**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AI Reactions

2»

Comments

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

I'm pretty adamant about my views on consistent speed and movement. It's the one thing that has to remain the same for the game to function properly on our end. I gave feedback on TAT, and I still don't care for the increasing difficulty format, but I went back to it and I realized a big part of my experience was the AI reactions.

Accusing

Kabam can change the AI speed as they see fit, players have to "GET GUD"... blah blah blah!!

I hope you're on Kabam payroll the way you're defending them, you guys are annoying. 😂

BUT... "The AI ability to stop mid action and start another action which we can’t do" - somebody commented this earlier, which is the big problem with me. AI does a dash, and stop mid-dash to block, evade or activate a special attack.

He's just taking comments I made on the Cull Thread and spamming them out of context here. I didn't say they changed it at all. I said I've noticed the differences. Don't pay attention to it. It's just because I posted something.
    Sounds like you are saying its been changed or is there another way to interpret this comment
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    The one thing the ai does that I truly hate is the ability to throw a faster or slower heavy, SP1 and SP2.

And they are able to do this during different parts of the animation. First part slow, second part fast; first part fast, second part slow. All fast or all slow.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    KattohS said:

The one thing the ai does that I truly hate is the ability to throw a faster or slower heavy, SP1 and SP2.

And they are able to do this during different parts of the animation. First part slow, second part fast; first part fast, second part slow. All fast or all slow.

Yeah. What frustrates me is you can't dash to them without eating a hit now or having them jerk back and Evade. Then they're recovering from Specials and leading into Combos or dashing back. Block is on a dime. It feels like there's no response time at all for us. I have a theory that it could be the result of a number of fixes pushed over the last while, an unintended side effect. Nothing to base that on. All I know is it adds a layer of frustration on top of the healthy frustration from a challenge.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    The one thing I’ve noticed the AI doing their month in particular is an increase in Special and light intercepts, something that was non existent up until a few months. I’ve genuinely stopped doing medium draft backs and instead doing light draft backs and they’re safer is the AI doesn’t play into you

The one thing I’ve noticed the AI doing their month in particular is an increase in Special and light intercepts, something that was non existent up until a few months. I’ve genuinely stopped doing medium draft backs and instead doing light draft backs and they’re safer is the AI doesn’t play into you

Medium too. To the point where you almost get to them and make contact and they'll whiff you.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

Medium too. To the point where you almost get to them and make contact and they'll whiff you.
    I’m glad they’re ‘improving’ the specials from block thing, that ones gotten me multiple times across the board. Which I think is tied to the whole thing. I reckon yeh AI has been changed to not be more aggressive per se, but to throw attacks more often resulting in these observations

• Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Dshu said:

Marri_2 said:

I do notice the AI feinting attacks against champs I use parry-heavy with. CaIW, AA etc. They seem to attack, you hit block to get the parry, they stop attacking, you miss the parry and it turns into a block.

To me, this is a sign that the AI is adjusting to my moves.

When I notice CaIW isn't getting parry optiins, I'll do 3 fights without parry heavies and the AI decides it should be aggressive again for a few fights.

As stated to the original poster of this thread. The tos gives them the right to make changes without notifying the players. Also if you use quake and hold block the whole fight you don't need to be concerned with the ai
    Where did I say it wasn't? I only made an observation. The AI adapts. Which I think it should, or it would be AD.

I’m glad they’re ‘improving’ the specials from block thing, that ones gotten me multiple times across the board. Which I think is tied to the whole thing. I reckon yeh AI has been changed to not be more aggressive per se, but to throw attacks more often resulting in these observations

I really don't think it's been changed intentionally or specifically. There's been a number of fixes over the last few months. I think it's just a side-effect.

Okay. I've tried to give it the benefit of the doubt and observe all month, and I think we need to have a serious discussion about the AI and the speed it reacts. TAT was just unnecessarily painful because of the reaction times. All month long, what I saw was noticeable. The AI would either hold Block until you advanced, and then it would whiff you, or speed up and leave little room to respond. I saw AI move farther across the screen than normal, Block hits immediately, Evade back on a dime when you're charging towards it, stop short of Parries, freeze your Evade while executing Specials (Not True Strike), speed up or slow down depending on what you're trying to perform, continuously execute from Combo to Combo while you're trying to hold Block, just to list a few things. I understand that these things have been talked about before, and I'm not saying it's intentional or trying to incite any sort of controversy. This isn't a rant. I just want to stress that this needs to be looked at. The one issue I've had throughout my time is consistency with AI. That needs to be a priority. With everything else going on in terms of Champs, Nodes, and new Abilities, having issues with speed and controls is not only detrimental to game play, it also affects the overall experience of content. I'm sorry if this seems venting, not really trying to come across as such. I've just tried to stay silent about it all month, and I have to bring it up because it's been a pretty frustrating go this month.

Kabam doesn't make changes to AI without telling us.
    Didn't say they did. Did you read the rest of the Thread?

