**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Upcoming 6 star heroes = so many top players quitting

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
I know a lot of top players in top alliances who are quitting the game. Mainly because of:

1) Lack of new content. Same old thing
2) Just new heroes every 2 weeks, but nothing new
3) So many bugs in the game
4) Support is terrible
5) Customer service is terrible. I mean, remember all those outages a week ago? How come no compensation. I know a lot that lost health and had to get revives
6) And the biggest. The introduction of 6 star heroes. Why? Many have worked hundrends if not a thousand hours and have spent 3-4 figures to get their 5* heroes to a certain level. Many I know have 4-6 Rank 4 5*. Now we need to start all over again and the money is expected to roll in? I think not. You will see even more quit.

Opinions?

Comments

• Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    Woohoo! More champs for us :)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Honestly, if people are going to quit because they're adding something new, then chances are they were on the verge either way. It's not the end of the game. It just means things are changing. Perhaps they don't want to put effort into something new. Who knows. Nothing stays the same forever. People will still play. It just means there will be a new top. Lol.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Trying to care about a few quitting, just can't. Will be water under the bridge but hope they find joy in whatever they do cause if they see a game as work...
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    wray1976 wrote: »
    Honestly, if people are going to quit because they're adding something new, then chances are they were on the verge either way. It's not the end of the game. It just means things are changing. Perhaps they don't want to put effort into something new. Who knows. Nothing stays the same forever. People will still play. It just means there will be a new top. Lol.

Stop putting lol. Its not funny or cute.

lol

LOL!
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    99% of them are bluffing
    edited August 2017
    After you spend thousands of hours and $$ bringing up your 6 star champs, what's next? 7 star champs?

Yes. That's how the game grows, and how people grow in it. I honestly think the main argument is people expect to achieve some kind of status and maintain it indefinitely. That's rarely the case in MMOs. It takes effort, and when they introduce something new, it takes effort to maintain that status. Everyone has to work in the game.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    After you spend thousands of hours and $$ bringing up your 6 star champs, what's next? 7 star champs?
    You are catching on! They might add a new classification at some point though, what's better than Stars? Stripes? Chevrons?

lol

P.S. After spending thousands of hour on champions it's probably time to give them something else to work on for another thousand hours.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    If by leaving you mean the account is no longer active then I'll believe what you say and not care, people leave for all sorts of reasons.

If you mean an account is no longer controlled by the primary account holder yet is still active (allegedly this occurs now) then who cares, nothing changed.

• SkimbobborSkimbobbor Posts: 127
    i havent heard anything like this, most of the high level players i know are actually really excited and happy they have something more to work towards
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

Well, given some of the math errors in 12.0 it is possible that after 6* champs they could introduce 8* champs. But I'm pretty sure it will at least be some number higher than six.

And yes, I fully expect 7* champs and 8* champs if the game lasts long enough. WoW did this to end game gear like four times in a row. Most MMOs eventually do this. Hoping a game company won't do this is like hoping Apple and Samsung stop making their phones faster so don't have to keep replacing them.
  • gnews85gnews85 Posts: 96
    I'm sure they expect that. If you think about it from kabams perspective, it's a good way to purge the old accounts and encourage the younger accounts to spend and catch up. Win for them because more players bunch up near the top and competition gets more intense
  • DannyJayyDannyJayy Posts: 32
    edited August 2017
    Wait, so new players are going to spend for 6 star champs? Why would anyone who's even remotely familiar with the game do that now? I know that people will offer a litany of reasons, but based on the ones I've seen to date, they'll all have to do with inevitability and progress must progress and all that twaddle. Nothing compelling yet.
    Purveyor wrote: »

Hey dude. Just curious. But would you happen to be the poster formerly known as "websnatcher?" Just curious.

My name is GroundedWisdom.
    gnews85 wrote: »
    I'm sure they expect that. If you think about it from kabams perspective, it's a good way to purge the old accounts and encourage the younger accounts to spend and catch up. Win for them because more players bunch up near the top and competition gets more intense

Well, ny theory is that it's slightly less calculated than that, as far as targeting Players. I believe it has more to do with raising the cap. By introducing 6*'s, they are able to offer more challenging content, and allow people to Max their 5*'s without making such an extreme in separation. It's just expanding the game.
  • OmarOmar Posts: 36
    edited August 2017
    What are vets to do? Stick around and keep spending? All to watch it lose stock over the next year? The veil behind the game team's scramble for money has become very thin. Instead of new content, we are given rebranded heroes with another star. No thanks. Shame is- the gameplay is very fun; I've fought In countless aq's, wars and arena matches- still enjoy the mechanics. Kabam could add other, great outlets for new gameplay (bases, added masteries, challenges, gear, gauntlet style towers, etc...) but time and time again goes for the low hanging fruit (pushing new champions that are higher in prestige, adding another star, challenger rating...etc..) to drive revenue. Well...the playerbase sees the trend and is issuing negative feedback as they did with 12.0. Kabam---listen to us! WE want to help you design a game that both creates revenue AND great content. Right now...you have put revenue ahead of the player experience.
    Omar wrote: »
    What are vets to do? Stick around and keep spending? All to watch it lose stock over the next year? The veil behind the game team's scramble for money has become very thin. Instead of new content, we are given rebranded heroes with another star. No thanks. Shame is the gameplay is very fun; I've fought In countless aq's, wars and arena matches- still enjoy the mechanics. Kabam could add other outlets of gameplay (based, new masteries, challenges, gear, gauntlet style towers, etc...) but time and time again goes for the low hanging fruit (pushing new champions that are higher in prestige, adding another star, challenger rating...etc..) to drive revenue. Well...the playerbase is seeing it again as they did with 12.0. Kabam/ listen to us! We want to help you design a game that both creates revenue AND great content. Right now...you have put revenue ahead of the player experience.

