Options

Act 4 Maestro

BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,361 ★★★★
I need a good list of champions in each class which are best to use against Maestro. Please give me your best and reasons why. Also if possible can you mention helpful tips.

Thank you in advance!

Respectfully,

BowTieJohn

Comments

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    All of them. Maestro is an extremely easy fight. Only advice is to push him to Sp2 and don't let him use Sp1.
  • Options
    @Etjama That has been a huge problem to get him to sp2. He either slams me with multiple hits and I die or he immediately uses his sp1 and I die.
  • Options

@Etjama That has been a huge problem to get him to sp2. He either slams me with multiple hits and I die or he immediately uses his sp1 and I die.

If I could see your roster, I could give much better advice.
  • Options
    My 5*s are on this post ---> https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/164419/act-4-eventually-act-5#latest. I will try to get my 4* and 3* roster posted when I have time.
  • Options
    Uuuum, you're kidding, right?
  • Options
    What do you mean?
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,826 ★★★★★
    Do you have dexterity unlocked in your masteries? If not, you should.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    That 5 star roster alone is rediculous. The whole quest would be easy with that Havok alone.
  • Options
    Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    Yep, as @Etjama said, I don't know where the problem is. If you can fully evade Maestro's SP1 (which is not as hard as most people say) your roster is even enough to tackle the Collector and 100% Act 4.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Ignoring the point that you should be able to just steamroll the maestro with the quality of champs you have, vision and doctor octopus can power lock him to reduce the number of sp1s you have to deal with. Luke Cage can also stun him which will make it easier to skip to the sp2. Power control and stun lock will be your best options if you struggle to dex his sp1
  • Options
    Thank you all for you comments! I know my skills need to grow, but only asked about champions to know if any would make it easier.
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Thank you all for you comments! I know my skills need to grow, but only asked about champions to know if any would make it easier.

Yeah, in that case, what @K00shMaan said is exactly what I had in mind. Luke can stun him a lot which makes it much easier to push him to his Sp2 and his high damage will knock him down quick. Seatin has a video on how to use Doc Ock that helps keep the opponent power locked for the whole fight, then you won't have to worry about any specials. Vision's Sp1 spam will work well too. Don't be afraid to take block damage as your champs are way higher than usual when going into this quest. If you haven't mastered dex and parry, your best option might be to bait heavies and retaliate. Pictures of your Mastery set up could be extremely helpful too.
  • Options
    Bungyman_BMBungyman_BM Posts: 45

I need a good list of champions in each class which are best to use against Maestro. Please give me your best and reasons why. Also if possible can you mention helpful tips.

Thank you in advance!

Respectfully,

BowTieJohn

Make sure you have parry. Dexterity, a decent set of 4/40 4star champions. Even 3 4/40 champs the other 2 path clearers. Bleed champions like domino, fury, Gwen pool, Also aa are good options. Get use to avoiding that special 1 if you can’t push him over. A raw damage champ would help. There’s so many ways he isn’t really that hard especially if your taking the arc overload node of him.
    There’s so many stun lock champs as well just in case you can’t do it. So just stun him and keep him there until he’s dead. Power lock with magic if he keeps killing you with he’s specials.
    A 3/30 fish man would wipe the floor with him used right.
    Hope it helped
  • Options
    Bungyman_BMBungyman_BM Posts: 45

Thank you in advance!

Respectfully,

BowTieJohn

Make sure you have parry. Dexterity, a decent set of 4/40 4star champions. Even 3 4/40 champs the other 2 path clearers. Bleed champions like domino, fury, Gwen pool, Also aa are good options. Get use to avoiding that special 1 if you can’t push him over. A raw damage champ would help. There’s so many ways he isn’t really that hard especially if your taking the arc overload node of him.
    There’s so many stun lock champs as well just in case you can’t do it. So just stun him and keep him there until he’s dead. Power lock with magic if he keeps killing you with he’s specials.
    Hope it helped
    Just seen the 5 star post. Forget all that if you can’t do meastro with them there’s is something broken on your version of the game.
  • Options

Thank you in advance!

Respectfully,

BowTieJohn

Hope it helped
    Just seen the 5 star post. Forget all that if you can’t do meastro with them there’s is something broken on your version of the game.
    I thought he was just really bad at this game, but I'd rather believe this. 😂
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

Thank you in advance!

Respectfully,

BowTieJohn

The best option I think would be is a 4* magik and SP2 spam so you don’t have to worry about power. Stark Spider-Man to easily evade specials and able to do a lot of damage.
  • Options

Thank you in advance!

Respectfully,

BowTieJohn

Hope it helped
    Amazing how you can be rude to someone just because I can't play as well as you. This is my first run through and came here to get advice. You don't have to be rude.Try to remember when you were not as skilled as you are now.
  • Options

Thank you in advance!