Okay. I've tried to give it the benefit of the doubt and observe all month, and I think we need to have a serious discussion about the AI and the speed it reacts. TAT was just unnecessarily painful because of the reaction times. All month long, what I saw was noticeable. The AI would either hold Block until you advanced, and then it would whiff you, or speed up and leave little room to respond. I saw AI move farther across the screen than normal, Block hits immediately, Evade back on a dime when you're charging towards it, stop short of Parries, freeze your Evade while executing Specials (Not True Strike), speed up or slow down depending on what you're trying to perform, continuously execute from Combo to Combo while you're trying to hold Block, just to list a few things. I understand that these things have been talked about before, and I'm not saying it's intentional or trying to incite any sort of controversy. This isn't a rant. I just want to stress that this needs to be looked at. The one issue I've had throughout my time is consistency with AI. That needs to be a priority. With everything else going on in terms of Champs, Nodes, and new Abilities, having issues with speed and controls is not only detrimental to game play, it also affects the overall experience of content. I'm sorry if this seems venting, not really trying to come across as such. I've just tried to stay silent about it all month, and I have to bring it up because it's been a pretty frustrating go this month.

I’m actually amazed that you agree that this is a problem.
    Just speaking from my own observations over the last month. Well, over the last few months, but it's pretty apparent this month.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Every time you post this sort of thing I feel like we are playing a different game lol. I don't have any issues with the AI. It changes from time to time but in pretty subtle ways.
  • Some AI champs are chaining together combos as well as interrupting SP 1 and 2 attacks and I have seen cases where blocking gets drop,next thing the player knows they are hit with a combo.
  • KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    Has an ADMIN replied or MERGED all these “issues” that appear to be caused by changes to the AI after the 22.0 Update? Doesn’t matter if it was intentional or not, but the fact is there are a multitude of posts regarding various issues since 22.0 that are asked, shared & confirmed by the majority of allies in these forums. So many, it takes extra time to sift thru which thread to comment in about a specific issue.
    From personal experience & extreme frustration it looks like the AI has been sped up or somethin changed causing different types of recent/returning “bugs”. Recent fights seem live, like the AI was uploaded all our tips/tricks/ tactics plus more actions that we can’t perform,...many found in “dorky daves” ninja series & making them enhanced like the AGENTS from the MATRIX. Ha These aren’t actions the AI was able to do consistently or at all.
    I don’t recall the AI:
    Dexterity w/o evading, Backdraft Intercepts, Combo & Evade counter into Specials, Blocking SPs after Combo, Hit us Mid-Heavy, Frenetically Hold/Release Block to Bait, Super Speed Dashes, Bouncing off the Wall to interrupt Backdrafts, SPs during our Combos” to name a few.

I’m not talking about the times i mess up, am distracted, use wrong tactics or my thumbs just don’t work! Lol
    This is my personal experience, not a conspiracy theory. I’m not saying Kabam “has to” to tell us any of these changes, yet it has been shared in the past that they would share with us. Admins have periodically posted it hasn’t,... but obviously something has for so many different allies reporting similar “issues” regarding the AI in all game modes. There has been several emergency “bug fixes, updates pushed” for specific AI changes that could also be the cause since the interactions are systemic. Can we plz get this looked into, acknowledged or confirmed bc any AI CHANGES effects EVERY fight, mode & SUMMONER.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Kabam typically tweaks AI periodically. As it is there game they have the right to make these changes and it is really up to us to learn the new patterns of fighting. I actually like that they do this as if it would never change the game would get very mundane and boring. I haven't had any trouble adjusting but again I have practiced fighting champs to adjust my play style to be compatible with the current A.I. settings. At first glance it may seem unfair of the A.I. changes but once you learn the new behavior the fights are much easier again. Currently I'm not having any issues that you appear to be having as I have changed my play style to accommodate the new A.I.
  • Shroud1969Shroud1969 Posts: 76
    I won’t rehash the observations - all true and evident in my experiences in end game content. The issue has been compounding month on month. It’s most prevalent in the Variant quests. (AQ is a separate issue with passive AI.)

I know the convenient response is “no changes to AI.” Technically that may actually be true. Practically, however the way they’ve “turned the dials” has influenced player/AI interaction to an occasionally frustrating extent - especially when using certain champs bc of their animations, etc. (e.g., Sentinel or Massacre).
  • MΛSSΛCREMΛSSΛCRE Posts: 101
    @GroundedWisdom for once I completely agree with you
  • BoogalooglerBoogaloogler Posts: 97 ★★
    Dshu said:

This thread is so scripted and we can all see through it.

Point is the AI is a joke and has been for months. There’s no doubt it’s changed and there’s also no doubt that Kabam are avoiding it. They can change it yes but declare it like every other change in the game...

Again, the AI is a joke

According to the tos they can make changes to the game at any time. It is their property and we are just paying for the use of it. It doesn't state that any changes have to notify the player base. Apologies @Starlord27 this comment is directed to the threads original poster. Also starlord is played by chris pratt who's son would rather dress as thor than sl. This isn't relevant to the original thread just information that has been shared in tabloids and I like pizza. Trying to keep my posts grounded in wisdom
    I can't think of a worse take. If you can't open your mouth to do anything other than chew leather, then just keep it closed.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    blast from the past but i laughed at this and immediately thought about King Groot who can dash more than halfway across the screen when he throws his SP1 lol just never consistent .. you expect a normal SP1 .. and dex it like normal but then wham nope you're not a safe distance even standing way way back he glides seemingly as far as he needs to in order to hit you lol
    Yeah, this was quite the necro. Lol.
This discussion has been closed.