**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Drop rates

Dlharvey08Dlharvey08 Posts: 5
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
Can anyone tell me why the drop rates for a newer champ from 2018-2019 are SO FRIGGIN HORRIBLE? I have opened 11 old and basically worthless (except for arenas) 5* chumps in a row. I watch the openings for my alliance and it’s the same!!!! Not even decent defenders let alone dupes of good champs. What’s the deal Kabam?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,972 ★★★★★
    Drop rates are the same for all champs. RNG is all it is.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    If it’s really RNG then the more champs they add into the pool, the harder it is to get the champ you want if it isn’t featured
  • Dlharvey08Dlharvey08 Posts: 5
    I just opened 2 basic 5* and got old school black panther, and agent venom. Cmon.....
    Out of the last 10 pulls, not one newer champ within the last 2 years. No way that’s not skewed RNG. My luck ain’t THAT bad!
  • Your telling me we all pulled Thing and gate-champs back in October, was RnG? Your telling me we all pull Sinister Six champs in August?

Your 100% correct Harv, they adjust the algorithm based on the number of resources they provide, then certain months they skew the results to specific champs such as the gated-champs back in October.
    No, Umberto. as the base pool increases, the odds should change as well. If there are 20 new champs the odds are “supposedly” AS likely to pull a new one as much as an older champ.
    What I’m saying is I’ve watched about 50 pulls and there is an apparent 80% drop rate for champs between 2016-2017. FAR fewer high tier champs are popping up. Perhaps we don’t spend enough? WAY too many Beast, Iron Patriot, Antman, spidergwen, etc etc etc.
    I suggest u look at the forums, if there’s as many comments on this subject as there are, might be something to it? Not rocket science.
  • I mean it is all rng. My last 10 pulls have been a mix of champs form 2015 to now. I get the arguement that you're having. But I think umberto is right in how the odds of getting a 2015 champ is due to there being a 2015 champ. I'll agree with mammoth though however, in that there are times when it seems like pulls are geared more to an event somehow but It could just be luck too. I just take what I get and hope they are useable

Your telling me we all pulled Thing and gate-champs back in October, was RnG? Your telling me we all pull Sinister Six champs in August?

Your 100% correct Harv, they adjust the algorithm based on the number of resources they provide, then certain months they skew the results to specific champs such as the gated-champs back in October.

This is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. There is absolutely zero proof that has ever happened aside from a few cases of confirmation basis. Your tinfoil is on too tight. Might want to loosen it up a bit @MammothKiller

No, Umberto. as the base pool increases, the odds should change as well. If there are 20 new champs the odds are “supposedly” AS likely to pull a new one as much as an older champ.
    What I’m saying is I’ve watched about 50 pulls and there is an apparent 80% drop rate for champs between 2016-2017. FAR fewer high tier champs are popping up. Perhaps we don’t spend enough? WAY too many Beast, Iron Patriot, Antman, spidergwen, etc etc etc.
    I suggest u look at the forums, if there’s as many comments on this subject as there are, might be something to it? Not rocket science.

Your sample of 50 pulls is extremely, extremely small. Not even enough to make any conclusions except wildly off base skewed ones.
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    Look up justia patents online for kabam... you'll get your answer there...
  • plpkokplpkok Posts: 152
    Customers/consumers complain more than they give praise. There are far fewer "new" champs than old. There are plenty of "old" champs I'd prefer over some "new" champs. Open featured champ crystals instead of basic to increase your odds. Whether you are free to play or pay to play this game is just like gambling. Plenty of articles out there to read up on to help anyone learn or understand odds and statistics.
    TaZ_4178 said:

Look up justia patents online for kabam... you'll get your answer there...

Zero proof that is implemented in game and you know it.