Respectfully,

BowTieJohn

Hope it helped
    Amazing how you can be rude to someone just because I can't play as well as you. This is my first run through and came here to get advice. You don't have to be rude.Try to remember when you were not as skilled as you are now.
    He has a serious point though. I used to play on an old tablet and it was horrible. I thought I was timing everything horribly and messed up all the time, but once I started on a newer device, I was immediately clearing way more content. Cause it would honestly be really hard for you to have those champs and not be able to beat the Maestro. I don't care how bad anyone is at the game.
  • Options
    I'll tell you what @BowTieJohn, if you really want the best help, do this if you can:
    Start a screen recording. Show your 5 and 4 stars first, then show your masteries, choose the team you feel most comfortable with and have a try at the Maestro quest. Go till all your champs are down, then post it on YouTube and DM me the link on these forums. (This is the only way for me to see the video.) No judgements, no hassle, it will just give me the most information to be able to help you get through it. I make jokes, but I really do only wanna help.
  • Options
    @Etjama thank you for clarifying that you do want to help. I already did one run got to Maestro and was slaughtered multiple times used units and tried different approaches. I came here hoping to get advice and champ preferences from the community since so many have completed. Personally it saddens me that so many times on here I see other summoners being rude to one another as opposed to helping them.

Thank you again and will try to get what you asked about. I really do appreciate and will value any advice you can give.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Do you have dexterity unlocked in your masteries? If not, you should.

I do have dexterity unlocked.Thank you for advice to help!
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,639 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    @BowTieJohn as far as I know you can still force close the app in Act 4 without 1/2 life penalty as long as you do it before you die. They stopped allowing that for everything after act 4, but I think it still works in act 4. Assuming that is correct, you can practice the Maestro fight until you get it down. His Sp1 isn't that hard to evade with a little practice. Evade, slight pause, evade evade. Any champ will work for the middle path, but for all other paths you need a champ that can out damage his arc overload regen, or shut it down.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Here is my mastery setup:

Feel free to share advice if I need to make changes

MCOC Mastery Setup

Offense (24)
    Strength 1/9
    Greater Strength (1/9)
    Courage (3/3)
    Pierce (3/3)
    Lesser Precision (2/5)
    Precision (5/5)
    Lesser Cruelty (2/5)
    Cruelty (5/5)
    Extended Fury (1/4)
    Enhanced Fury (1/4)

Defense (25)
    Vitality (1/9)
    Greater Vitality (5/9)
    Block Proficiency (4/4)
    Perfect Block (4/4)
    Energy Resistance (1/4)
    Salve (3/3)
    Recovery (3/3)
    Stand Your Ground (1/5)
    Willpower (3/3)

Proficiencies (9)
    Parry (1/3)
    Limber (3/5)
    Stupefy (2/3)
    Dexterity (3/3)
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Here is my mastery setup:

Feel free to share advice if I need to make changes

MCOC Mastery Setup

Offense (24)
    Strength 1/9
    Greater Strength (1/9)
    Courage (3/3)
    Pierce (3/3)
    Lesser Precision (2/5)
    Precision (5/5)
    Lesser Cruelty (2/5)
    Cruelty (5/5)
    Extended Fury (1/4)
    Enhanced Fury (1/4)

Defense (25)
    Vitality (1/9)
    Greater Vitality (5/9)
    Block Proficiency (4/4)
    Perfect Block (4/4)
    Energy Resistance (1/4)
    Salve (3/3)
    Recovery (3/3)
    Stand Your Ground (1/5)
    Willpower (3/3)

Proficiencies (9)
    Parry (1/3)
    Limber (3/5)
    Stupefy (2/3)
    Dexterity (3/3)

Lesser Precision and Lesser Cruelty cancel each other out, so 1 in each instead of 2. Peirce isn't needed and Extended and Enhanced Fury aren't great unless you have Fury-reliant champions. Those points in Greater Vitality aren't needed, neither are any of the points in Perfect Block or Stand your Ground. Only 1 is needed in Dexterity. I find Limber unnecessary as well, but that's personal preference. I'd personally go:

Offense (29)
    Strength 1/9
    Greater Strength 9/9
    Courage 3/3
    Pierce 1/3
    Lesser Precision 1/3
    Precision 5/5
    Lesser Cruelty 1/3
    Cruelty 5/5
    Glass Canon 3/3 (Invest in cores if not unlocked already)

Defense (19)
    Vitality 1/9
    Greater Vitality 1/9
    Block Profiency 4/4
    Energy Resistance 4/4
    Salve 3/3
    Recovery 3/3
    Willpower 3/3

Proficensies (8)
    Parry 3/3
    Limber 1/5
    Stupefy 3/3
    Dexterity 1/3

Other 2 points are available for other masteries you may want. This is what I would do, but it's all up to you in the end.