**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW reward Solution

LucianoDelHoyaLucianoDelHoya Posts: 1,458 ★★★
Yes it could be time consuming for kabam but it is what it is.

If you participate in most or all AWs and you..

Get Kicked - send a ticket so kabam can give you season rewards

You leave - you get no rewards.

That would help to the peoples who loose out, all that effort for nothing does hurt real bad in top tier AWs

Comments

• Options
    Honestly, I think this would be a good idea if implemented. Theoretically, they should have the data cached per player. All they'd have to do is check if said player participated in AW (typically 5+, but that was scrapped for this particular season), and that they were still in the Alliance when the Season ended. If they can prove that's the case, it would stand to reason they should send the rewards earned out. However, that's all based upon them having this data cached per player. If they don't, then there's no way to prove it. Screenshots can be doctored, and they certainly cannot go upon someone's word.

The big problem is, how many had this happen, and how long would it take to allocate and distribute on the individual level? They'd 1st have to send an in game message alerting everyone that this was a thing. Then give a certain amount of time to allocate the support tickets (after this period, you're essentially outta luck). Then, perhaps if they did it by tier it would be less of a hassle. Let's say out of 200 players that had this happen, they find 5 are in Master, 8 are in Platinum 1, 12 in P2, 20 in P3, 35 in P4, 50 in Gold 1, and 70 in Gold 2 (this is just as an example as I have no idea the actual numbers). Once they have all the data allocated, they can send out each tier per X timeframe. Be it per hour, few hours, or per day. It certainly would take some time, but I'm pretty sure anyone in this situation would be happy to wait to get what they earned vs nothing.

This all stems back to them 1st being alerted that the player had this happen, and being told this in a reasonable amount of time. That data collection process would ultimately increase the amount of time needed to do this, and then take into account the time it would take to individually prove each players is telling the truth. This certainly wouldn't be a quick thing at all. Which is why it would REALLY help if leadership were more patient and empathetic to whomever they need to swap out. I get sometimes it's unavoidable and you need to 86 someone. Just the same, if they for the most part did right by you, do right by them and wait to break out the boot.
  • Options
    T_BaginX24T_BaginX24 Posts: 31

That would help to the peoples who loose out, all that effort for nothing does hurt real bad in top tier AWs

Sounds like a plan
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    The problem is they likely only keep track of the wars you did, and reset the counter when you leave an alliance, it is the easiest way to do it how they have it now implemented. To make it as suggested they would have to make a much more complicated system, which means answering much more complicated questions about those interactions
  • Options
    Thanks Kabam for ruining the game for so many.
  • Options
    WOW @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

The grey boosts will expire before the next season. Come on. Are you crazy? 9 grey boosts are going to trash. NINE.
  • Options
    Chris6485Chris6485 Posts: 35

WOW @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

The grey boosts will expire before the next season. Come on. Are you crazy? 9 grey boosts are going to trash. NINE.

Why would you claim it then? You could keep it in your mail for 29 days, which is well into next war season.
  • Options
    Charlie11Charlie11 Posts: 4
    DNA3000 said:

A lot of people seem to have solutions to this situation, but no one has yet argued why it is a problem that requires a solution in the first place. The only argument I've heard is "if you contribute, you should get your share."

But what is "your share?" Who decides that? Why does everyone get the same rewards, when everyone contributes a different amount? And the answer is: the rewards are NOT for your "contribution." The rewards are for your MEMBERSHIP in an alliance that earned them. Everyone who is a member (and qualifies for rewards, which prevents exploits) gets the same rewards, because the game doesn't judge your contribution.

And that is not for Kabam to adjudicate. Kabam doesn't know or should even be deciding if you should be or should not be a member. Only the players in that alliance, and their officers by proxy, can and should make that decision. And with that decision comes whether you get the rewards that are given for membership, not contribution.

This is not a popular position to be true, but if you feel your effort should be commensurately rewarded by the game itself, you play the solo content where only your effort matters. But when you play alliance content, it isn't about you. It is about the alliance, and what they want. Your individual contribution only matters if the rest of the alliance agrees. And alliances are run by officers, so it ultimately is their decision to make.

