**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sym Supreme can tank sp3?

Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
So I was fighting Silver Surfer with Sym Supreme today. I had an sp3 ready to go but he also had sp3 and he activated before I did.

But somehow after his sp3 I didn't lose any health, and I still had my sp3 that I was able to fire off.

Any expert Sym Supreme player here can tell me why that was the case?

Comments

• LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Well in his Second Phase he will have a Damage Cap for a certain Amount of time, something like 10% Damage Cap i think.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★

Well in his Second Phase he will have a Damage Cap for a certain Amount of time, something like 10% Damage Cap i think.

I thought about that, but this time he has an sp3, doesn't that mean he's in his 3rd phase?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Sym Supremes 2nd phase prevents defenders from doing more than 15% damage per hit.

Activating a sp3 activates all 3 blessings including the 15% damage cap if hit.

I used to take a path in AQ with a All or Nothing Venom and could always tank Venoms sp3. Its a great feature.

So if somehow you were in the 2nd blessing during the defenders attack, thats what reduced the damage.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★

Sym Supremes 2nd phase prevents defenders from doing more than 15% damage per hit.

Activating a sp3 activates all 3 blessings including the 15% damage cap if hit.

I used to take a path in AQ with a All or Nothing Venom and could always tank Venoms sp3. Its a great feature.

So if somehow you were in the 2nd blessing during the defenders attack, thats what reduced the damage.

Damn, you're right, sp3 means it also activates the 2nd phase.. that's awesome.
  • Well in his Second Phase he will have a Damage Cap for a certain Amount of time, something like 10% Damage Cap i think.

I thought about that, but this time he has an sp3, doesn't that mean he's in his 3rd phase?
    Not necessarily. Symbiote Supreme gains about a bar of power every 18 seconds, but shifts phases every 15 seconds, so they aren't perfectly in sync. Moreover if you have mystic dispersion you will likely be gaining a lot of power from Symbiote Supreme nullifying a lot of Silver Surfer's buffs, which will cause you to gain power even faster than normal relative to the pace of changing phases. Also, using SP1 immediately pushes you to the next phase. So the only way to know which phase you are in is by looking at the buff icons, not your power bar.