**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Phoenix Special Attack 2 Damage Doesn't Scale Properly

Hello,

In her abilities says:
Special 2:
Consumes up to 4 Fury Buffs, increasing Special Damage by 10% per Fury consumed.

So, i have full suicides, 30% (recoil damage) + Double Edge + Liquid Courage = 60% of attack

I checked her damage ( i have a 6* Phoenix ), I had 7 stacks of furies before the special attack 2 and after it drops to 3.

But, where is the damage per fury consumed ? where is the 40% ?

40% + 30% recoil and Double Edge + Liquid Courage and her special attack 2 deals only +/- 10k damage or less.

Does this work correctly?

I attached a GIF

https://ibb.co/WD24frV

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I don’t really see the issue
  • AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★
    edited October 2019
    Lvernon15 said:

Really ? a 6* Phoenix consumes 4 stacks of furies for boost her SP 2 Damage by 40% but in reality even with suicides her sp 2 does less then 10k damage. And without suicides masteries i cant imagine her sp 2 damage. ( maybe 4-5k ) ?
    You think it's normal ?
    Agresssor said:

Lvernon15 said:

Really ? a 6* Phoenix consumes 4 stacks of furies for boost her SP 2 Damage by 40% but in reality even with suicides her sp 2 does less then 10k damage. And without suicides masteries i cant imagine her sp 2 damage. ( maybe 4-5k ) ?
    You think it's normal ?
    Yeah, it’s just a weak hitting special, karnak’s sp1 isn’t bugged even though it doesn’t deal much damage, not all special 2s have the same base damage
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Agresssor said:

Lvernon15 said:

You think it's normal ?
    Have you tried it without suicides to see what the damage is? You cannot just say x is not enough, you need to see if x is different in the different suggestions.

also remember all of that raises attack rating, not damage directly, there is a challenge rating calculation that goes into it.
    Lvernon15 said:

Agresssor said:

Lvernon15 said:

You think it's normal ?
    Yeah, it’s just a weak hitting special, karnak’s sp1 isn’t bugged even though it doesn’t deal much damage, not all special 2s have the same base damage
    Yes but Karnak SP 1 doesnt have the same ability to boost sp damage like Phoenix.

But the 40% boost of 4 furies stacks consumed, looks like doest work. I cant imagine how her SP 2 does that low damage with those boosts ? she consumes furies to increase her damage it's like a recoil mastery.
    Agresssor said:

Lvernon15 said:

Agresssor said:

Lvernon15 said:

You think it's normal ?
    Yes but Karnak SP 1 doesnt have the same ability to boost sp damage like Phoenix.

But the 40% boost of 4 furies stacks consumed, looks like doest work. I cant imagine how her SP 2 does that low damage with those boosts ? she consumes furies to increase her damage it's like a recoil mastery.
    Again you have to determine the base damage, right now this thread is purely speculating. You need to show what the damage is without the furies, without the suicides.

you can see partially by trying her sp2 with less than 4 charges, does the damage stay the same, or does it go down. It is up to you to show these sorts of things.
    I have done the testing for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLY_rc2ZXmo

at 40 seconds I do a sp2 with 5 furies, the damage is 178 for the small hits, and 1753 for the crit
    at 1:29 I do a sp2 with 1 fury, the damage is 126 for the small hits and 1301 for the crit

that is a difference of 452 damage for the crit or about 30% more damage for the 4 buffs comparable to the 1, which is on par for what it says.
    edited October 2019
    Lormif said:

at 40 seconds I do a sp2 with 5 furies, the damage is 178 for the small hits, and 1753 for the crit
    at 1:29 I do a sp2 with 1 fury, the damage is 126 for the small hits and 1301 for the crit

that is a difference of 452 damage for the crit or about 30% more damage for the 4 buffs comparable to the 1, which is on par for what it says.

The difference it's 25.78% between 5 furies and 1. If you want you can round it up to 30% and it's looks like only recoil's +30% damage.

Shes consumes 4 furies and increases her special attack 2 damage by 40% right ? and recoil increases her damage by 30% right ? Total 70% increased damage. Where in the video / gif is clearly not noticeable. Or I’m just a bad mathematician, in any case, the developers will know better

Agresssor said:

Lormif said:

The difference it's 25.78% between 5 furies and 1. If you want you can round it up to 30% and it's looks like only recoil's +30% damage.

