**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fantastic and Doom Invasions! (Updated Nov 4th)

Comments

• Lucasjones_98Lucasjones_98 Posts: 461
    When does the fantastic family event start, will we be able to see the milestones and how many points there are ?
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★

When does the fantastic family event start, will we be able to see the milestones and how many points there are ?

@Lucasjones_98 There is no counter for us to see. Kabam will send in game message of score. People will end up forgetting about the event.
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★

@Lucasjones_98 There is no counter for us to see. Kabam will send in game message of score. People will end up forgetting about the event.

You know what.... @MrTicTac19992008 , youre right. I wasn't even thinking about it until I accidentally refreshed this thread on a browser page and its not even a day old. Hopefully they will have a daily update via message as I can imagine a live counter is pretty much impossible with that much activity in game, but still.... meh.
  • Metallic4Metallic4 Posts: 24
    It's really great that we are getting more from this SideQuest, not to be always complaining but I still miss a1. I think is getting really hard to get a1 in the game. I always have everything besides a1 and a2
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

To add on my above comment,

I believe doing the following will alleviate the “tedious-ness” of this event.

- Instead of 3 Paths, remove 1 and have 2 paths.
    - Remove 1-2 fights per path.
    - Keep one path as it is now (for example, the rightmost path).
    - On the other path, have an incoming node from the boss that boosts attack / health and additional nodes (in essence it’s combining the removed path with the remaining one).
    - Increase the energy consumption to 2 per tile (keeping the total energy use constant, if that’s a concern)

This way, players with less stacked rosters can go for completion and get some rewards, while end game players can enjoy the challenge of relatively harder content, but without the tediousness of it (which takes away the fun).

I think the problematic aspect of this is that if you're strong enough, this reduces the time involved without risking rewards but if you're on the edge of being able to complete the paths then replacing two moderate difficulty paths with one harder one could put the rewards out of reach.

What I'd like to see for at least some events is options for difficulty. I'd like to see something where path one buffs path two and three, and path two buffs path three. Completing any path rewards all the rewards in the previous paths. So path one has rewards, path two has rewards, and path three has rewards. The easy(ier) mode is to complete path one, then path two, then path three. This grants all rewards. The hard mode is to just complete path three, which is being double-buffed by paths one and two. This grants the equivalent of full rewards.

Here's a quick sketch of what I'm talking about:

All the rewards are in chests on the map, no "completion" or "exploration" rewards. Easy but long mode: clear path one, removing those buffs; clear path two, then do path three. Every path has similar difficulty, but you have to do three of them. Hard mode: do just path three, with all fights containing incoming buffs from paths one and two. This is substantially harder, but doing so allows you to reach chest 3, then 2, then 1, so you get all the rewards (you have to finish the map to collect the chests). You could also do path 1, then path 3, for an intermediate difficulty run (two paths, path 3 not quite as hard).

What you need to make this work is persistence tech, so that the nodes you remove in path one stay removed when you do the next run, along with their associated buffs. This tech might already exist in some form, but would need to be adapted to this style of map.

There are some energy imbalances associated with this kind of map, but those can probably be mitigated by putting energy potions on the lower paths to partially defer the energy burn of running multiple paths compared to running only the top path.
    I love this idea. The only thing I don't like about this month is how long it takes. Having the option of boosted difficulty in less time without screwing the players who are only able to handle the current version would be a big improvement.
  • Guys were we find that 750000 gold i didn't see it anywhere
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    The issue with placing rewards in the chests is that it makes the rewards farmable since every run through can grant us the chest.

A workaround would be to limit the entries but given how the maps are random, people could be royally screwed over.

Also, having 3 entries would mean that players would be able to take the highest rewards 3x.
  • geoff78geoff78 Posts: 219 ★★
    I hope the invasions get extended for the people that are unable to play during these buggy, maintenance ridden times.
  • xNig said:

The issue with placing rewards in the chests is that it makes the rewards farmable since every run through can grant us the chest.

A workaround would be to limit the entries but given how the maps are random, people could be royally screwed over.

Also, having 3 entries would mean that players would be able to take the highest rewards 3x.

