**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Celebrate 5 Years of The Contest in December!

Comments

• I have an initial Rankup Chart in advance of 5* showing what the 5* Rankup Requirements would be, datestamped April 2015 on my device (that initially showed T2 Alpha requirements for 5* Rank-2).
    Also an updated Chart where they removed the T2 Alpha Cats from 5* Rank-2 dated Feb 2016 (might have been revised earlier that that, but that was when I last saved the revised pic).
  • Jack0312Jack0312 Posts: 198 ★★
    Hello guys !
    Do you have an idea of when you will release the new changelog ?
    We want some news of variant 4 and all the events that are coming in december (and maybe a gifting event ?) !!!
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    French2 said:

That prior post was me venting… now for real talk. I really enjoy the game a lot but I’m unsure and don’t really believe crystals are random. Four instance, when you get a premium hero crystal and it almost lands on a decent four-star champ it stops abruptly prior to, on the other hand when it’s spinning too fast and almost lands on a good four-star champ it takes and takes slower and slower but rolls one pass that champ. From someone who spends a lot of money weekly on the game it seems unfair that mini that doesn’t spend a penny has way better chance than me in less time. Somethings off about that. Silver surfer not even interested because soon as I get my hopes up I will get him in three star in 12 months

The reel is no different than a slot machine. It’s predetermined the minute you pull the lever, but those random god tier champs you see or next level star champs are visual que to trick the brain into thinking you were so close to a win. It’s what drives the memory to think next time I’ll get the four star or that god tier champ. I’ve found that just popping crystals allows you to mitigate these feelings and help curb your enthusiasm to keep spending or pushing.
  • Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

French2 said:

That prior post was me venting… now for real talk. I really enjoy the game a lot but I’m unsure and don’t really believe crystals are random. Four instance, when you get a premium hero crystal and it almost lands on a decent four-star champ it stops abruptly prior to, on the other hand when it’s spinning too fast and almost lands on a good four-star champ it takes and takes slower and slower but rolls one pass that champ. From someone who spends a lot of money weekly on the game it seems unfair that mini that doesn’t spend a penny has way better chance than me in less time. Somethings off about that. Silver surfer not even interested because soon as I get my hopes up I will get him in three star in 12 months

The spinner isn't random, at least not in the same sense the crystal opening is random. The crystal drop is not generated by the spinner, it is generated basically by the game servers rolling mathematical dice (what everyone calls the RNG, or random number generator). When you open a PHC, the game servers roll some dice to decide if the drop is going to be a 2*, 3*, or 4*. Then, it rolls again to decide which champion it will be. At that point, your drop is decided. This happens *before* the spinner gets anywhere near stopping (there's a couple of ways to prove this: if you are in an alliance you will see someone else's drops in alliance chat before they do; if your drop is a champ you're getting for the very first time you'll notice a little "1" pop up next to your profile because the game is already telling you that you have a new profile picture, all the while the spinner is still happily spinning along).

The spinner is drama theater. The game chooses random champs to show up in the spinner, but it uses a completely different algorithm: you're more likely to see higher star tier champs, for example. But when the spinner is ready to stop, any "roll overs" or "stop shorts" are just the spinner aligning to your drop, because your drop was determined by a separate set of random rolls. If it looks "fixed" it is: the spinner is forced to stop on the drop already determined by the servers.

To put it another way, imagine the wheel was completely empty, and then it spun around, rolling over empty spaces and then finally landing on another empty space, and as soon as the wheel stopped a champion appeared there. That's *actually* what's really happening, except those empty spaces are filled with random portraits of MCOC champs that have nothing to do with your crystal.
    the most Perfect answer ever to a crystal's opening, while there are some people on the forums who say that the champion is decided as soon as you buy the crystal and all sorts of nonsense..... I didnt have a good justification to counter their arguments at that time
    But liked it man, your comment was the exact answer i was looking for 👌👌

@DNA3000 I would like to see your profile(must be really insane), can you please tell me your in-game name???
  • Priyansh7 said:

@DNA3000 I would like to see your profile(must be really insane), can you please tell me your in-game name???

It is no secret my in-game name is the same as my forum handle. But a) my profile is nothing terribly special (at least not among Cavalier players) and b) you shouldn't assume that the roster of a player correlates to their knowledge and experience in the game. There are a lot of knowledgeable and helpful players with much smaller rosters than mine, and conversely there are probably players with much more developed rosters that don't necessarily have great command of the game.

Progress in this game is time + skill + cash. To be a high progress player, you generally need at least two, but it could be any two.
  • @Kabam Miike

I have a question regarding 1* champs.

In here you say that in variant, we will be able to use 1* and 2* champs.

But I've found that Colossus is different in his 1* from the rest of the other 🌟 ratings.

