**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Creator Spotlight: Cat Murdock!

Greetings Summoners!

This months Content Creator is new to the CCP but a long time player of the game and a valuable member of the community! An extraordinarily talented artist, be it champion mash up drawings or the week by week match up drawings for the Summoner Showdown, she always hits it out of The Battlerealm with her amazing art!

Summoners, please give a warm welcome to the one and only, Cat Murdock!

Who are you?
"Hi! I’m Cat Murdock. I think I’m most known for the MCOC-related drawings/comics that I make. I also very (very) slowly work on a Line bot I call MCOC Encyclopedia, which is meant to be a quick one stop shop for definitions/nodes/lists etc. If anyone wants to add it, just search “@jml1074w” (but just know it’s a work in progress. 430 searchable keywords in and that’s barely scratched the surface :open_mouth: !). You can also catch me assisting in moderating the Contest of Champions subreddit."

How long have you been drawing for?
"It’s one of those things that I’ve just always done, but that was using traditional mediums (pencil, oil paint, etc) with more realism. I went to an artsy middle school and also pursued it in college. Drawing digitally is still pretty new to me. I’d dabble here and there in photoshop, but about a year ago I got an iPad and that’s when I started doing the current style of drawings."

How long have you been playing MCOC and what's kept you around?
"I’ve been playing for about 4 years now. While I enjoy the game and the progression, it’s definitely my alliance that has kept me around for so long. I’ve been in [VACC]VeryAngryCowCoalition for three and a half years, so pretty much the entire time I’ve been playing. The connections and camaraderie have supported me both in and out of game, and I’m very fond/proud of everyone. I also think sticking through the muck with one team is part of the fun, instead of just moving around for different rewards. Sure there will be aspects of alliance content I’ll never experience, but it’s worth it. I’m a very nostalgic person, so looking back to see how far everyone has come is great."

Your champion mash up drawings are amazing! How do you choose who to mash up?
"I’ve done a few different varieties of these. Some are champions mixed with a cat (I feel like my name gives this away), chosen just with what I think will look fun (or has a good cat name, like Hela Kitty, or Meowphisto). But the couple that were meshed with different animals, or Halloween costumes, were chosen with a random number generator. I would use one generator to decide the champion, and a second decide the additional factor. It’s a fun challenge and can result in some whacky stuff (not to mention it’s a good theme for the game :)!). At some point I think it would be fun to randomize champ+champ as well, like Modok’s Hotel."

Do you have a favorite piece of Contest of Champions art you've created?
"I’m probably going to have to go with the Inhuman Royal Flock piece (mash up of HTD and the Inhumans). Medusa is my go-to gal so maybe I’m a little biased, but it also just makes me really happy. Like laughing too hard at your own joke. The final collection of all nine Summoner Showdown posters is probably second. That was a grind to get done in time week to week, but I think it turned out okay and I learned a lot from it."

Who has the coolest powers in the Marvel Universe?
"I’m honestly very intrigued by Black Bolt. He’s capable of extremely destructive forces with his sonic scream, but even the slightest slip up in making a sound can obliterate anyone around him. It’s quite the trade off. The mental training to reach that point of silence is crazy. If that were me, I would have accidentally coughed and blown up the planet."

Which MCOC character has the coolest art design in your opinion?
"This is tough. The art direction for the champions is consistently the best part of this game. Initially, I wanted to say either Sunspot or Torch because of how beautiful the fire looks (the small explosion when Sunspot blocks especially), but I think I’m going to have to go with Warlock. There are just so many small details that show a lot of thought and care in his design, like the way he is constantly manipulating his head. It’s a big shield, and then it’s a hammer, and then poof you stunned him and it fell off! He’s so zany and wacky."

If you could add a champion to MCOC, who would it be?
"This isn’t an uncommon answer, but I’d really like to see Jubilee in the game. She’s tough, colorful and could pack a wallop. I’d enjoy running around blowing things up as Jubilee."

Whats something you want the community to know about your content?
"I really enjoy making things that are humorous. While everyone is very passionate about the game, sometimes the community can get caught up in a lot of negativity. If I can bring people together for a minute to enjoy the universe we sweat over everyday in a different light, I feel like the hours I put into drawing mean a little something more. Forget that bad 6* pull for a minute, come chuckle at the Champion in a silly outfit with me."

Fun fact about you?
"I'm not actually a cat person, I'm a crazy bird lady."

Would you rather fight one horse sized duck or 100 duck sized horses?
"I sat here for a while thinking up the pros and cons of the two situations… I’d most likely get my butt kicked in either scenario, but I think going against 100 duck sized horses would give me a better chance. 100 is a LOT, but the height advantage would help a lot. You could pick up a couple and throw them at the others. Plus in my experience with birds, they can really mess you up bad if provoked. Make one the size of a horse and I’m road kill."

Where can people find you and your content?
"You can find me in a bunch of different places! Links ahoy:

If you want to catch everything I post, you can follow me on Twitter @CatMurdock_Art
I’ve begun posting speed paintings of some drawings on YouTube
if you want a little MCOC Color in your home, check this out!

I was honored to have a couple people wear my stuffs on shirts to NYCC this year, picked up from (this isn’t updated automatically, just if someone reaches out for something specific) my shop here!

My Line is Catmurdock and my Discord is Cat Murdock#9999!"

Thank you so much to Cat for taking the time to answer my questions! Don't forget to go check out all of Cats pages, follow her on Twitter and subscribe to her YouTube channel because those speed drawing videos are so cool!

Until next time Summoners!

Comments

• RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    I haven’t heard of you until just now but I have a soft spot for people who can draw and do artwork (mostly because I can’t draw anything more than a stick figure so I live vicariously through them). Seeing your HtD/Inhumans mashup is pretty awesome. You seen very talented and I’d enjoy seeing more artwork like this.
  • That's my alliance leader! I'm so proud 😭
  • So happy to see Cat spotlighted! I absolutely love her work and recommend following her! Every time I see her in my timeline, my day gets a Lil' better. :)
  • SeenkSeenk Posts: 198 ★★
    you have great art o:)
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    Cat's the best. Great to showcase one of the good people in this community!
  • GrieferMadnessGrieferMadness Posts: 109
    edited November 2019
    Cool interview, and the artwork is always great. But I have to say, the VACC alliance narrowly missed out on a golden opportunity. If they had taken the name VeryAngryCowAlliance instead, the acronym would have been VACA, which is Spanish for "cow."
  • RichardSlugbergRichardSlugberg Posts: 81 ★★
    Cat's amazing! Such good artwork and she's dedicated to the community.

Her humor is wonderful too, keep up the good work Cat! You're the best!
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Still looking forward to that 'potions are weird' artwork I requested a while ago...
    Either way, keep up the amazing work!