**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Maintenance Compensation Level Depends On Your In-Game Story Quest Progression - Fair or Not?

Comments

• Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    KyBr77 said:

Not fair at all in my opinion. This should 100% feel like a slap in the face. I was basically just told that my time in game is not worth as much as others. I lost the same amount of time in arena, I lost the same amount of time in quests. The compensation should have been even across the board.

An example, there were players overseas that most likely slept through the entire downtime. But if they had already became Cavalier they would get more compensation? It just doesn’t make any sense.

Don’t get my words twisted here, I’m glad that we got this compensation, my expectations were extremely low. But I would love to hear from the Kabam team as to why the compensation had to be tiered the way that it was.

Sorry, but no your time lost is not equal to time lost to a cavalier. If they were working on 100% of 6.1-6.3 their time lost was worth more than that of an uncollected.
  • Options
    FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    It’s a step in the right direction. Now it’s a wait and see approach as to how they follow up in regards to the AW rewards.
  • Options
    Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    Y’all get salty over everything lol, it’s more than fair and im happy.
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    This is 100% how compensation should be given. Look, I'm right there with the rest of the folks calling Kabam on their BS when it's deserved, but this is one of the very few times where Kabam did something correct.
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 970 ★★★
    It's fair. If everyone got the same rewards there would be no incentive for progression.
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Sheesh.. not sure what this says about my progression in game.. but...

Says you’re really bad at photoshopping

• Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    KyBr77 said:

Not fair at all in my opinion. This should 100% feel like a slap in the face. I was basically just told that my time in game is not worth as much as others. I lost the same amount of time in arena, I lost the same amount of time in quests. The compensation should have been even across the board.

An example, there were players overseas that most likely slept through the entire downtime. But if they had already became Cavalier they would get more compensation? It just doesn’t make any sense.

Don’t get my words twisted here, I’m glad that we got this compensation, my expectations were extremely low. But I would love to hear from the Kabam team as to why the compensation had to be tiered the way that it was.

You are right, we should give players who have only completed Act 1 a fully formed 5 star crystal/s
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Its fair
  • Options
    RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 369 ★★★
    Yes, totally fair
    Thanks Kabam, you guys got this one right
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I honestly don't feel that this is "fair" per say, there are just so many different circumstances for so many different people. Some people probably got way more than they needed and a couple might still have been disappointed. That being said, I do think this is the best solution. It would be unreasonable for us to expect for everyone to get exactly what they deserve. I'm happy with the compensation that I got, I'm sure most of the community feels the same way, and I think this was handled in the best way possible.
  • Options
    Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    I think it is fair, that's one of the reasons I pushed for cavalier for better rewards. These compensation packages and monthly calendars are way more than I got when I started playing. If uncollected and cavalier got the same rewards, why even push for cavalier?
  • Options
    Ocs06Ocs06 Posts: 79
    My friend got cavalier after the maintaince and he got more rewards you think about that kabam? Now how is it fair if it is about servers down time?
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I think it’s fair, it’s be a bit unbalanced to give someone playing for a week what cavs got
  • Options
    Ocs06Ocs06 Posts: 79
    TRONG94 said:

Kabam compensate players what they need now or they may have missed during the issue based on where players' progress is. In fact I think Kabam has been generous this time. Imo, it is more like a gift for players' sympathy and patience. So it's fair.
    And stop comparing, lol. 7.5k 5* shards plus some revives and some uncollected are not happy because cavaliers get a bit more.

It is not about 5* shards it’s because of 6* shards which are hard to find.
  • Options
    Judge_PainJudge_Pain Posts: 93
    Fuzzycat said:

Maintenance compensations are out and it seems the compensation level varies, depending on whether the player is Cavalier, Uncollected, Conqueror, etc i.e. story quest progression although all the players were affected by the same hours of downtime. Is this a fair way to give out the compensation or not?

Why the need to create a thread when it is the top topic currently being discussed already in a merged one?
  • Options
    The compensation for uncollected is not fair, Everyone was affected by the game issue so everyone should get same rewards, I am not a Cavilar so didnt receive those 6* shards, Kabam needs to compensate Equally to Everyone. It was never said that any compensations would be based on Either Uncollected or Cavilar, had this been said earlier I could have tried to become Cavilar @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    Judge_PainJudge_Pain Posts: 93

The compensation for uncollected is not fair, Everyone was affected by the game issue so everyone should get same rewards, I am not a Cavilar so didnt receive those 6* shards, Kabam needs to compensate Equally to Everyone. It was never said that any compensations would be based on Either Uncollected or Cavilar, had this been said earlier I could have tried to become Cavilar @Kabam Miike

Everything in the game uses progression system. There are tiered rewards, calendars, gmc crystals, cav crystals. The idea that Cav players would get something more isnt new.
  • Options
    Sweetleaf88666Sweetleaf88666 Posts: 111
    edited November 2019
    Definitely not fair, what about the PHC, 3* 4* and 6* shards I lost out on on arena? And the thousands in gold and battlechips, and Sig stones? And T4 catalysts? And the milestone rewards and ranked rewards?
  • Options
    SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
    In my world it’s not totally fair. I’m good with my compensation. 7,5 k 5* shards and some other goodies is totally fine.
    And I realize that giving someone on level 5 of the game the same thing would screw things up as well.

But the question I can’t seem to figure out is.
    Why does Kabam say that my time, my frustration, my effort, the way it affected me is less worth then my alliance mates, just because I’ve focused more on arena the last few months and they focused more on story. So I quess it’s a way for Kabam to punish me for making the wrong choice?
This discussion has been closed.