**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I gotta know, why is he so underrated??

Comments

• Options
    Jake303AoSJake303AoS Posts: 301 ★★
    Goodness said:

Goodness said:

Goodness said:

Having a niche doesn’t mean it makes him good
    It does grant him power to throw more special attacks but if his damage can not be ramped up then there isn’t much point in throwing very weak special attacks
    Can’t rly spam sp1 since you lose regen
    Sp2 is okay and can stack AoI but it doesn’t last that long sp3 is your best option if you don’t already have the permanent aura
    Hype on the other hand has low attack but he can ramp it up real fast and has much better power gain
    It doesn’t change much between him and void when it comes to incinerate match ups I’d take void all day if it were between the immunity and hype for the power gain and damage ramp up
    Only thing he rly has is the soul imprisonments and no damage taken while consuming charges

He can ramp damage with the Champion synergy, up to 60% I believe. His damage really isn't that bad. Compared to hype with 10 furys, maybe lol, but his utility is more valuable, imo. Don't forget he's also frostbite and Coldsnap immune
    Yeah it’s only 60% extra damage that’s not a lot plus you lose some if you regen or use sp1s
    Hype has a lot more utility than him
    Yeah mephisto can cheat death and power control node per fight
    But hype has many play styles
    Special one spam all day for DOT and
    Potential stun lock
    Heavy is all you need and compared to a full combo heavys won’t generate so much power Sp1 spam won’t give much power either
    Plus sometimes you don’t even need to hit the opponent you can sp3 spam if you’re good enough
    Not to mention his cosmic charges which grant passive increase in attack and physical resistance and are ready to immediately convert to potent power gains as well as regen if you rly want
    He’s poison immune but how many times do you rly need frostbite and Coldsnap immune? Not much unless you’re facing very specific circumstances like ice man new vision or freezer burn node
    Even at one fury hype will out dmg him or compare with champ synergy and 5 souls
    Additionally mephisto has rly bad match ups like other incinerate immune champs HT definitely, and is not good with suicides which would significantly help his damage
    I agree there aren't a ton of champs nodes with frostbite/Coldsnap, but I bet there are a lot more to come.. which will make him even more valuable. And yes, hype can way out damage him, but again, in my opinion, utility is more important.. every champ can eventually be beat regardless of damage, but some champs/nodes require specific utility to be beat. So that's why I tend to lean towards utility over damage.
    Check my edit that addresses your damage and regen plus buff shut down utility
    Check my reply to WnP, I clarify that.. it's versatility, you use what you need when you need it..
  • Options
    Goodness said:

If you’re looking for someone to tell you he’s a “god-tier” game changing champ, might want to focus you’re enthusiasm elsewhere.

He’s a good champ, but not great...maybe others don’t do everything he does, but there are ones that do some of what he does better, on top of their own unique abilities.

I'm not looking for anyone's approval lol, I know how valuable he is and has been to me. I just haven't heard any reasonable argument to his cons, other than damage.. but as you can see, his pros list is significant.
    😂😂😂 when you only see what you want to see and ignore everything else
    I asked for a cons list, please post..
  • Options

Seems like you are hard pressed for our approval, which you shouldn’t be...you seem to find his kit to be amazing, most others don’t, but who cares.

Like I said earlier...if you like him, cool...if you find him useful in whatever content you do, great...but will I personally ever rank my 5* above 2, probably not...and if I ever pull him as a 6*, definitely staying put at rank 1, he’s fine there IMO.

Why would I be hard pressed for your approval? As stated, and as you've mentioned, I use him, I like him.. I'm just curious as to why he's so underrated, and from what I've gathered, the only reason is damage. So I guess it boils down to what's valuable to you in the game, and as I've stated and explained, utility is more valuable to me.

No approval needed, and I seem to have my answer 🙂
  • Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    You had your answer before you decided to make this post, none of us were going to change your opinion of him regardless.