I think it is unlikely Kabam would change this policy, because it goes down a path of having their help desk judge whether alliance officers are acting appropriately when they remove an alliance member and as a result deny them alliance rewards. I don't think Kabam wants to put their help desk in that position, I certainly don't want the help desk put in that position, and I think when it comes down to it most players would rather not have the help desk overriding the decisions of their alliance officers. In that direction lies chaos. I don't trust the help desk to tell me what time it is.
    True. What if you're in multiple alliances in a season? Which rewards would you get? People would do more alliance hopping.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

A lot of people seem to have solutions to this situation, but no one has yet argued why it is a problem that requires a solution in the first place. The only argument I've heard is "if you contribute, you should get your share."

But what is "your share?" Who decides that? Why does everyone get the same rewards, when everyone contributes a different amount? And the answer is: the rewards are NOT for your "contribution." The rewards are for your MEMBERSHIP in an alliance that earned them. Everyone who is a member (and qualifies for rewards, which prevents exploits) gets the same rewards, because the game doesn't judge your contribution.

And that is not for Kabam to adjudicate. Kabam doesn't know or should even be deciding if you should be or should not be a member. Only the players in that alliance, and their officers by proxy, can and should make that decision. And with that decision comes whether you get the rewards that are given for membership, not contribution.

This is not a popular position to be true, but if you feel your effort should be commensurately rewarded by the game itself, you play the solo content where only your effort matters. But when you play alliance content, it isn't about you. It is about the alliance, and what they want. Your individual contribution only matters if the rest of the alliance agrees. And alliances are run by officers, so it ultimately is their decision to make.

I think it is unlikely Kabam would change this policy, because it goes down a path of having their help desk judge whether alliance officers are acting appropriately when they remove an alliance member and as a result deny them alliance rewards. I don't think Kabam wants to put their help desk in that position, I certainly don't want the help desk put in that position, and I think when it comes down to it most players would rather not have the help desk overriding the decisions of their alliance officers. In that direction lies chaos. I don't trust the help desk to tell me what time it is.
    So Kabam only gets involved when it's losing money? Then they get involved with how alliances are run and then limis them.
  • Options
    We appreciate all forms of feedback and constructive insight, however, I just had to go through and massively clean up this thread from the arguments that were occurring. Stay on topic please.
  • Options
    IcejrIcejr Posts: 431 ★★★
    edited November 2019

I Am totally Agree with @LucianoDelHoya

• Option 1 •
    •If Someone kicked by officers or leader,They must eligible for War Rank rewards

•If Someone leave Alliance by him/herself.
    They will bot get War rank rewards.

Its A simple and best Solution.

• Option 2 •
    And also Kabam can Do This way,
    During Alliance war Season When 5 Wars Left (Cutoff Day) kabam can lock the Kick button for All alliances.So leader and Officers Can not kick any players.
    Its Simple And secure way how kabam lock Alliance war tier In off season.

Those 2 Ways Are best in my eyes.

Let Us know If You Have any better option to share in community 😘😘😘

Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
  • Options
    In option 2 it gives power to the players to not do their work in AQ and AW, as they know they cannot be punished for not doing anything, kabam will never do an option like that. Option one is doable, but is a ton of work for virtually no reward for kabam.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

So Kabam only gets involved when it's losing money? Then they get involved with how alliances are run and then limis them.
    its not about losing or gaining money, it is that kabam's job is not to manage inter alliance politics.
  • Options
    IcejrIcejr Posts: 431 ★★★
    edited November 2019

2 Simple Solution

••• Solution 1 •••

•If Someone get kicked by Leader Or Officers
    Kabam give right to that player for sending ticket and eligible War Rank rewards.

•If Someone Leave Alliance,They will not eligible for Rank rewards.

••• Solution 2 •••

Kabam Can do It Easily This way,
    In Cutoff day when Left 5 wars ,
    Kabam lock the kick button for Alliances,
    Kabam doing right now Lock Alliances war tier in off season, Just Same way they can disable kick button, Like this leader or officers can not kick There members.

In my Eyes Those options Are best,
    If anyone have any Best option,
    Feel free to share with Community.

Thank you in advance 😘😘😘

Post edited by Kabam Miike on
  • Options
    Lormif said:

DNA3000 said:

its not about losing or gaining money, it is that kabam's job is not to manage inter alliance politics.
    Kabam can see if a player was with an alliance for 5 wars and can see when and how you left the alliance. If a player contributed then they should be compensated. I didn't receive AW rewards or compensation. Yet, I spent money during that time, I does that not count either?
  • Options
    Lormif said:

In option 2 it gives power to the players to not do their work in AQ and AW, as they know they cannot be punished for not doing anything, kabam will never do an option like that. Option one is doable, but is a ton of work for virtually no reward for kabam.

