**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Magik on immunity - Advise

RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
Heya, so yea, I know from time to time, I've been constantly saying that there are counters against Magik.

But there is one kind of Magik which I can never counter: The one on the miniboss immunity. And not just any ol' Magik, we are talking about a MD 5 Magik that is a 5* R4.

Any counters? Magik cannot counter because she can't power lock, Gwenpool cannot counter because you cannot reach 50 hits before getting killed by Limbo, even with intercepts and blocking, anyone else relying on detrimental effects can't because immunity. So anyone got any solution other than spending units and potions?

Comments

• TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Maybe DV sp2 with even combo
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★

Oh yea...that could work. Nice answer, I actually have a 4* Voodoo come to think of it, but stuck at R4. I'll R5 him when I get the mystic catalysts needed.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Duped mordo has energy resistance when blocking. Champs like beast or psylocke will help you in acrobatic mode. He has no buffs other than dex and she'll gain much less power than normal. Dormammu can also power drain on his 2nd medium. Using shorter combos with him will help you to keep her power low.
    Duped mordo has energy resistance when blocking. Champs like beast or psylocke will help you in acrobatic mode. He has no buffs other than dex and she'll gain much less power than normal. Dormammu can also power drain on his 2nd medium. Using shorter combos with him will help you to keep her power low.

Hmm, I don't think Mordo's energy resistance while blocking actually reduces limbo damage, I think Kabam said that it only works for energy based attacks, like Magneto and Dr Strange.

Never tried beast, though he is unduped. Don't have a Psylocke too. I'll try checking both their abilities out when possible.

But Dormammu, I have a Sig 1 Dormammu, and personally, I like fighting with him and agree he can potentially keep Magik at low power. I'll probably still go with DV though, since he is much better in offense than Dormammu. Thanks for the answer!
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »

Hmm, I don't think Mordo's energy resistance while blocking actually reduces limbo damage, I think Kabam said that it only works for energy based attacks, like Magneto and Dr Strange.

Never tried beast, though he is unduped. Don't have a Psylocke too. I'll try checking both their abilities out when possible.

But Dormammu, I have a Sig 1 Dormammu, and personally, I like fighting with him and agree he can potentially keep Magik at low power. I'll probably still go with DV though, since he is much better in offense than Dormammu. Thanks for the answer!

Duped mordo reduces limbo damage while blocking. DV also to some extent. Because limbo counts as energy damage and these champs have resistance to it while blocking
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    edited August 2017

Yeah you don't need Beast to be awakened but it would help a bit. I quite like him, it's a very noticeable reduction. I think I remember miike mentioning that mordo will reduce limbo since it's when blocking not when attacked. That was a while back when he was first released I believe. I haven't tried it myself though since mine isn't awakened, but if you have him it might be worth giving it a go. Think you might be referring to ultron when it's energy attacks only.

Duped mordo reduces limbo damage while blocking. DV also to some extent. Because limbo counts as energy damage and these champs have resistance to it while blocking

Oh, really? I'm actually not sure since I don't own a Mordo. Has it been tested and confirmed?
    edited August 2017
    7hssyjsvzzpa.png
    q324nslxiom6.png

See for yourself
    Ah, looks like it does! I'll take note of that.

• HahaNuHahaNu Posts: 43
    edited August 2017
    You can use Magik against Magik, it won`t power lock her on that node, but it will power drain her ...+ you`ll get the limbo that will save some of your health from her limb.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    what about OG Vision? He is rarer than Psylocke and Dorm but I think he is the most effective
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    I've used 5/50 gwenpool on magiks on immunity nodes before and she worked like a charm, the reduced ability accuracy gets noticeable even after 15 hits. A bit of a weird strategy but I've also used rogue to fight a magik or 2 on that node, she is not the most effective but still works if you play well. Dr.Voodoo is the third champion I can think of, I haven't used him yet but I can see how he would work
    weavile wrote: »
    what about OG Vision? He is rarer than Psylocke and Dorm but I think he is the most effective

Not to mention the most expensive hehe.

But yea, he might work since he has synthesis, but his specials give the enemy power for a microsecond before power draining, meaning he could trigger limbo more often than you think.
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399

No that wouldn't work, i tried vodo on immunity path in aq and his power burn buff doesn't work cuz they r immune of power burn, though tried with vision and they weren't immune of power burn on specials
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288

Not to mention the most expensive hehe.

But yea, he might work since he has synthesis, but his specials give the enemy power for a microsecond before power draining, meaning he could trigger limbo more often than you think.

since you already 1 bar ahead plus synthesis during the fight, use sp1 when she has half or two third of a bar is possible
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited August 2017
    Mordo energy resistance while blocking is useful against limbo.

DV isn't in the slightest, his energy resistance doesn't work, the reason given by Miike was that his wasn't part of his dupe ability, so it wasn't as strong/as versitile as Mordos.

Magik, Dormammu, etc., are absolutely useless for this fight, power drain now counts as a debuff, so the immunity node is unaffected by it.
    (I don't know about power burn exactly, but I assume it will also count as a debuff)

Beast in arcrobatic mode seems to be very good for it, since reducing power gain isn't a debuff.
    Mordo energy resistance while blocking is useful against limbo.

DV isn't in the slightest, his energy resistance doesn't work, the reason given by Miike was that his wasn't part of his dupe ability, so it wasn't as strong/as versitile as Mordos.

Magik, Dormammu, etc., are absolutely useless for this fight, power drain now counts as a debuff, so the immunity node is unaffected by it.
    (I don't know about power burn exactly, but I assume it will also count as a debuff)

Beast in arcrobatic mode seems to be very good for it, since reducing power gain isn't a debuff.

Punisher 2099 is also good at reducing the power gain
    try crossbones. he gets rid of limbo sometimes,but make sure you have 5 stacks of fury in order for it to work

and when those 5 furies end and Magik has MD 5?
    try crossbones. he gets rid of limbo sometimes,but make sure you have 5 stacks of fury in order for it to work

Yea but he'll feed md, wouldn't be a good idea..
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★

He got you guys good.

Check his name.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Dr voodoo odd combo (sp1 or sp2) and keep the accuracy reduction on her, constantly baiting l1

Bw

Gwenpool

He got you guys good.

Check his name.

Yea I saw, but in all honesty, I don't want to start assuming that someone's comment is a "troll" just because their name has that word. :P
  • Magik on immunity could be beaten with magik (at least the same rank). Start the fight with full life, after a few l2 you'll have constantly more power then your opponent, so you're more chance to active limbo then your opponent. I remember you that your limbo will allow you to regen the damage of the opponent's limbo. Is really difficult and need to be a skill player, but i ensure you that is possible to beat magik on immunity by this method, i had to make it a lot of times.
  • Another opportunity could be DV, with costantly special attack on odd combo. This will reduce the chance of magik to active limbo.