By starting this discussion, it was like telling everyone “I love this champ, give me more reasons to validate this”...it may not have been your intent, but it definitely was interpreted by everyone as such, that’s why I said it SEEMS that way, never said it was fact.
  • Options

You had your answer before you decided to make this post, none of us were going to change your opinion of him regardless.

By starting this discussion, it was like telling everyone “I love this champ, give me more reasons to validate this”...it may not have been your intent, but it definitely was interpreted by everyone as such, that’s why I said it SEEMS that way, never said it was fact.

Not at all, quite the opposite in fact. By starting this I was looking for reasons to INvalidate it, which I've only received one. I was simply curious as to why he's so underrated, just as the title suggests.
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    People have already given their cons though....hes not bad by any means but hes def not worth maxing out. He seems to be decent for a few paths in 6.3 which I will try out next week with my rank 1 mephisto.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Because his regen ain't great, his damage ain't great and his utility ain't great. Not trash, but he isn't anywhere near as good as just solid champs like Red Hulk and Carnage.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I hate telling people that a champ they like isn’t as great as they want to believe, but if you insist...

As an AW defender (I’m only in a Gold, tier4 group, so others might have differing views from lower or higher brackets), he has become a welcoming sight. Besides being standard Blade-bait, Void and Gulk make short work of him, with other somewhat recent champs being absolute beasts against him. For example, his attacks feed Havok and Torch’s abilities to the point that his regen is only delaying the inevitable. I’m sure there’s other options, but he’s down in a minute or so in our tier, as a max 5* or r1 6*, doesn’t matter.

As an attacker, with the current rise in health pools, it would be difficult to sustain through most fights, let alone the entire path, without having to use items...even with synergies and being fully boosted, his damage just won’t cut it over prolonged fights. Add to that the high attack rating of your opponent, the block damage will sting pretty bad. Sure he has a cheat death regen mechanic, but keep in mind that if you reached that point, that fight probably isn’t going very well in your favor.

Sure he has multiple immunities, which is helpful in some cases, but there’s a big reason for that...most champs that have these are designed to balance out other glaring weaknesses.

Again, he’s good, not great...he’s a solid backup quarterback, a useful role player off your bench in a basketball game, but that’s about it.
  • Options
    ChristoskillerChristoskiller Posts: 123
    Lets face the reality..he is ok but in this time-stage of game i am playing act 6.3 and the time he is going to end a fight is about 10 mins lol...as all ok champs he can beat uncollected or this easy kind of stuff.I see his regen..it is good but 2 mistakes in a fight that will take you 10 mins in act6.3 will get you knocked
  • Options
    Goodness said:

Goodness said:

If you’re looking for someone to tell you he’s a “god-tier” game changing champ, might want to focus you’re enthusiasm elsewhere.

He’s a good champ, but not great...maybe others don’t do everything he does, but there are ones that do some of what he does better, on top of their own unique abilities.

I'm not looking for anyone's approval lol, I know how valuable he is and has been to me. I just haven't heard any reasonable argument to his cons, other than damage.. but as you can see, his pros list is significant.
    😂😂😂 when you only see what you want to see and ignore everything else
    I asked for a cons list, please post..
    Powergain: very very situational even with sig it’s rng dependent and does not last that long
    Sp3 utility only works once, additionally the opponent has to have 2 bars to get the permanent AoI so it’s only rly useful in medium to long fights. But with his attack rating all fights feel like longer fights lmao
    He’s a mystic champ this is a pro and con
    Pro is that not much competition overall any way con is that he’s a mystic champ and all mystic champs have the same general utility with power gain and buff nullify so you can easily find someone better like SS, Magik or MS
    Attack isn’t great even when at his max is with champ synergy and one or two AOI it’s still mediocre not to mention if the opponent is incinerate immune you’re damage output is significantly reduced
    His “versatility” is not really versatile he has to sacrifice a few things to get one of thing done. Buff reliant champ like regan or power gain sp1 spam then ohh but wait you lose regen and his glorious attack that you so much love. Got hit a lot and now need to regen? Well bye bye damage
    Immunities are fine but there are lots of other better champs like havok or void
    Has bad match ups like science champs since they cripple his already mediocre attack
    As already said incinerate immune champs make his damage worse
    Overall his jsut average and situational
    He’s not underrated he’s exactly where he belongs

Right, like basically every champ they have good matchups and bad matchups..

