**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* Featured Arena - what does it take to get the champ?

I saw someone mention in a thread recently that in order to get the 5* featured champ from arenas, the top grinders typically go through their 6* roster, and then just refresh 3 of them over and over and over using units.

So if my math is correct, and if a top tier 5* featured champ goes for 60M, and the average 6* champ brings in, what, 70k points... that's ~850 fights x 20 units to refresh each... that's 17k units.

Do the top arena grinders really spend 17k units to get champs? am I missing something?

Comments

• ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    17k units is the easy method. That method is most relaxing … and very expensive.

Otherwise, at 2 mill rating, to even grind to 65 mill + means grinding for 64-66 hours out of 72 hours.

After the grind...you feel physically sick... zombie-like … its not a good feeling.

P.S. Spending 17k units though is still cheaper than spending it on the crystals.
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    Immortal said:

17k units is the easy method. That method is most relaxing … and very expensive.

Otherwise, at 2 mill rating, to even grind to 65 mill + means grinding for 64-66 hours out of 72 hours.

After the grind...you feel physically sick... zombie-like … its not a good feeling.

P.S. Spending 17k units though is still cheaper than spending it on the crystals.

So grinding every 6*, 5* and 4* basically over ~4-5k?
    what do you mean over 4-5k? 4-5k units?
    4-5k champ score
    6 ★ R1 = 65K
    5 ★ R3+ = 30K
    4 ★ R5 = 11k

Immortal said:

6 ★ R1 = 65K
    5 ★ R3+ = 30K
    4 ★ R5 = 11k

Sorry - I meant the prestige score. ie. you'll get a deathmatch if you use too low a champ.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    People going for a champ hit every round they physically can, like Brian grant can hit around 50 million before spending units, and they refresh arena boosted 5 stars that are cheaper to refresh and give more points per unit used
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    Last year I tried for IMIW 4* when he came in for the first time... Grinded crazy to get to 13 mil and missed him in short margin... That's when I decided... No more going for a champ when they are announced
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I grinded 81.3mil for guilly 2099 and did not use this method. I could put up about 50mil in 3 days without units. I used about 7k units and 5* boosts to get the rest of the points. Even without the 5* boosts, 5* give more points per unit but you do twice the fights compared to 6*. Unless you are fine with spending a lot of units, you need a deep roster: 15+ 6* and 100+ 5* and some 4* to run with the R1 5* to have a comfortable grind to get the 5*. I overshot a bit but I knew I would get her with my score.
    what rank are the 100 5*? that's a hell of a roster
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Why yould you do arena just buy cav crystals you have pretty much 100% chance to get the champ in 9k units as a 5*. I know I always have. Plus it saves you time.

Not even remotely true. There have been many times I've dumped far more units than that and never got them
  • More units than I care to use
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Why yould you do arena just buy cav crystals you have pretty much 100% chance to get the champ in 9k units as a 5*. I know I always have. Plus it saves you time.

As a cav crystal you have a 1% chance to get him per crystal, at 30 crystals you are at no where near 100% chance to get him. I spent 1200 bucks on guilly 2099 before I got her as a 5* or better, even that was not a 100% chance, I got lucky.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

Well then you rng definitely good I’m blow away 6k unit witout gets anything good most 3 star 3 5 star punisher kk and KM
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

Wrong.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    @Caino1023 i had 48 R1 5*, the others are about evenly spread out from R5 to R3. I have 108 total 5*.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    It only takes the small price of your body, soul, and happiness. So quite cheap all things considered...
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    As already been said the feature arena is for vet type players in the main.

Unless u have 100+ 5* and minimum 15-20 6* then it is going to cost huge amounts. I don’t have time but run 15m in arena just using my 6* and r5/r4 5* in little over 2 days.

But doing 65m+ plus means running all 110 5* champs 3 times a day and the boosting and refreshing
    edited November 2019
    ya, you either have to pay for a deep roster in advance, or pay with units to refresh...

Took me 66 hours to grind to 71 mill. Spent about 300 units... deep roster is definitely required ...

54 6*
    144 5* r3 +
    10 r5 4*...

My 6* roster is pretty sad though. Almost all unawakened ...

Awakened ones are like ebony maw and diablo lololol
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    I really want to go for 5* Omega Red this week, he’s one of the few 5*s that has eluded me, and obviously one of the best. I have a 5* Red Magneto I never use, can I not just trade it in for OR?! Lmao
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    How anyone could read this thread and still go for it is completely beyond me.

You guys are nuts.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

How anyone could read this thread and still go for it is completely beyond me.

You guys are nuts.

Let people do what they want. What's it to you.