**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Possible data leak on forums

I was just logging into the forums when I was redirected to a page that said the page was going under maintenance when I scrolled down I found there was a serious data breach on the 30th October relating to our usernames and passwords to this website why have I had no information regarding this? I take my passwords seriously and to know they were free for someone to take including my ip address is very worrying for me can you please explain what happened and whether we all need to be changing our passwords @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious or anyone else thank you

Comments

• Sorry some of the pictures are out of order but that's all the information I have
  • As noted toward the bottom of the first screenshot, SSO (single sign-on) accounts were not affected because their data is not stored in Vanilla forums. All players on our forums are using SSO connected to their game accounts. Apologies for any confusion here.
  • How does that work when I signed up to the forums website it asked me to create a user name and password it didn't mention it would be linked via the game also I can't see how it could be when the website is separate to the game can you explain a little more as I'm still confused how you can use vanilla forums and they don't have the username and password on their server isn't it their server we log into each time we use the forums?
  • Tbh I just want an answer to my very simple question I've used forums on websites before you have 2 types of servers when logging in one use another social network to log in and the other is when you create the details with the forum sever directly when I came here I was given the social option and sign up option. I signed up therefore my details would be held on the forum server which would mean the breach would effect me would it not?
  • Also if we are using our in game log ins to do this why is it I have to sign in everytime I'm on the website using my email and password in order for that information to work it would have to be saved on the forum server surely?
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i sold my soul to mephisto, a password is nothing compared to that
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★

You've seen too much.

• NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Thanks for sharing this info. It would be nice to get more clarification about the incident
  • The information that we were provided by Vanilla (our Forum Service provider) was that anybody affected would be forced to reset their Password (I had to reset mine because this account is not linked to a game account), and that our Users were not affected because of our SSO login.

If you have more questions about this, you can reach out to Vanilla, but this is all the information that we have.
This discussion has been closed.