His Regen is situational, but still plenty controllable.. put him on a freezer burn node or against certain incinerate champs and his power gain is guaranteed and constant. High sig level and it will proc pretty consistently.

And that's what versatility is, being able to use certain utility where needed. I personally never use him with the champ cause I think his damage is sufficient without it, so that's not an issue at all to, I'd say, most people that use him. I'm able to store my charges till/if I need the basically full Regen and ko immunity, OR if I need to prevent buffs. Then I can easily build them back up as the quest goes. Again, that's versatility.
    I agree only being able to trigger his sp3 ability once per fight sucks. It's still very useful, but I'll give you that con..lol
    Yes, he's not as good against Incinerate immune champs, just like any champ who inflicts Incinerate, or the huge amount of bleed immune champs to bleed reliant champs, etc.. Again, every champ has good matchups and bad matchups, so I don't consider that a con. Just like any champ, use him where he's most useful..
    I'm still not getting anything other than his less than God tier damage as a con. Which again, boils down to what's more important to you in a champ. I prefer more utility than damage, but everyone is different!
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Because his regen ain't great, his damage ain't great and his utility ain't great. Not trash, but he isn't anywhere near as good as just solid champs like Red Hulk and Carnage.

Lol, I'm gonna assume you're joking..
  • Options

I hate telling people that a champ they like isn’t as great as they want to believe, but if you insist...

As an AW defender (I’m only in a Gold, tier4 group, so others might have differing views from lower or higher brackets), he has become a welcoming sight. Besides being standard Blade-bait, Void and Gulk make short work of him, with other somewhat recent champs being absolute beasts against him. For example, his attacks feed Havok and Torch’s abilities to the point that his regen is only delaying the inevitable. I’m sure there’s other options, but he’s down in a minute or so in our tier, as a max 5* or r1 6*, doesn’t matter.

As an attacker, with the current rise in health pools, it would be difficult to sustain through most fights, let alone the entire path, without having to use items...even with synergies and being fully boosted, his damage just won’t cut it over prolonged fights. Add to that the high attack rating of your opponent, the block damage will sting pretty bad. Sure he has a cheat death regen mechanic, but keep in mind that if you reached that point, that fight probably isn’t going very well in your favor.

Sure he has multiple immunities, which is helpful in some cases, but there’s a big reason for that...most champs that have these are designed to balance out other glaring weaknesses.

Again, he’s good, not great...he’s a solid backup quarterback, a useful role player off your bench in a basketball game, but that’s about it.

I agree, not a great defender, but I have no plans of using him as a defender, wasn't referring to that.

And most of your point suggests a less than skilled fighter is using him. I don't get hit often. As for the cheat death mechanic, that's usually proc'd if I go into a fight with 50% or less health, them I'm back at full health and building my charges again. Yes, everyone has different styles and opinions on champs, but I'm still hearing that his only con is his damage. (And that his sp3 ability only procs once per fight, which I agree is dumb..lol)

Don't feel bad about voicing your opinion lol, cause it's just that, your opinion. I appreciate the alternative views!
  • Options

Lets face the reality..he is ok but in this time-stage of game i am playing act 6.3 and the time he is going to end a fight is about 10 mins lol...as all ok champs he can beat uncollected or this easy kind of stuff.I see his regen..it is good but 2 mistakes in a fight that will take you 10 mins in act6.3 will get you knocked

Point taken. A skilled player that can avoid hits and block damage can prevent this, but I agree, as with many champs, the content is surpassing them. But I believe his immunities will continue to be relevant, and even increase in relevance as most frostbite/Coldsnap nodes and champs surface. But again, I see your point.