Didn't the buff applied to all champ rarity or was 1* left out on purpose?
  • Jack0312Jack0312 Posts: 198 ★★
    @AequitasDominus Kabam Zibiit already answered this in an other thread :

" Got some info from the team about this and we will be keeping the older, simpler kit for the 1-Star version of Colossus so that we don't overwhelm brand new players. We feel the previous version of his abilities will allow the newest players to focus more on picking up the basics as they start their journey through the Contest. "
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    Priyansh7 said:

DNA3000 said:

French2 said:

The spinner isn't random, at least not in the same sense the crystal opening is random. The crystal drop is not generated by the spinner, it is generated basically by the game servers rolling mathematical dice (what everyone calls the RNG, or random number generator). When you open a PHC, the game servers roll some dice to decide if the drop is going to be a 2*, 3*, or 4*. Then, it rolls again to decide which champion it will be. At that point, your drop is decided. This happens *before* the spinner gets anywhere near stopping (there's a couple of ways to prove this: if you are in an alliance you will see someone else's drops in alliance chat before they do; if your drop is a champ you're getting for the very first time you'll notice a little "1" pop up next to your profile because the game is already telling you that you have a new profile picture, all the while the spinner is still happily spinning along).

The spinner is drama theater. The game chooses random champs to show up in the spinner, but it uses a completely different algorithm: you're more likely to see higher star tier champs, for example. But when the spinner is ready to stop, any "roll overs" or "stop shorts" are just the spinner aligning to your drop, because your drop was determined by a separate set of random rolls. If it looks "fixed" it is: the spinner is forced to stop on the drop already determined by the servers.

To put it another way, imagine the wheel was completely empty, and then it spun around, rolling over empty spaces and then finally landing on another empty space, and as soon as the wheel stopped a champion appeared there. That's *actually* what's really happening, except those empty spaces are filled with random portraits of MCOC champs that have nothing to do with your crystal.
    the most Perfect answer ever to a crystal's opening, while there are some people on the forums who say that the champion is decided as soon as you buy the crystal and all sorts of nonsense..... I didnt have a good justification to counter their arguments at that time
    But liked it man, your comment was the exact answer i was looking for 👌👌

🤦🏻‍♂️ His forum name...
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,113 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    V4 sounds really interesting. Loving the idea that I can rank up and try out champs that I normally can't use/don't own as 5 and 6. It's like a testing ground to learn how to use them/decide if we want to invest in them when we do pull them as 5 or 6 star.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I am hoping we get a free 2* Silver Surfer. It won't be game changing, but would be a kind gesture. This in addition to that being a couple 4* Crystals, one 5* crystal, and some 6* shards/ Just a thought, but I'm honestly dreaming to see this all come about.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

I think some of you are missing the point. This is permanent content, not something that has to be done over a course of a month. You sold your 2*s? Well that sucks, but you got all the time in the world to build it up again through normal game play and all the PHCs you can get.

The cost of ranking up a 2* vs the cost of ranking up a 5* is not even comparable. Not to mention T1 and 2 class cats are pretty easy to come by with the glory store having new ones daily/fairly cheap.

I’m one of those suckers who sold all his champs at one time. For me it was 18 months ago, I sold everything.........everything I could at least, 5*’s couldn’t be sold, neither could 6*’s.....my wife wished it was possible though back then.
    I’ve made a significant comeback, got back all those 2*’s, not yet at max sig, but getting there. The 1* champ department though 🤔😐 that’s going to be a problem, since I can’t get them through the daily cavalier crystal.

• Nightbat216Nightbat216 Posts: 195
    Is the variants just here till the end of the year or are they here for the rest of this games lifespan?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,765 ★★★★★

Is the variants just here till the end of the year or are they here for the rest of this games lifespan?

Variants are permanent and forever.
  • Nightbat216Nightbat216 Posts: 195
    Buttehrs said:

Variants are permanent and forever.
    Thanks that is great considering the rewards if you have the skill to take them on
  • AshMoskovAshMoskov Posts: 54
    Do you think Kabam will be nice to us?? i think it's no... Maybe 5 potion will be good more than enough
  • Imaginary77Imaginary77 Posts: 12
    Is the gifting badge making a reappearance? Tis the season of gifting, it's only fitting
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

Is the gifting badge making a reappearance? Tis the season of gifting, it's only fitting

They will normally announce that stuff halfway through the month when they start to kickoff the Anniversary celebrations.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★

Can you elaborate more on the 1 star and 2 star viability in variant 4? Will they be optional or are they a must?

They will be a requirement. For those that are no longer getting 1-Star Champions, there will be ways to obtain them in the future, and also remember that this is permanent Content! So you'll have lots of time to rebuild a 1 and 2 Star Roster.
    I sincerely hope that rebuilding a 1* roster will not be dependent on spending units/money.
    😂 Never sell champs
  • NoobGamingNoobGaming Posts: 4
    Is there a 5* generic awakening gem on the calendar?
  • SupersizeSupersize Posts: 10
    When will we hear about Ebony Maws changes in Dec?
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 518 ★★★
    edited November 2019

I hope they will be enough :D
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    Please confirm @Kabam Miike
    These being introduced in new update as well as silver surfer ?