Shes consumes 4 furies and increases her special attack 2 damage by 40% right ? and recoil increases her damage by 30% right ? Total 70% increased damage. Where in the video / gif is clearly not noticeable. Or I’m just a bad mathematician, in any case, the developers will know better

Your math is off, your math is off. You are dividing by 1753, to see the increase in damage over 1301 you have to divide by 1301.

Secondly the video does not test with/without recoil, or with/without suicides, it tests only the furies. and it proves the increase in damage with the furies work. Neither video shows a problem with suicides because that was not tested. You can spend the units to turn off the suicides to test it, but I know for a fact suicides will raise the attack because that is seen in the attack pane at party select time.

If you want to say there is a bug prove it.
    Lormif said:

Agresssor said:

Lormif said:

Your math is off, your math is off. You are dividing by 1753, to see the increase in damage over 1301 you have to divide by 1301.

Secondly the video does not test with/without recoil, or with/without suicides, it tests only the furies. and it proves the increase in damage with the furies work. Neither video shows a problem with suicides because that was not tested. You can spend the units to turn off the suicides to test it, but I know for a fact suicides will raise the attack because that is seen in the attack pane at party select time.

Sorry, the diffrence it's 26.43%. With 5 furies you did 2622 damage and with 1 furie you did 1929. But, logicaly the damage was supposed to be 3970.9 ( total, with 5 furies ). But, it's very difficult to calculate the exact values. Do not forget that at the time when you did special attack 2 you had 5 stacks of furies. Which means that the fifth stack also increases her attack but she consumes only 4 stack's for a 40% boost.
    I'm not saying that her SP 2 damage is not increasing with furies stack's but the problem/question is does it's scaling/increasing properly ?

Agresssor said:

Lormif said:

Agresssor said:

Lormif said:

Sorry, the diffrence it's 26.43%. With 5 furies you did 2622 damage and with 1 furie you did 1929. But, logicaly the damage was supposed to be 3970.9 ( total, with 5 furies ). But, it's very difficult to calculate the exact values. Do not forget that at the time when you did special attack 2 you had 5 stacks of furies. Which means that the fifth stack also increases her attack but she consumes only 4 stack's for a 40% boost.
    I'm not saying that her SP 2 damage is not increasing with furies stack's but the problem/question is does it's scaling/increasing properly ?

Are you adding the numebrs up, and then doing all that? You cannot do that... You have to look at it on a per hit basis.....

Also no, it only uses 4 of the 5, it only increases damage based on the number of furies CONSUMED, which is maxed at 4

Special 2: Cosmic Firestorm – Cosmic fire, funnelled by raw Telekinetic power, into a deadly firestorm.

Gain 3 additional stacks of Phoenix Force.
    Consumes up to 4 Fury Buffs, increasing Special Damage by 10% per Fury consumed.

it seems you really have no clue about how any of this works, which explains the lack of verification....
    Lormif said:

Agresssor said:

Lormif said:

Agresssor said:

Lormif said:

Are you adding the numebrs up, and then doing all that? You cannot do that... You have to look at it on a per hit basis.....

Also no, it only uses 4 of the 5, it only increases damage based on the number of furies CONSUMED, which is maxed at 4

Special 2: Cosmic Firestorm – Cosmic fire, funnelled by raw Telekinetic power, into a deadly firestorm.

it seems you really have no clue about how any of this works, which explains the lack of verification....
    I said, you have 5 furies and each fury increases your attack, right ? but she consumes only 4 and increases her SPECIAL ATTACK 2 DAMAGE by 40% but also the fifh fury increses your attack rating. I can not express myself normally. English is not my native language and sit through google translator.

