**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

What’s with Angela’s Special Attacks

B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
So I got a 6* Angela. And she’s great for general damage. Very suicide friendly. But I gotta ask. What’s with her only doing like 4K SP2 when she has over 4,000 attack with suicides on. How is that even possible when she has 3 furries. Her basic mediums are like 9k. But you launch a SP1 and it grits for 3.5k on 3 hits.

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    It’s hilarious I know but that’s kabam there is no real reason as to why it’s like that.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    She does drop a good amount if furies from using a Special Attack.
  • WATCHEDWATCHED Posts: 186
    I been using my 5star r4 awakened for a long time, its seems ur using her wrong IMO, she is a heavy attack damage champ, sp1 is weak but mainly used to help stack fury, trying doing a lot if heavy attacks with her and u will see her RAW damage
  • WATCHEDWATCHED Posts: 186
    Raw damage champs dont rely on their special attacks much, her Heavy Attack can put out almost 15k with 3 furies.
  • WATCHED said:

I been using my 5star r4 awakened for a long time, its seems ur using her wrong IMO, she is a heavy attack damage champ, sp1 is weak but mainly used to help stack fury, trying doing a lot if heavy attacks with her and u will see her RAW damage

That about it. Stay between one and two bars of power. activate her SP1 just bevor hitting that second bar. She will stack up to 3 Furys after you reach one bar of power. Use her standard and heavy attacks to get the real damage ;)
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★

WATCHED said:

That about it. Stay between one and two bars of power. activate her SP1 just bevor hitting that second bar. She will stack up to 3 Furys after you reach one bar of power. Use her standard and heavy attacks to get the real damage ;)
    That’s how I play her i just hate how her specials do nothing
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    I have a R2 6 star Angela. Her specials are never where her damage comes from (cept the sp3). Her spacial are only to cycle her buffs how you see fit. You gotta get used to it. I personally see it as a benefit since you don't need to really think about it, just attack away.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★

just wondering; have you tried using her special 3? It's pretty darn nice.
    But yeah I guess it's just that her special attacks dealing very little damage counter the fact that she deals so much damage on her basic attacks.

My issue with the special 3 is it puts you back in armor mode. Yes you have the buff that ups crit and furies, but those crit and furies are pretty much about to wear off. So you have to work up to the Fury mode again. In my experience, the sp 3 (which admittedly I don't use often) isn't worth that drop in offensive buffs.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    I get how she works. I just don’t know how to justify someone who has 4K attack only does 3k specials. Maybe kanam should say her specials do 80% less damage or something. Let’s be transparent. No champ with 4K attack should have damage that low.
  • Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    Is she worth rank 4 or even rank 5? I have cosmic rank up gem to rank 4 and tired of waiting Hype and Medusa.
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Idk the cosmic class is insane. Corvus, medusa, capt marvel movie, hype, cull, even venom are all imo more worthy of a cosmic r4 rank up, if youve got cosmic stuff expiring then angela isnt a bad choice. There was a time awhile ago i considered it but these days it would be really hard for me to justify r4 angela with the other options in the cosmic class, just my opinion and dont get me wrong, angela can bang and being the havok counter she is has put her back on the map a bit but even still i dont think its enough. Unless you have limited options and few r4s then def go for it, long ago my first was x23, wouldnt do it now but she absolutley carried me back then for a good while.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Nah01 said:

Is she worth rank 4 or even rank 5? I have cosmic rank up gem to rank 4 and tired of waiting Hype and Medusa.

Nah
  • UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★
    Nah01 said:

I'd say she is worth r4 as mine is and she hits like a truck idk about r5 though only if you really enjoy using her
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★

I get how she works. I just don’t know how to justify someone who has 4K attack only does 3k specials. Maybe kanam should say her specials do 80% less damage or something. Let’s be transparent. No champ with 4K attack should have damage that low.

Exactly this. We’d have a lot less people wondering if something was bugged if these things were more upfront and plainly stated. If there’s an increase, decrease, or cap in a stat for an attack, Kabam should just say so.