**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Abyss of Don't Even Try It

DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
lol .. i just took a peek inside the Abyss just for giggles and the first battle up was a ridiculous Thing. definitely need a team that's synergy heavy to counter most of this stuff ... but that's the trick .. figuring out which team works.

Comments

• Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Only the biggest whales will do this now. I just explored LOL a couple months ago after I took Ægon to R5. I can wait because most likely the best champ for tbe Abyss isn't even available yet.

The other 2 paths start with Darkhawk and IMIW for those who are curious.
  • Options
    solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    -sixate- said:

I can wait because most likely the best champ for tbe Abyss isn't even available yet.

I just wanted to say that
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    You can’t. But I don’t think that’s what the OP is referring to.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

xNig said:

lol .. i just took a peek inside the Abyss just for giggles and the first battle up was a ridiculous Thing. definitely need a team that's synergy heavy to counter most of this stuff ... but that's the trick .. figuring out which team works.

Or.... it could probably be the case of “you’re not ready” for it yet...
    Sorry how does one prepare for a hit cap?
    More damage in less hits like Ghost Quake or Dom (yeah I know it’s not that simple but like that)
  • Options

xNig said:

i'm definitely not ready for it ... could i do it if i were a big spender with money to burn? sure. i mean even for a "whale" account like Seatin he's burned through over 3K units and tons of revives. so is anyone really ready? i highly doubt it unless as i mentioned, you have money to burn.
  • Options
    lol good work though
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

xNig said:

i'm definitely not ready for it ... could i do it if i were a big spender with money to burn? sure. i mean even for a "whale" account like Seatin he's burned through over 3K units and tons of revives. so is anyone really ready? i highly doubt it unless as i mentioned, you have money to burn.
    Ended up costing him 4K units which is pretty damn good, I think that’s inline with the first LOL clears when released. And if kabam was selling completion rewards as an offer for 4K units people would lap it up.
  • Options
    RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    I was actually able to solo Thing which I thought was remarkable. But that came to a grinding halt when OR came up next.
  • Options
    RoninMan said:

I was actually able to solo Thing which I thought was remarkable. But that came to a grinding halt when OR came up next.

With Stealth?

I tried Void and managed to get around 15-20% down per try before the enrage kicked in.
  • Options
    xNig said:

RoninMan said:

With Stealth?

I tried Void and managed to get around 15-20% down per try before the enrage kicked in.
    Yessir I have a 6* R2 and it took 850 hits. It was pretty mind numbing. Maybe SG and Shulk can do it too but they usually have to parry and heavy to keep it going.
  • Options
    panda_mcocpanda_mcoc Posts: 32
    the only tactic that works for this is to empty your wallet
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    RoninMan said:

xNig said:

RoninMan said:

With Stealth?

Yessir I have a 6* R2 and it took 850 hits. It was pretty mind numbing. Maybe SG and Shulk can do it too but they usually have to parry and heavy to keep it going.
    I feel like Gwen could solo that if played correctly. I usually take thing war bosses with her, his specials are easy to punish with heavy attacks and the slow does last quite a while, so as long as you play around that she should be viable. But I won’t be taking it on for a while I don’t think, would need to save up a lot of units to stand a chance of completing it.
  • Options
    RoninMan said:

xNig said:

RoninMan said:

With Stealth?

SG definitely can. Just managed it. But it takes 1k+ hits of almost perfect play once the counters run out. Made me wanna puke blood.
  • Options
    xNig said:

RoninMan said:

xNig said:

RoninMan said:

With Stealth?

SG definitely can. Just managed it. But it takes 1k+ hits of almost perfect play once the counters run out. Made me wanna puke blood.
    Granted Thing has more protection so maybe other fights like HtD or Loki may not be so bad, but yeah it feels like a bad time having to do that 20 times.