**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Grandmaster Crystals

2»

Comments

• Options
    Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★

SDP said:

Caino1023 said:

Yet another 3*. Such a disappointment every 2 weeks. @Kabam Miike with the new calendars, any plans to update these?

SDP said:

If you are Uncollected or Cavalier and these crystals actually bring disappointment, then you are doing something wrong.

How so? You think the amount and frequency of these crystals add a great amount of value to your account?
    I'd love to hear your wisdom.
    No. I don’t. And that is the point. It’s a free shot at a 5*, but obviously an unlikely one. Maybe a 4* for a little iso bump. I can’t imagine any scenario in which your progression relies on them enough to be disappointed in them. I don’t expect them to add significant value to my account. I expect to complete content for meaningful progression.

I have never once thought about them in any meaningful way. I generally have nearly a million PHC shards, so they don’t concern me at all honestly. I don’t expect to get anything at all from some small free crystal every couple weeks. I often forget about them entirely. There is zero disappointment for me when I do get around to opening them.

You’re disappointed in the benefits of becoming Uncollected because of a lack of these shards? Really? What about the EQ?

Hey, man. Whatever does it for ya.
    Perfectly explained. The literal explanation of the say in "looking a gift horse in the mouth". It's a free crystal that you litterally do nothing to get. Open it and move on.
    It's a pretty sad "gift" is all I'm saying. Everything Kabam decides to put into the game has value, and this, in my opinion, does not.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Caino1023 said:

SDP said:

Caino1023 said:

Yet another 3*. Such a disappointment every 2 weeks. @Kabam Miike with the new calendars, any plans to update these?

SDP said:

If you are Uncollected or Cavalier and these crystals actually bring disappointment, then you are doing something wrong.

How so? You think the amount and frequency of these crystals add a great amount of value to your account?
    No. I don’t. And that is the point. It’s a free shot at a 5*, but obviously an unlikely one. Maybe a 4* for a little iso bump. I can’t imagine any scenario in which your progression relies on them enough to be disappointed in them. I don’t expect them to add significant value to my account. I expect to complete content for meaningful progression.

I have never once thought about them in any meaningful way. I generally have nearly a million PHC shards, so they don’t concern me at all honestly. I don’t expect to get anything at all from some small free crystal every couple weeks. I often forget about them entirely. There is zero disappointment for me when I do get around to opening them.

You’re disappointed in the benefits of becoming Uncollected because of a lack of these shards? Really? What about the EQ?

Perfectly explained. The literal explanation of the say in "looking a gift horse in the mouth". It's a free crystal that you litterally do nothing to get. Open it and move on.
    It's a pretty sad "gift" is all I'm saying. Everything Kabam decides to put into the game has value, and this, in my opinion, does not.
    So don't open them. The first time you get a 5* from the GMC, you'll probably think differently. All i view it is extra ISO and shards and possibly a max Sig crystal. Its free, doesnt have to be mind blowing. They dont have to do it at all. You probably hate the login calendars too.
  • Options

Caino1023 said:

SDP said:

Caino1023 said:

SDP said:

So don't open them. The first time you get a 5* from the GMC, you'll probably think differently. All i view it is extra ISO and shards and possibly a max Sig crystal. Its free, doesnt have to be mind blowing. They dont have to do it at all. You probably hate the login calendars too.
    The majority of people thought the login calendars were a drop in the bucket and voiced their opinion. And now they’re being changed...
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    GMC should just have 4*s and 5*s at minimum only or if they want add a small % of getting a 6*. I believe most would be happy and I believe at this stage in the game it would be appropriate.
  • Options

GMC should just have 4*s and 5*s at minimum only or if they want add a small % of getting a 6*. I believe most would be happy and I believe at this stage in the game it would be appropriate.

Agreed, or at least better 5* rates. Hopefully with the calendars being updated they'll look at this next.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

They really should replace phc shards with gmc shards in arenas for UC and Cav title holders. Phcs have long since held any value to advanced players and this would kill two birds with one stone, improve arenas and make gmc shards more available. Honestly it's amazing to me this hasn't already happened.

I think GMCs should be available in arena only with the 4* featured and 5* arenas. Realistically you won’t compete in those arenas without getting to UC anyways, so that’s where it should change.

• Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Caino1023 said:

DNA3000 said:

You think they are a waste of space and you want more of them?

In their current form - yes. Getting a dime once a week is pointless, but getting 1000 of them is more meaningful.
    You knew what I meant.
    That’s if your cavalier. 2 weeks for everyone else who’s uncollected
  • Options

Caino1023 said:

DNA3000 said:

You think they are a waste of space and you want more of them?

In their current form - yes. Getting a dime once a week is pointless, but getting 1000 of them is more meaningful.
    You knew what I meant.
    That’s if your cavalier. 2 weeks for everyone else who’s uncollected
    Good point. Yea I’m uncollected so I’m in that camp