Leaders and officers don't tend to carry dead weight. Is her job to kick a player who isn't contributing and the alliance will let them know if they aren't aware. But, to wait until the day before rewards and compensation I make room for other players is BS! Kabam knows I played daily, kills, potions and boss used and money spent. I didn't hop alliances and therefore should receive the same rewards, just as if someone(s) cheated in a war the whole alliance doesn't get rewards.
  • Options
    plpkokplpkok Posts: 152
    edited November 2019
    No, it doesn't count. Kabam could not possibly manage the data and play the role of judge/jury to determine the actual contribution and the context to that contribution in these scenarios.

This is just something that happens, sometimes I'm sure people merit the boot and sometimes I'm sure it is a BS reason. Alliances sometimes pay the price for being overly loyal to a member and members sometimes pay for the alliance's lack of loyalty.

There aren't guarantees or contracts in the game.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I'm afraid I have to agree with DNA on this one. Rewards are sent for a group effort. Not on a share-basis. Besides the obvious complications with the way Rewards are sent out by the server, you also run into a host of other concerns. Alliance surfing being one of them. The entire process would require manual calculations which would be a nightmare for Support who really only have limited capabilities. Unfortunately, it's one of those in-house issues that can happen. Is it cool? Not on the surface. Sometimes a kick is warranted, sometimes it isn't. All cases result in people not being rewarded. It's just not something they can intervene on. It's crucial to find an Ally you can trust.
  • Options
    plpkokplpkok Posts: 152

I'm afraid I have to agree with DNA on this one. Rewards are sent for a group effort. Not on a share-basis. Besides the obvious complications with the way Rewards are sent out by the server, you also run into a host of other concerns. Alliance surfing being one of them. The entire process would require manual calculations which would be a nightmare for Support who really only have limited capabilities. Unfortunately, it's one of those in-house issues that can happen. Is it cool? Not on the surface. Sometimes a kick is warranted, sometimes it isn't. All cases result in people not being rewarded. It's just not something they can intervene on. It's crucial to find an Ally you can trust.

We basically said the same thing at the same time. This is some sort of time paradox event.
  • Options
    Alliances have a one limit to kick a member, 5 wars. If they kick before or after that should have different comes. Just as there are consequences for jumpers, there should be done alliances using players to advance and then kicking those players without allowing them the benefits of their labors.
  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    But what if someone averaged 6 deaths a war?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,023 ★★★★★

Yes we know when it comes to one shotting the champion in 6.2 with a 5/50 she hulk will ring alarm bells, you will see a fix within the first 24 seconds! From kabam and will require a immediate update..!

But when it comes to broken masteries or champions or abilities can take a few months, and even then its still broken.. the recent one being Aegon!

So your right when it comes to Kabam they do a urgent fix!

When it comes to us, its always some sort of 'delay'

For that reason whoever lost out on AW rewards should get there rewards! (Have to keep on the topic some how lols x)

I have no idea where this thread is going cause of all the deleted comments but you cant fight 6.2 Champion with a 5/50 4* since they arent allowed in act 6.
  • Options
    Charlie11Charlie11 Posts: 4
    John757 said:

6 deaths? Sounds like someone who didn't know how attack bonuses work.
  • Options
    I heard about a player getting kicked right after the alliance lost a close war by 2 attack bonuses and he had 6 deaths to two defenders
  • Options
    Charlie11 said:

John757 said:

Surely. Also, it would be dumb to waste resources like that.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    DNA3000 said:

I think it is unlikely Kabam would change this policy, because it goes down a path of having their help desk judge whether alliance officers are acting appropriately when they remove an alliance member and as a result deny them alliance rewards.

What’s the policy?

I ask because there are instances of people receiving AW rewards after being kicked between the time the season ended and rewards went out.

Is the policy of awarding war rewards for CC’s (reported by a CCP member themselves) or based on apparent reason (victims of griefing have been awarded)? Is it a matter of volume?
  • Options

Charlie11 said:

John757 said:

So you admit someone who averaged that many deaths didn’t understand how attack bonuses work? Interesting
  • Options
    John757 said:

Charlie11 said:

John757 said:

So you admit someone who averaged that many deaths didn’t understand how attack bonuses work? Interesting
    I don't understand your question. What is it about 6 deaths and how does that involve me exactly?