**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who are the 5*s, in your opinion, worth a generic awakening gem?

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
Top of mind I have:
Aegon
Namor
Omega Red

Comments

• Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Omega red or namor haha
  • Options
    DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
    I personally think someone like Nick Fury might be worthy as well.
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Aegon
    Nick fury
    Dr voodoo
    Void
    Beardo
    Omega red
    Namor
    Blade
    AA
    Emma Frost (She's a personal favourite to me)
  • Options
    1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Ive used one on DH --- dont regret it
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★

My opinion for each class:
    🙌= only if you can take up to a high sig level
    😻= only if the synergies are available
    🤑= only if you have no one else to use it on

Skill:
    Ægon🙌
    Blade
    Nick Fury
    Night Thrasher 🙌😻

Science:
    Void🙌
    Cap IW🙌

Cosmic:
    Hyperion
    Medusa
    Captain Marvel Movie 🤑😻

Tech:
    Sparky
    Ghost 🤑
    Star Lord
    Darkhawk 🙌
    Sentinel 🤑
    Doctor Octopus 🤑

Mystic:
    Doctor Voodoo

Mutant:
    Namor 🙌
    Omega Red 🙌
    Sunspot 🤑

You rock. Thanks.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Skill:
    Ægon🙌
    Blade
    Nick Fury
    Night Thrasher 🙌😻

Science:
    Void🙌
    Cap IW🙌

Cosmic:
    Hyperion
    Medusa
    Captain Marvel Movie 🤑😻

Tech:
    Sparky
    Ghost 🤑
    Star Lord
    Darkhawk 🙌
    Sentinel 🤑
    Doctor Octopus 🤑

Mystic:
    Doctor Voodoo

Mutant:
    Namor 🙌
    Omega Red 🙌
    Sunspot 🤑

Personally I disagree with sunspot, he doesn’t need it and gets most fights down without the extra stack or 2 of flare state you can get with the sig, worth a mutant but not generic unless prestige is a big factor, also doc ock isn’t worth it unless you’re a crazy good player
  • Options
    IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    I`m surprised nobody mentioned Archangel :smile:
    I would deffo use a gem on him.
  • Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Daredevil, Iron Fist and Magneto

The best ones.
  • Options
    I’ve used my generic one on Ghost. Took her up to sig 200 within a month. Didn’t regret it at all. She’s awesome without her ability, but it’s also a great utility to have. Especially if you want to clear fight faster.

But you should use it on someone who needs their sig ability to be beyond god tier. Some candidates would be Namor, Nick, Aegon, OR, and Void
  • Options
    Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    I just got act5 complete and chose Namor. I have him at 4/55 but still trying to get used to him. I have Void and AA as well but I guess Namor is better for content I've yet to finish.
  • Options
    AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★

I’ve used my generic one on Ghost. Took her up to sig 200 within a month. Didn’t regret it at all. She’s awesome without her ability, but it’s also a great utility to have. Especially if you want to clear fight faster.

But you should use it on someone who needs their sig ability to be beyond god tier. Some candidates would be Namor, Nick, Aegon, OR, and Void

i did the same last year.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    Worth a generic in most circumstances:

Omega Red
    Namor
    Archangel
    Doctor Voodoo
    Ægon
    Nick Fury
    Blade
    Ghost
    Star-Lord
    Void
    Captain America (Infinity War)
    Medusa
    Hyperion

But top 5 in no specific order:

Nick Fury
    Ægon
    Omega Red
    Void
    Namor
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I have only ever used 2 generic 5* AGs. One was on Voodoo back in 2017 and one was on Omega Red this year.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

I never used to agree but I'd say Corvus as a lower end option. His sig saves you soooooo much in terms of potions it's not even funny. I've cleared full AQ sections on 1 HP on more than one occasion. I wouldn't call him a lock or anything but a solid option for sure.

The difference is that he really doesn't need it.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I only ever got one generic awakening gem and I used it on Aegon with no hesitation. I do not regret it. I think CapIW is worth it along with Namor (thankfully I had a mutant gem for him, no regrets, I can't wait to take him r5 and sig200), Omega Red, and Void. In this state of the game, I really don't think Blade is worth the generic anymore. I was able to become Cavalier with an 4/55 unawakened Blade and I don't think he really needs it.
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I wonder if DH deserves a generic gem if I already have a duped sentinel at rank 5
  • Options
    WillieBWillieB Posts: 150 ★★
    Etjama said:

zeezee57 said:

I never used to agree but I'd say Corvus as a lower end option. His sig saves you soooooo much in terms of potions it's not even funny. I've cleared full AQ sections on 1 HP on more than one occasion. I wouldn't call him a lock or anything but a solid option for sure.

The difference is that he really doesn't need it.
    Corvus is a great champ unduped, but his sig is unbelievably valuable just like the post above said, you can have 1HP and still get hit a few times without being KO'd and clear fight after fight. Those level 1 team AQ?AW revives become the only item you need. If you like using Corvus he is 100% worthy of a gem. Plus he only needs to be awakened to get the full benefit.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Skill:
    Ægon🙌
    Blade
    Nick Fury
    Night Thrasher 🙌😻

Science:
    Void🙌
    Cap IW🙌

Cosmic:
    Hyperion
    Medusa
    Captain Marvel Movie 🤑😻

Tech:
    Sparky
    Ghost 🤑
    Star Lord
    Darkhawk 🙌
    Sentinel 🤑
    Doctor Octopus 🤑

Mystic:
    Doctor Voodoo

Mutant:
    Namor 🙌
    Omega Red 🙌
    Sunspot 🤑

Personally I disagree with sunspot, he doesn’t need it and gets most fights down without the extra stack or 2 of flare state you can get with the sig, worth a mutant but not generic unless prestige is a big factor, also doc ock isn’t worth it unless you’re a crazy good player
    Sunspot needs his sig for his synergies. So 😻

Doc Ock is a nice to have, but I agree not essential. Still, to use him well you need his sig for the power and life steal.

I think GR can use his sig as well, he can really use the extra damage and judgement from the fury. But only at high sig levels. So 🙌

Anyone Thor? He's an absolute beast at high sig levels and he's still relatively hard to get. So 🙌
  • Options
    This is always a hard question because in general I only awaken champs that I'm going to put immediately to use on something I otherwise would find difficult to do. If it isn't going to make my life easier, I don't just awaken because they are "good." So lots of champs are worth the gem, but only in specific circumstances.

I personally would immediately awaken Namor or Omega Red if I pulled either. I'm not sure if there are any others I would immediately awaken if I got them, and if a champ I currently had was worth awakening immediately I would have done it already.

But things can change, when the content I'm facing changes enough.