But you clearly see that her damage does not increase in the right way. I repeat, her damage with fury and without are different BUT the damage with 4 furies and recoil does not increasing increases in the right way. I wrote it right in the title of the topic. The topic name says " PHOENIX SPECIAL ATTACK 2 DAMAGE DOESN'T SCALE PROPERLY "

and not " PHOENIX SPECIAL ATTACK 2 DAMAGE DOESN'T INCREASES PER FURY CONSUMED "

Agresssor said:

Lormif said:

Agresssor said:

Lormif said:

Agresssor said:

Lormif said:

I said, you have 5 furies and each fury increases your attack, right ? but she consumes only 4 and increases her SPECIAL ATTACK 2 DAMAGE by 40% but also the fifh fury increses your attack rating. I can not express myself normally. English is not my native language and sit through google translator.

But you clearly see that her damage does not increase in the right way. I repeat, her damage with fury and without are different BUT the damage with 4 furies and recoil does not increasing increases in the right way. I wrote it right in the title of the topic. The topic name says " PHOENIX SPECIAL ATTACK 2 DAMAGE DOESN'T SCALE PROPERLY "

and not " PHOENIX SPECIAL ATTACK 2 DAMAGE DOESN'T INCREASES PER FURY CONSUMED "

I see and have shown that her damage IS increased in the right way. You have not shown that there is any issue.

you have not shown either way, without you showing there is an issue Kabam is more than likely going to ignore this thread.
    Lormif said:

You said " that is a difference of 452 damage for the crit or about 30% ", 4 furies = 40% damage and recoil add's +30%

70% damage, so why the difference it's about only 30% ?

Agresssor said:

Lormif said:

You said " that is a difference of 452 damage for the crit or about 30% ", 4 furies = 40% damage and recoil add's +30%

70% damage, so why the difference it's about only 30% ?

Because the other 40% of the damage is in the suicides, which was in both numbers already. If I had removed my suicides the damage would go down about 40% more.
    edited October 2019
    In short, I don’t know how exactly the damage is calculated, but this is some kind of nonsense.
    Liquid Courage and Double Edge increases only the attack rating and no the special attack's damage ( at least it should be or maybe it increases the special attack's damage too ).

If it's works as intended... is some kind of nonsense. Sacrifice 4 furies for a 40% boost but in the realities of the game
    it's about 450-500 damage EVEN with RECOIL. As i said before, my 6* Phoenix does about only 6-7k damage with full suicides and 4 furies consumed. Anyway, the developers know better than me or you. There is a lot of secret and understatement in this game ( in terms of damage ).

In any case, thanks for the video and for not ignoring
    Agresssor said:

In short, I don’t know how exactly the damage is calculated, but this is some kind of nonsense.
    Liquid Courage and Double Edge increases only the attack rating and no the special attack's damage ( at least it should be or maybe it increases the special attack's damage too ).

If it's works as intended... is some kind of nonsense. Sacrifice 4 furies for a 40% boost but in the realities of the game
    it's about 450-500 damage EVEN with RECOIL. As i said before, my 6* Phoenix does about only 6-7k damage with full suicides and 4 furies consumed. Anyway, the developers know better than me or you. There is a lot of secret and understatement in this game ( in terms of damage ).

You cannot verify what you are saying how youa re saying it.

Double Edge and Liquid Courage are ALWAYS ON, so just doing a special with 4 furies or none will not show a difference in damage from double edge.

recoil affects special damage only, so you can see a difference from basic attacks to special attacks, but not from special attacks to special attack.

here is another video, the same champions on the team, the only thing differnt is I turned off all attack mastery, the vast majority of the damage comes from suicides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNluxQdCubI

You will note in this video phenix has 625 attack on the champ select screen where as in the other video she had 1101. This is entirely suicides, glass cannon and the basic attack mysteries.

you will not this ones basic attacks are

192 medium
    123 light
    297 light

In the old video with suicides it was
    228 medium
    217 light
    535 light crit

Again suicides and glass cannon. you will note these numbers go up properly as furries go up.

The sp2 damage in this one was
    454 non crit, with 4 furies.
    219 with no furies

So again a massive differnce without suicides.

If you always run suicides you are not going to see damage increases because of it, you have to turn the suicides off to see the difference. And you can see the differnce between with and without recoil the damage from basic attacks to specials.
    Agresssor said:

Lvernon15 said:

Agresssor said:

Lvernon15 said:

You think it's normal ?

Add the same boost amount to his s1 and it’s still weak, 130% of a 1k damage s1 still doesn’t hit hard