**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Iron Man Infinity War (IMIW) on Optimist node in war.

Seriously, how do you beat him? He auto blocks, stuns you and heals every time he gets under 25%. I'd rather fight through ANY content in the game than fight this setup.

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    todd_soc said:

Seriously, how do you beat him? He auto blocks, stuns you and heals every time he gets under 25%. I'd rather fight through ANY content in the game than fight this setup.

Just heavy intercept, or use corvus + proxima or true strike champ, its not that hard.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Heavy counter true strike or unblockable
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,436 ★★★★
    You can also just wait out the <15% armour up buffs, they don't last all that long. Once he has no armour buffs he doesn't auto-block
  • You can also just wait out the under 15% armour up buffs, they don't last all that long. Once he has no armour buffs he doesn't auto-block

You don’t know what the OPTIMIST buff node is then apparently. It gives an Armor Up for rest of the way once IMIW (or any other defender on that node) is below 25% health.

Thus the reason OP was asking his question. So he will always be in potential Auto-Block mode when low health.

That said, other suggestions above are good ideas.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,436 ★★★★

You can also just wait out the under 15% armour up buffs, they don't last all that long. Once he has no armour buffs he doesn't auto-block

You don’t know what the OPTIMIST buff node is then apparently. It gives an Armor Up for rest of the way once IMIW (or any other defender on that node) is below 25% health.

Thus the reason OP was asking his question. So he will always be in potential Auto-Block mode when low health.

That said, other suggestions above are good ideas.
    Ah derp, my bad :smile:
    Wasn't considering the Optimist part and focused only on IMIW himself.

Move along!
  • BDeezyBDeezy Posts: 119
    Heavy intercepting is my method. A quick step back and time your own heavy to catch him mid-heavy. Some champs are far better than this than other.

Warlock is my go to for imiw. I’m comfortable with his range on his heavy and he drains so much power that imiw rarely even gets to launch specials.

Capiw was my go to before warlock. Great range on his heavies although I mistimed the intercept far more than I’d care to admit and got many armor break slashes in the face.

Emma Frost can’t effectively heavy intercept as her punch range is awful but while in diamond form she can’t be parry-stunned so the auto-block is still an issue but you’re not left stunned and helpless.

Night thrasher has true accuracy on mediums, heavies, and specials