**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

RTTL(Safeguard)

FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
The Safeguard node here is really stunting my progress in RTTL. Besides that I can deal with all the nodes but I don't have a reliable champ to bypass Safeguard
Current 5*'s: Dormammu(1/25), Antman(1/25)
Current 4*'s: Blade(4/40), Stark Spiderman(3/30), Cull Obsidian(1/10, sig4), Emma Frost(1/25, duped sig(20)), Spider-Gwen(1/25(Sig 44))
Sentinel(2/20), Morningstar(3/30), She-hulk(1/1), Green Goblin(1/1), Invisible Woman(1/10), Gwenpool(1/10), Nebula(1/10), Phoniex(1/10)
Any help would really be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    A duped gwenpool should bypass safeguard at 50 hits
    Also bleeders can handle it too
    And other aar champs
    I suggest you wait since you don't have proper champs
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Keep playing and improving your roster. That's what I did. You'll want a champ that dishes out damage over time, like Archangel, Blade, Fury, Human Torch, etc. A 4/40 Blade is prolly not enough.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    Jh_Dez said:

A duped gwenpool should bypass safeguard at 50 hits
    Also bleeders can handle it too
    And other aar champs
    I suggest you wait since you don't have proper champs

If dups
  • Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Blade. Parry and SP1 should work.

Cull. Rout should bypass safeguard as it is direct damage (it will be little though)
    Gwenpool with bleeds.
    Sentinel with incinerates.
  • Options
    te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    dormammu is really good too, his burst damage on heavy isn't capped by safeguard ^_^
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Haji_Saab said:

Hit them 100 times ... Safeguard doesn't need a counter.

This is my thought as well.

If it's taking you more than 100 hits, then safeguard isn't really affecting you anyway. If it usually takes you less than 100 hits to clear a fight and then you come up against safeguard, it shouldn't be prohibitive to finish the fight considering there are no time limits in RTTL.

Ability accuracy reductions can bypass the damage cap. You can get the pacify mastery to help bypass it in any fight where you can inflict stun. The assassin mastery can also help any champ bypass it once the enemy health dips below 18%.

Damage over time champs also work well. Blade in his current state should be able to walk through most fights on his own...especially if he's duped. Gwenpool is also great for this since she does AAR and bleed. If the enemy is bleed immune, you can take Stark Spidey and keep saving for L2's.

Keep in mind that when RTTL was released, the most common champs used to clear the content were 4/40's with some 5/50's. Blade's abilities are leaps and bound better than most champs that were available at the time. You definitely have the roster to clear this content now. If you can't manage it just yet, just get some practice in the upcoming EQ and then hit it again when you're more comfortable with any tricky fight mechanics.

Good luck!
  • Options
    FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    I also have another question. What about those starburst nodes?
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 531 ★★★
    Corvus all day on safeguard....

For real though, DOT champs are great. AA excels here, especially awakened, but anybody who give DOT will do well. I used my Voodoo for all of chapter 3 and he did great.

If you have a champ that can regen, it helps with starburst. I have not found a way around it though. Usually just use Voodoo and try to finish before regen runs out.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    With what you posted of your roster (no r5 4s or equiv 5s) you should be focusing your time/effort elsewhere. Rttl isn’t easy content and doesn’t really reward you for the effort. Put if off until you have multiple champs at 5* r4 or better yet until you have intent to get into LoL.
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    RttL is pointless for you right now.
    Rewards aren't going to help you much and you don't have anywhere near the champions to complete LoL.
    Concentrate on something else, have you explored act 3/4?
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    Why are you wasting your time in Rttl u don't even have a maxed 4* go spend your time in story mode/ event quest and alliance activities. Come back to rttl when you are ready to do LOL.
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    I used crossbones and nightcrawler alot.
    His deepwounds gives you Double damage once u sp3.
    Also good are masacre and Rulk. They Do Double damage too.

Also nice, rogue with cmm synergy.

There are plenty of options for safeguard.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

Why are you wasting your time in Rttl u don't even have a maxed 4* go spend your time in story mode/ event quest and alliance activities. Come back to rttl when you are ready to do LOL.

One of the things I've noticed over time is players jumping into content way ahead of the curve. Sometimes it works for them, and that's great. If you want to do Act 5 with a bunch of 3/30s and you have the skill (or the cash) to push through, why not. But I think there are a lot of players who read about stuff like that and think it is the norm: they see the high rewards and they think they deserve them immediately, and assume they should be able to just plow through content to get it because others do.

I don't know if the OP is one of those, but I wouldn't be trying to push to complete RTTL with that roster myself, when it is likely there are a lot of other progressional rewards in the game much more within reach. It isn't my place to tell players what not to do, but I can say that sometimes the correct decision is to level up and come back later, and all other options are either too expensive or too difficult to make work.
  • Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Red Hulk helped me a lot through safeguard with his extra direct damage
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

Corvus all day on safeguard....

For real though, DOT champs are great. AA excels here, especially awakened, but anybody who give DOT will do well. I used my Voodoo for all of chapter 3 and he did great.

If you have a champ that can regen, it helps with starburst. I have not found a way around it though. Usually just use Voodoo and try to finish before regen runs out.

Gulk is the ultimate Starburst counter because his Face Me! is permanently on and so he's regenning 70% of ALL damage received (not just from star burst).

Failing that the two Star Burst counter strategies are to take them down quickly with high-damage champs, or otherwise the Regen champs you recommended (Wolverine is a solid 4* option, for example)
  • Options
    NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Nebula with the proxima synergy. Melts everyone. Don't think there are any shock immune champs there, so should work fine.
  • Options
    KincardineKincardine Posts: 25

Damn. I know Black Widow isn't even remotely what she used to be... but a "Best Champ for RTTL" thread and not a single mention of her? She was (and i'm guessing still is) the Queen of RTTL.

Poor girl deserves some love.