Implicit in this idea is that the chests could only be claimed once. I'm pretty sure that tech exists in the game, but if it doesn't it would be part of the persistence tech needed to ensure defeated nodes stay defeated in successive runs.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I am soo happy the rewards got buffed cuz I feel like I will be tired of these quests sometime later this week, at leats now the rewards are forcing me to grind it out
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I'm glad like a lot of the community that Kabam heard us and responded appropriately. If this continues it will benefit both us the Community and them as Game Developers.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

Implicit in this idea is that the chests could only be claimed once. I'm pretty sure that tech exists in the game, but if it doesn't it would be part of the persistence tech needed to ensure defeated nodes stay defeated in successive runs.
    Yeah it could work the same way as the t2a on paths in Act 6. You cant farm that
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I like this side quest. Highly challenging but doable, good rewards. Anihillus boss sucks, though.
  • haloless0haloless0 Posts: 59
    Love the Fantastic quests, though I do have a question... Are the xp rewards really low for everyone else, or is it just me? I have only been getting about 200 xp a battle on Heroic, and my team isnt so high powered that that makes sense...
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    Another n
    haloless0 said:

Love the Fantastic quests, though I do have a question... Are the xp rewards really low for everyone else, or is it just me? I have only been getting about 200 xp a battle on Heroic, and my team isnt so high powered that that makes sense...

Experience points are always low for event quest. This is by design. You gain the most experience by playing the ACT quest. The daily quest for cats are not too bad either for experience but the ACT quest are the best for it. Slap on an experienced boost and use your energy refills in ACT 4 or 5 to really benefit. Hope this helps!
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    I have never seen such a money grab event then this one...especially on reed side of events...Doom being a pain in the ass you continue to add nodes that make it impossible to fight him without spending revives.....you guys make me sick
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★

I have never seen such a money grab event then this one...especially on reed side of events...Doom being a pain in the ass you continue to add nodes that make it impossible to fight him without spending revives.....you guys make me sick

then Don't do it
  • plpkokplpkok Posts: 152
    Fraud said:

The EPIC content is TOO TOUGH. LOOKS LIKE it's not meant for us lower level players. I don't understand KABAM, many in my alliance keep leaving! Thanks Kabam!

Fraud said:

Hundreds are leaving daily

I assume this is sarcasm, followed by a joke.
  • haloless0haloless0 Posts: 59
    Fraud said:

The EPIC content is TOO TOUGH. LOOKS LIKE it's not meant for us lower level players. I don't understand KABAM, many in my alliance keep leaving! Thanks Kabam!

The thing is, they want us to grind to get our champs ranked up and our skill improved before trying that next tier content...
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    These really need to be 2 paths max. Just such a slog.
  • JohniaparaJohniapara Posts: 13

• Yes my challenges disappeared what's that about ?
    haloless0 said:

Fraud said:

The thing is, they want us to grind to get our champs ranked up and our skill improved before trying that next tier content...
    Not quite. All the skill will not help you against some of these nodes. They are making the game to force you to use resource ( in turn spend money). Only the ones with several Maxed 5* will be able to complete almost all content without revives. The rank ups are key but you better make sure it is the right champ for the content you want to complete. This is not the same game it use to be. Thanks to everyone that played dungeons (never been a fan for this reason), Kabam knows what nodes we struggle the most with and they intentionally use those ones against us.
    I do like the rewards on this months special event quest. Kabam did well with this!!!
    I think they could have made it with only 2 paths though. The second run gets you absolutely nothing!
  • Wayde0wilsonWayde0wilson Posts: 53

haloless0 said:

Fraud said:

Not quite. All the skill will not help you against some of these nodes. They are making the game to force you to use resource ( in turn spend money). Only the ones with several Maxed 5* will be able to complete almost all content without revives. The rank ups are key but you better make sure it is the right champ for the content you want to complete. This is not the same game it use to be. Thanks to everyone that played dungeons (never been a fan for this reason), Kabam knows what nodes we struggle the most with and they intentionally use those ones against us.
    But that's the fun point right? I have a few 5* R4 but none helped me in event quest against doom except my 4* quake, diversity is very important and it should be , else everyone will simply upgrade the champs with max damage, I prefer utility over damage
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    It's been OK (rewards have been great, fights have been a bit tedious especially at Epic level)...Doom is a real PITA with the EMP and Annihilus is just as bad but doable IF you have the right roster...but it would be nicer if future events of this nature only have 2 paths or even that noded path idea put forward earlier in the thread if you're going with 3.