**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abyss of Legends - Wednesday January 15th?

SeatinSeatin Posts: 52 ★★★
Abyss has been confirmed for January! - https://playcontestofchampions.com/v25-2-release-notes/

Was wondering if Kabam would be able to confirm that Abyss of Legends will be launching in the usual content spot on Wednesday January 15th, so we can have the heads up to prepare and let our friends and family know we'll be disappearing for a few days!

Cheers
~ Seatin

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Hypeeeeeeeeeeeeee, so glad I pulled g2099 yesterday
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    Also confirmation on if Abyss will be gated by having the Legends badge.

need to start saving units so i can trade energy refills.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★
    RakeYoung said:

If u go to post it says cavalier u need to be
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    edited December 2019
    Bendy said:

RakeYoung said:

If YOU go to the post and read the second last line you will understand why he is asking the question...

Bendy said:

RakeYoung said:

correct and right after it says:

"and shall only be conquered by a true LEGEND"

its in all caps in the post, maybe i'm wrong and i hope i am.

i was just hoping Kabam can clarify.
    edited December 2019
    It's because it's another installment of the legendary quests it said it also in lab of legends and if u actually read it says to become a true legend not legend as in needing the title
    Bendy said:

It's because it's another installment of the legendary quests it said it also in lab of legends

That's fair.

Don't get me wrong, i absolutely hope a Legends title isn't required, it just seemed odd to put legends in all caps versus just using an ! instead.

but again i'm a high school drop out so my grammar is terrible.
    Bendy said:

It's because it's another installment of the legendary quests it said it also in lab of legends and if u actually read it says to become a true legend not legend as in needing the title

Actually there was no reference to LEGEND in the original information for LoL..
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/28/labyrinth-of-legends-spotlight

Bendy said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/28/labyrinth-of-legends-spotlight
    I thought they mentioned legend in it been ages since read spotlight but hopefully will get info on the abyss sooner today or next week early
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

I thought they mentioned legend in it been ages since read spotlight but hopefully will get info on the abyss sooner today or next week early
    Agreed.. would be nice for them to provide more information.. especially so people know when it's out.. could be useful for gifting of items depending on its release..
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I can’t see them placing such a meaningless gate on content like this. Completing heroic and master quickly surely is not any indication of how good a player is

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Agreed.. would be nice for them to provide more information.. especially so people know when it's out.. could be useful for gifting of items depending on its release..
    This is precisely why i'd love to know, so i can trade for some energy refills.
  • NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    edited December 2019
    If they are seriously going to gate this content behind a Legends title I’ll never spend another penny on this game.. I have ZERO interest in getting a Legends title. I’m Caviler, working on 100% Act 6, LOL 100% complete and all Variants 100%. There’s absolutely no reason I should be gated from this content because of a worthless title.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Instead of rarity gates or class gates, they would now add iOs gates?
    I honestly doubt that would happen, and I hope I'm not wrong here. It would just look like they didn't learned anything from the previous discussion about gates
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Why is everyone freaking out. They just said it needs the cavalier title. Not the legends. Reading is fundamental.

Why is everyone freaking out. They just said it needs the cavalier title. Not the legends. Reading is fundamental.

I’m simply asking for clarification since I interpreted the text this way.

While I wouldn’t “freak out” until further information, I can understand it if someone is unhappy about Abyss being gated by a title obtained by spending lots of units on refills and having the latest smartphone.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    You only need cavalier. Ther just said it as u shuld not hops to cler it all in 1 day without any frustration
  • NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    edited December 2019

, And even still shall only be conquered by a true LEGEND

It was poor wording/phrasing on Kabam’s part. They shouldn’t have said that right after saying you needed to be Caviler. It made it seem like they were listing another requirement.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    I hope they do make a legends gate so I really have zero incentive to do it. That Collector is going to make so many people rage quit. At least phone sales will go up after the Abyss release from all the people breaking their phones.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    RoninMan said:

I hope they do make a legends gate so I really have zero incentive to do it. That Collector is going to make so many people rage quit. At least phone sales will go up after the Abyss release from all the people breaking their phones.

If it is I guess that’s a positive way of thinking about it lol, no raging at it
  • tkt546tkt546 Posts: 34
    Honestly, after re-reading it, it says you can face it after cavalier, but to conquer it you have to be a Legend. Maybe there's some paths that have a Legend gate. So you can complete it with only cavalier, but to 100% you need to be a Legend? Either way, we won't know for sure until someone answers.
    tkt546 said:

Honestly, after re-reading it, it says you can face it after cavalier, but to conquer it you have to be a Legend. Maybe there's some paths that have a Legend gate. So you can complete it with only cavalier, but to 100% you need to be a Legend? Either way, we won't know for sure until someone answers.

That makes a lot of sense.. also.. that way people wouldn't really be able to complain as they could still participate without a LEGEND title..
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    And why would anyone who’s not a legend even attempt more than one path if there’s such a legend gate? (If the Abyss is structured in a way that one needs to explore several different paths). Having such a restriction for players who don’t have the legend title will cost them a big revenue, lots of money, whatever you want to call it.
  • Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Posts: 130

And why would anyone who’s not a legend even attempt more than one path if there’s such a legend gate? (If the Abyss is structured in a way that one needs to explore several different paths).

Umm because not everyone uses an Apple product??
  • tkt546tkt546 Posts: 34

And why would anyone who’s not a legend even attempt more than one path if there’s such a legend gate? (If the Abyss is structured in a way that one needs to explore several different paths). Having such a restriction for players who don’t have the legend title will cost them a big revenue, lots of money, whatever you want to call it.

Didn’t say it was a good idea. Just giving my interpretation of the announcement.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    My guess is if you 100% you get a legends title
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Not a gate or requirement but a reward