So....don't change anything to allow people to stay where they're at and not have to put new effort in?
    U miss the point so often..

I get the point. There is no position in an MMO that will remain unchanged once people reach a certain point. Certainly not in one that is constantly evolving. Adding 6*'s is one aspect. We do not know what other changes are coming, or new content is being introduced. The assumption is that it is all for money. That's a bit obtuse to see it as. The game is built on varying Champs and Star Levels. A new Star Level is the next step. It's also not accurate to say it's the same Champs when new ones are added every month. To a Veteran Player, this should not come as a surprise. That IS the game. There is a fine line between working with them to create an enjoyable game, and expecting to verify every decision before it's implemented. We don't know what else they have planned. This is one aspect of it. This is far from 12.0. Which was also exaggerated beyond proportions. Still, they heard people and worked with them. We can't expect to cause an uproar with every change that comes.
  • MastaChief117MastaChief117 Posts: 113
    All the things listed are things most people leaving the game have issues with, not just the top players. Honestly, top players leaving won't change a thing, the runner ups will become the new "top players" and will continue to feed Kabam. Yeah the MCoC community is easily influenced but when it comes to dropping the game completely, most wouldn't do it, especially the top players. I'm very sure that the only way for them to stop playing is when Kabam completely kills MCOC
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    You know, for the player base complaining about Kabam's same old song and dance, the player base does the same old song and dance with threatening to quit. Players come on here and complain and say they're gong to quit and then you see them the next day posting and playing the game.
    edited August 2017
    One of your more diplomatic responses and yet, you still approach this from the perspective of "this is how mmo's operate"..as if this gives further clarification or justification. Mcoc may be an "mmo" but to give the game dev's leeway to create unimaginative, cash grabs (which you still don't see apparently) because mmo's are built on hamster wheel economics, is about as obtuse as you claim my points are. Lol. The players are asking for mcoc to be better than the mmo formula. This isn't about verifying every decision--this is about providing feedback so that the players and devs are both accountable for the future of the game. We want great content and when kabam announces 6 star champs, it proves that they have lost touch with what that means. That's where the playebase must keep them accountable. Lord knows they keep us accountable in more ways than one.

You're right. I don't agree that it's "unimaginative, cash grabs". Introducing new aspects to a game, while being part of it, is not just about the money. It's about taking the game into the future by adding the components necessary to do so. I.E. A new Star Level. The game is comprised of Champs with different Star Levels. They're not logically going to remove that system, and it's the next natural step. People may be asking for it to be better than the MMO Formula, but an MMO it is. The fact is, the majority of the arguments I've seen are from those who currently reign with the most ample 5* Rosters. What they fail to see is how this is good news for them. They will benefit most immediately from the addition. Contrary to popular belief, things aren't always about the money. It's about raising the level of challenge and adding something else to work towards. It's not about developing the best Roster and retiring on that. Never has been, even though some play that way, which is perfectly fine. It's about constantly growing. How do you grow? Ranking and acquiring more Champs. Where do you expect the game to go once 5*'s are Maxed? Do you expect the top to rule the game with those Champs and never be challenged? Do you think they won't hold their position when they come around? The very boredom people profess is being addressed by the addition, and now the argument is it's insufficient. Before we've even seen what's coming to use said 6*'s on. It seems the real issue is people have spent their way to the best Roster and they are not happy about the idea of spending for 6*'s. Which is entirely up to them. However, that's holding oneself accountable. Not the Dev Team. People choose to spend. It's a game. Not a full-time job for Players. Not shares in the company. If people are that bored with it, then it becomes a personal question of whether to continue or not, rather than the destruction of the economy of the game.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Why go to the trouble of introducing 6* when all they needed to do was just add some ranks on to the 5*s? Because that wouldn't be as big of a soulless cash grab, that's why.
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Why go to the trouble of introducing 6* when all they needed to do was just add some ranks on to the 5*s? Because that wouldn't be as big of a soulless cash grab, that's why.
    Because simply adding a few Ranks does very little for long-term progression.