**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The final variant quest is badly designed

CodeOmegaCodeOmega Posts: 201 ★★★
There are two paths with some bad designs. The first is the caustic temper path with bleed vulnerability and the second is the biohazard with bleed vulnerability. To start with the caustic temper path, there is only ONE option. Hulk is the only choice if you want to deal any damage. Using vision (the only other poison immune) it takes around 2000 hits. Biohazard isn’t that bad with vision, but it still takes around 150 hits with vision. The major problem is putting bleed vulnerability on these paths instead of dash vulnerability. This would make the fights much more bearable

Comments

• Options
    Corby11Corby11 Posts: 170
    I was very sceptical about the caustic temper path as they had not updated the 1* colossus who with fury from heavy attack would have been ideal but after discussing on forums I tried it with hulk and it wasn’t too difficult at all, I farmed a few potions first from ROL then topped him up between fights and as he was only a 1* it only took 1 pot to max him out. Not expensive at all. The hardest bit really in the whole thing is the dead pool boss.

One thing I am not keen on is the poor drop rate I have heard about on the crystals for 1*, they should have just introduced a 1* only crystal imo. Luckily I Kept hold of mine, only missing Spider-Man
  • Options
    Corby11Corby11 Posts: 170
    Before someone says it I know Colossus isn’t poison immune but with willpower on he might have worked, as said hulk was fine even against Electra.
  • Options
    OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Corby11 said:

I was very sceptical about the caustic temper path as they had not updated the 1* colossus who with fury from heavy attack would have been ideal but after discussing on forums I tried it with hulk and it wasn’t too difficult at all, I farmed a few potions first from ROL then topped him up between fights and as he was only a 1* it only took 1 pot to max him out. Not expensive at all. The hardest bit really in the whole thing is the dead pool boss.

One thing I am not keen on is the poor drop rate I have heard about on the crystals for 1*, they should have just introduced a 1* only crystal imo. Luckily I Kept hold of mine, only missing Spider-Man

Caustic temper requires a fury buff, colossus’ heavy activates a fury passive
  • Options
    nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    edited December 2019

Corby11 said:

Caustic temper requires a fury buff, colossus’ heavy activates a fury passive
    First Colossus heavy gives him Furry passive effect and it does not work on Caustic Temper node. Second 1* Colossus is pre rework champion.

Edit. That supposed to be reply to person above
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I have to agree with OP on this one.

I spent 1000 units to pull hulk, og vision, gamora and colossus. I couldn’t even rank colossus to 2/20. And said screw it. Went in and 100% today. I think those 2 paths are kinda ridiculous node wise. I just got super lucky with hulk and OG vision. I know others who weren’t.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I ran it with a team of 4 if no one inferred that.
  • Options
    Scmb_666Scmb_666 Posts: 29
    @Panchulon21 I’m 1,200 units in and only have a 1* Gamora and Juggs.
  • Options
    GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I'm just about to explore this chapter, I have the willpower mastery and in my mind should be enough. I'll be back in a couple of hours to update.
  • Options
    SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    I gotta say, 1* was okay, cause like you only get 2hard paths, biohazard? Just run vision eat some block dmg and feed him with freakin lvl1 pots i mean lol easiest variant so far, only revive i used on 1* chap was magik, her limbo took my hulk then again just 1 rev.
  • Options
    simula67simula67 Posts: 49
    The design is bad, but on the other hand feels completely intentional.

Designing paths in a quest with only 12 unduped champions available for use means that it shouldn't take very long to think of how many of those 12 champions can realistically complete a given path. That this was considered and Caustic Temper was still included means that it was no oversight. The folks in this thread spending 1200 units on crystals for 1.66% chance at a Hulk feels like it was always the intended result.

The mods have been pretty silent on this; not even a "hey, we see your concerns and we'll take them to the team" post. I really hope the team considers removing Caustic Temper.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    I also found the use of bleed vulnerability in those combinations weird. Why even add it? The node should have just read.. "sorry, you will receive no way to earn bonus damage in this fight."
  • Options
    GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I did it and gamora was mvp for me, figth really aggressive, build fury and spam sp2. Instant death, the girl is the hardest hitter as a 1 star.
  • Options
    PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    Hulk and vision easily cover those paths. Just the mordo sucks
  • Options
    MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    Pintzz said:

Yeah Vision can do the caustic temper path.... in about 700 hits her fight. Not sure what you’re definition of “easily” is.
  • Options
    MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Agentk said:

Pintzz said:

Please show me a vision doing caustic temper magik easily
    He can’t lol. I’d bet $$$ he hasn’t touched those lanes yet
  • Options
    SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    MattMan said:

Yeah Vision can do the caustic temper path.... in about 700 hits her fight. Not sure what you’re definition of “easily” is.

His definition of easy means use you f brain and cover those paths with hulk, and its soo easy, only magik might kill you.
  • Options
    16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★

I also found the use of bleed vulnerability in those combinations weird. Why even add it? The node should have just read.. "sorry, you will receive no way to earn bonus damage in this fight."

I’m convinced they forgot gamora wasn’t poison immune and intended for her to be the ideal counter to the path
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Explored the entire variant with very little resources. The whole variant was extremely fun except for quest 6. I dont like playing with the only options. I think any node that requires 1 or 2 characters is poorly designed imo and thats pretty much the entire quest 6.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Honestly, all the paths should been doable with any 1* champ, but easier with some. They should know that people have extremely limited 1* rosters and as such, specific nodes like caustic temper would completely shut a lot of people off. Which I fear they were perfectly aware of. Because even a temporary way to get 1*s isn’t going to solve the problem. People are going to be encountering this issue for the rest of the games lifetime unless a permanent way is introduced.

And before anyone says it, the hero Crystal is not a viable solution considering there is a 1.6% chance to pull a 1* Hulk. That’s almost as rare as a 6* in a featured cavalier.

Also, the ability to viably get 1*s is tied to progression. So people who progress very quickly(take seatins latest account for example) are being punished for doing more difficult content quicker