What champs do think are most suitable for new and increasingly more difficult content?
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I’ve always liked him. Just pulled the 6*. But my daughter has the 5*, just at rank 2 I think, and used him in 5.3 in the mystic map. With the 3 points in mystic dispersion and his aura up, it got real crazy.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    edited December 2019
    WATCHED said:

Just pulled him as a 6star, happy to have an immune champ on my team regardless how soft his hits are, his aura is good to use, still trying to figure out how his sp3 actually work to get the permanent Aura of Incinamation

Use sp3 when enemy has 2 bars of power, ta-daa

Lol, guess you know that already
  • Options

Trust me, I’m not the one feeling bad about their opinion.

Like I said before, and I’ll end it at this since this conversation is turning into the Strange/Dormammu scene...your view of him will not change regardless what anybody has or will say, whether it’s their opinion or concrete fact.

Mephisto, in your skilled hands, seems to be like driving a Bugatti, while the rest of us see him as a Ford with some cool performance options...somewhat dependable, useful in certain situations, but nobody’s checking me out on a Friday night.

Lol, you said you hate to tell someone why a champ they like is no good.. trust me, no hard feelings towards your opinion here.

And I agree, this convo is beginning to exhaust me, and I don't have Mephisto's regen!
  • Options
    Smash said:

You kept asking which champ has better incinerate immunity? Red Hulk.

That damage you keep saying that it’s not a big deal because he has regen and other utilities. Well, go do some act 6 and tell us how he did. You’ll realize he’s not as great as you think. Sure he’s not a bad champ but you have him way too much up there. He’s good but not great.

How is Rhulk's better?

And again, where I have him on my list is accurate to his value to me, I don't expect everyone to be the same.. I was just wondering why he's underrated, which I now know is because of his less than God tier damage
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,310 ★★★★
    I’d rather have Mephisto than who I pull.. Antman has synergy with my other 6* Doc Oct, but there are other better 6* champions, he is middle tier but it is what it is..
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,730 ★★★★★
    Why does it matter if he is underrated as long as you like playing him nothing else should matter
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Trust me, I’m not the one feeling bad about their opinion.

Like I said before, and I’ll end it at this since this conversation is turning into the Strange/Dormammu scene...your view of him will not change regardless what anybody has or will say, whether it’s their opinion or concrete fact.

Mephisto, in your skilled hands, seems to be like driving a Bugatti, while the rest of us see him as a Ford with some cool performance options...somewhat dependable, useful in certain situations, but nobody’s checking me out on a Friday night.

You find Ford dependable!? Haha! That's funny!!! 😂
  • Options
    Smash said:

Smash said:

You kept asking which champ has better incinerate immunity? Red Hulk.

That damage you keep saying that it’s not a big deal because he has regen and other utilities. Well, go do some act 6 and tell us how he did. You’ll realize he’s not as great as you think. Sure he’s not a bad champ but you have him way too much up there. He’s good but not great.

How is Rhulk's better?

And again, where I have him on my list is accurate to his value to me, I don't expect everyone to be the same.. I was just wondering why he's underrated, which I now know is because of his less than God tier damage
    Because Red Hulk turns it into charges for him and does that “god tier damage” you’re talking about.

Anyway I don’t want to “exhaust” you on a post you started but clearly just want people to agree with you otherwise you’re not listening. Pointless to continue here
    I typically have no prob getting Rhulk to 10 charges, but since he does more than just immunity, I'll give it an equal..

Not sure where you get that I want people to agree with me? Simply discussing the pros and cons here.. it's getting exhausting with certain people cause they are solely focused on his damage. Which I stand by is decent lol. With just two stacks of aura he can tick over 1400 damage per second, while hitting close to 4k mediums and 2500k lights. And that's as a r1. Insane damage? Maybe not, but I think it's solid considering his utility.
  • Options
    Zuro said:

Why does it matter if he is underrated as long as you like playing him nothing else should matter

I agree, and it doesn't matter, just discussing pros and cons!
  • Options
    Etjama said:

You find Ford dependable!? Haha! That's funny!!! 😂

Lmao 🤫 some people think they are 😉