**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Am I the only one who thinks that namor sucks?

CodeOmegaCodeOmega Posts: 201 ★★★
Ok, hear me out. With his sig ability he has some great uses in some matchups (reflect damage back), but he really doesn’t seem like anything special. Every single fight he needs to ramp up his furies to have good damage, and without them he’s a very weak hitter. There are champs that combine high damage with lots of utility that don’t need an obnoxiously long ramp up. Thoughts? I feel like it’s not worth doing the ramp up every single fight.

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    CodeOmega said:

Ok, hear me out. With his sig ability he has some great uses in some matchups (reflect damage back), but he really doesn’t seem like anything special. Every single fight he needs to ramp up his furies to have good damage, and without them he’s a very weak hitter. There are champs that combine high damage with lots of utility that don’t need an obnoxiously long ramp up. Thoughts? I feel like it’s not worth doing the ramp up every single fight.

I really dont like using him outside of fights that you need his sig for. Otherwise he sits pine
  • Options
    Sure he has some solid damage when fully ramped up there are better and faster champs for raw damage
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I agree, I like omega red soo much better in almost every scenario and I dont like the fact that you need to get to your sp3 using mainly mediums for the dmg
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,731 ★★★★★
    I mean everyone has their own opinion if you believe he sucks then simply don't use him because it's not like anyone is forcing you to use him so at the end of the day it doesn't really matter just enjoy using Champs that you love
  • Options

No, Groot sucks. Iron Patriot sucks. Cyclops sucks (sorry, Miike).

Namor is amazing but requires a ramp up. So what? Same story for many amazing champs, like Corvus, VTD, Star-Lord, Stark Spidey, Cull. You are not obligated to like or use these champs, but it does not mean they "suck". Not at all.

3 out of 5 of those champs dont require you to start from scratch and ramp up again once you're there so fairly irrelevant to a Namor comparison

While I definitely don't agree that Namor "sucks", I absolutely don't think he's great for most or even a wide ranging amount of game content. Unless you need his sig ability, there's usually gar better options for a fight. When he's needed he's amazing though
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Your opinion is legit. I don't like Omega Red for having to be so aggressive
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I recently took my Namor to sig200 and he's still sitting at r3. The damage is nice and I don't mind the ramp up, but he's by no means my favorite character, though I plan to take him to r5 for war sometime soon. My mine issue with Namor is that I think his block proficiency kinda blows. I hate taking a lot of block damage and, yeah, the regen helps mitigate this a little, but still. Overall, I like Namor, but he's by no means a top tier character for me. I also agree with @XxLoganTDCxX, I hate Blade with a passion. I think he's a massively overrated champ and there are so many champs better than him now. He was good when he came out and up to around the release of 6.1, but he is just not that great anymore and now all his value comes from being awakened for that crazy, crazy regen. I have mine at r4 and he's never going to r5.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I get where your going with this argument. I don’t like Corvus. I see the death immunity but it requires so much skill in fighting to stay alive while it recharges.

I just can’t why he’s so dang popular
  • Options
    LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    t

I get where your going with this argument. I don’t like Corvus. I see the death immunity but it requires so much skill in fighting to stay alive while it recharges.

I just can’t why he’s so dang popular

He hits Like a truck once all his missions are complete. In normal matches this is great cause you can usually destroy your opponent before you even have to worry about running out of charges.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He is an insanely good champ, you just don’t like him, there’s a big difference between not liking a champ and a champ sucking
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

He is an insanely good champ, you just don’t like him, there’s a big difference between not liking a champ and a champ sucking

Good can still be niche though. Sym is a very good champ in the right situation. I feel Namor is similar but people shoehorn him in any bc of his sp2 numbers after 10 minutes of ramp up
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    CodeOmega said:

@Colinwhitworth69 let me quickly counter all your really bad points. Corvus, VTD, and cull don’t need to re ramp up every fight. They have the persistent charge mechanic, allowing them to carry charges. Stark spidey takes a couple quick dash backs. Star lord I agree with. That’s why many people don’t use him in harder matchups nowadays (except where you can ramp him up significantly). Namor is just impractical in most situations. Having to ramp up every single fight cripples him.

Cripples him? At least you're not exaggerating.
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    being free to play, champions who require a high sig ability will never be my favorite cause it's nearly impossible to take them there
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    DalBot said:

You're entitled to an opinion. It's a bad one, but you're entitled to it.

Put suicides on Namor and he's ridiculous. Play aggressive and he uses the damage against the opponent while he heals. Thorns? No problem. Korg or Electro? Pity the bastards. Aspect of Nightmares? Thanks for the free healing.

He's a great champ if you really know how best to unlock his potential.

Just use omega red, there is nthn in namor that allows more aggressive gameplay before the sp3 like a taunt or power drain or anything like that so get him in a freezer burn or biohazard path and die in a few seconds when baiting specials. Hes a great champ but overrated and I dont see why anyone would use him outside the nodes you mentioned except for aspect of nightmares which is easily achievable with most champs. Also sig200 is a must so thats a downside to the vast majority of the players.
  • Options

Lvernon15 said:

Good can still be niche though. Sym is a very good champ in the right situation. I feel Namor is similar but people shoehorn him in any bc of his sp2 numbers after 10 minutes of ramp up
    SS has faster ramp up damage though. Just one sp3 and you will bleed your opponent down. Great blocking too
    If they have buffs for you to get power from while running MD. Otherwise it takes a week to get to sp3. That wasnt really the point though and more just an example of a champ that can be very good in some situations but fairly meh in a lot of others. I think Sym and Namor both fit that mould
  • Options
    CodeOmega said:

I think this is something highly dependent on where you are in the game. Especially at the higher levels of the game or the end game, the value of champion is less defined by how much damage they do, because by that point you probably have tons of champs that can deal damage. The value of a champion is based on how well they can solve problems. Namor solves problems.

Back in the Sinister labs over the summer I had my 4* 5/50 on my team along with a bunch of 5/65s because he was the answer to all of the strike back nodes. He might only last one or two fights at that rank, but he was still worth his weight in gold. Instead of burning rerolls, Namor could just smash through those fights.

The champs I find most valuable all have that property that they solve nasty game situational problems. SS, Blade, Ghost, Namor, Magik, Mephisto, Iceman, Archangel, Vision, Void; some have great damage, some have meh damage, but all solve problems.

In fact the champ I think is extremely undervalued in this regard right now is probably Venom. Venom is considered a very good champ, but I think he's underrated even so. He just straight up destroys the UC Silver Surfer for example, because of his unique set of abilities.