into block, dash back and get a parry heavy. Or just dance and wait out the passive precision to run out and phase again if I can't force an intercept.
    -sixate- said:

-sixate- said:

It's all timing, took me some practice to get it down. Go into ROL or LOL and practice until you get the timing down. It's easier to counter the medium so start off attacking after the first miss. Once you get better you'll counter 2 or 3 hits easy. You'll get a feel for her phase timer too. I used to look at it and it messed me up. Now I just know how long it is so I never watch it.

If you get a passive AI and they don't attack while phased I either hit into block, dash back and get a parry heavy. Or just dance and wait out the passive precision to run out and phase again if I can't force an intercept.
    Thanks man, some really useful info, I'll get practicing.
  • DevilMayCryDevilMayCry Posts: 77
    I can immediately attack after either 2 miss or a full combo.

But I am not getting the timing right for 1 miss which is apparently the easiest way as per most YouTube videoes. Can this be because I am using android and it is slower or just needs more practice ?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Yes - it greatly helps
    It takes her from a 10/10 to a 14/10
    edited October 2019

I can immediately attack after either 2 miss or a full combo.

But I am not getting the timing right for 1 miss which is apparently the easiest way as per most YouTube videoes. Can this be because I am using android and it is slower or just needs more practice ?

If it's a medium hitting back after 1 hit is pretty easy... the problem is sometimes it's a 2 or a 3 hit combo,, and I have the same issue as you, get hit right in the face when going in after the 1st hit.
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    It's a nice little feature, but not a total game-changer, unlike Aegon and other champs.
    Have decided to go ahead and throw the Tech gem on him.. damn he's quite a bit better awakened.

It totally changes the way you play him. Just let the defender hit you and you get to that sp2 sooooooooo much faster.

Absolutely no regrets.
    Thanks so much guys for your input. I started this thread cos I couldn't find a similar poll or answer in the forum. Hopefully this can be of help to others after me.