Kabaam banned me for their mistake

JpmdocJpmdoc Member Posts: 13
edited August 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Dear kabaam, today I received a notice of ban in the amount of 168 hrs. I can only assume that this is due to errors made by kabaam in issuing quest rewards. I personally have run all monthly quest to 100%. This includes 1 time thru easy in which you erroneously paid me rewards due to your error. I did not Run the paths over and over and was simply trying to complete in game content. I have never used any systems or apps and have play d this game religiously for 3 years. In addition to my time I have spent thousands of dollars building a roster. To ban a player for your mistake is border line illegal as you are now stealing from me. I can no longer collect my daily 5* card or my daily catalyst card. These alone of cost me $200. I have never received any noticed in the past! I am strongly requesting my account be reviewed and corrected immediately. In your thread you indicated items would be taken back. I'm ok with that and have not used the items paid out. Again this is your error and I did nothing other then complete In game content. Please advise me what actions will be done to correct your error!!! Jpm-doc

Comments

• project314project314 Member Posts: 67
    So you've been playing this game religiously for three years...

Did you notice that you were getting rewards that you usually wouldn't be getting? Because, I mean, playing religiously, you'd realize something weird was going on, right? Didn't think to send Kabam support a message asking if there was a glitch?
  • GrubGrub Member Posts: 258 ★★★
    People who are first time offenders received 7 day bans. Those who are repeat offenders received permanent bans.
  • JpmdocJpmdoc Member Posts: 13
    I understand and appreciate the concept! But again banning someone for completing in game content is unacceptable.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,933 ★★★★★
    Just normal completing shouldn't be a problem ...
    Exploits in this case is like, repeating the same line (already explored) over and over again.
    Just completing unexplored paths should be "okay"...
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Member Posts: 399
    edited August 2017
    Well, u shoulda stopped till they fix that bug like others did. Though, they didn't ban players that were just completing modes but anyway It's kinda weird that u said u were exploring even "easy" mode, ain't no body got time for that..
  • DJRipsterDJRipster Member Posts: 169
    edited August 2017
    "we will not be banning players that were playing as normal and happened to accidentally benefit from this exploit."

^^ Thats a quote from Adora... They didnt ban anyone who played the content as normal, only those who re-ran quests over and over again

• JpmdocJpmdoc Member Posts: 13
    ddwetvdvmjbn.png

In addition they have acknowledged that people could have this happen unknowingly by completing i game content as shown in kabaams own thread!
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Member Posts: 550 ★★
    I think Kabam is fairly misguided in their approach to this.
  • Jeremy13Jeremy13 Member Posts: 24
    What is upsetting is, Kabam knew about this bug after an hour of it being introduced yet they kept it active for 18 hours! They did not fix it and allowed the temptation posed by their mistake to corrupt their players.
  • Tonio07Tonio07 Member Posts: 1
    Thing is....how the **** u leave in game content active while there's a known bug.....Kabam shouldn't ban anyone for their double mistake.... 1) the error in programming letting this to happen, and 2) leaving the content active..... errors are paid....and its Kabam's error....not the player's error
  • Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Moderator Posts: 8,269
    We do not discuss bans or actions taken on individual accounts in our Forums. If you would like to appeal or discuss a ban, please contact our Customer Service Team here: https://kabam.secure.force.com/PKB/KbContactUsForm
    Please note that our team will not disclose the reasons as to why your account was banned.
This discussion has been closed.