Abyss Collector in the bin- Seatin did it!!

2»

Comments

  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 196 ★★
    edited January 24
    To be fair, Lagacy's internet was down, so he wouldn't be able to have a good initial clear of Abyss if he played at the same time as Seatin. He was also commenting on Seatin's stream, so it doesn't seem wrong to take the same path when someone you know played pretty well on that path
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 196 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

    Hendross said:

    Highlights:

    1. Doesn't know who Charlie Brown is
    2. Loves Pringles, Pina Coladas, and Mexican Coke
    3. Carlos is the MVP
    4. Pounded ducks for an hour
    What's wrong with Pringles? :)
    These are better:


    If they don't have a sour cream and onion flavour, then they cannot compare to Pringles.
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 428 ★★
    Hendross said:

    Highlights:

    1. Doesn't know who Charlie Brown is
    2. Loves Pringles, Pina Coladas, and Mexican Coke
    3. Carlos is the MVP
    4. Pounded ducks for an hour
    I watched the full live stream and remember all of those moments lol it was great!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 9,896 Guardian
    RU11011 said:

    DNA3000 said:

    Hendross said:

    Highlights:

    1. Doesn't know who Charlie Brown is
    2. Loves Pringles, Pina Coladas, and Mexican Coke
    3. Carlos is the MVP
    4. Pounded ducks for an hour
    What's wrong with Pringles? :)
    These are better:


    If they don't have a sour cream and onion flavour, then they cannot compare to Pringles.


    Seriously though, beef consomme flavored potato chips kicks sour cream's behind.
  • LainuaLainua Posts: 736 ★★★
    KT1 did it too, so almost every prominent youtubers did it on day 1 or 2.

    It proved one thing: if you are skilled players, got stacked enough roster and healthy enough you can beat the Abyss quite fast.

    It's not like a superhuman thing and no need for an overreaction.
  • LainuaLainua Posts: 736 ★★★
    By the way Seatin has to do it first day. He has no choice. He didn't do it for fun it's his job, his main resource of income. If he didn't do it the number of followers will drop and he will be forgotten.

    Not like most of us. If I was forced to do it on day 1 I can get it too, of course with much much higher cost.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 9,896 Guardian
    Lainua said:

    KT1 did it too, so almost every prominent youtubers did it on day 1 or 2.

    It proved one thing: if you are skilled players, got stacked enough roster and healthy enough you can beat the Abyss quite fast.

    It's not like a superhuman thing and no need for an overreaction.

    Based on the streams I've seen so far, I would say that while the Abyss is most certainly not easy content, it is actually not as difficult as the Labyrinth was relative to the strength of the top players when it released. The Abyss might be five times harder that LoL, but the top players are ten times stronger today (in combined skill and roster).

    The interesting thing I've noticed is the tenor of discussion surrounding the Abyss shifted from people saying they were not going anywhere near it to more people saying maybe it was worth taking a swing at. So it will be interesting to see if the early birds start a small avalanche of more people trying to complete it.
  • PintzzPintzz Posts: 129
    That nameless collector was such a pain
    Did the same path but didn’t watch his stream. Spread it out over the last two days
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,176 ★★★★
    The REASON people are hyping @Seatin is not because they are fan boys/girls it’s because it was done first in a live setting. Sure someone may have finished before Seatin, but that’s not what is being hyped. It’s the fact that he did it live, with 9-15k people watching him. That’s a lot of nerves to hold back.

    Not only that but he has more views than the impeachment hearing. Meaning he was more important than POTUS. Nobody is taking away from the fact that @Lagacy completed it after Seatin. If the 2 of them can have friendly competition and banter over it, why can’t their fans.

    I am a fan girl of Lagacy I like his breakdowns a bit better. I thought it was awesome he was in that steam cheering along a fellow player. He didn’t get butthurt over Seatin doing it first live, so if HE the other person being discuses in this is cool with it why can’t we all be?

    What we should be discussing is how Kabam was hyping this content to be the hardest content ever and a handful of players showed them they were wrong. Who finished first is not important, what is important is what could have been done to actually make this content hard. What 4K units and a huge stash of potions? Hell I could of made harder node combinations than what Kabam put out.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 896 ★★★
    Denslo500 said:

    The Abyss is the superbowl of MCOC.
    Seatin is the documented champ.
    Completely live for 6 hours.
    No cheats.
    No help.
    Just skillz and units.

    NO ONE ELSE has the guts to do what he did (live, under the scrutiny of at least 9,000 people at any given moment).
    If you think there is anyone else who can claim better, show us the 6 hour livestream.
    (Seatin's is on his Youtube site)

    Welll, shout out to KT1 ... he was a few fights behind Seatin .. but he DELIBERATELY took different paths when he could ... as he said in the live stream "might as map out uncharted territory" :)

    He ended up getting MUCH harder fights .. ;) (Seatin seems to have taken one of the easier paths - still a great accomplishment by him .. for sure .. but don't dismiss others so quick ) ;) hehe
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 232 ★★
    Lainua said:

    KT1 did it too, so almost every prominent youtubers did it on day 1 or 2.

    It proved one thing: if you are skilled players, got stacked enough roster and healthy enough you can beat the Abyss quite fast.

    It's not like a superhuman thing and no need for an overreaction.

    Does "healthy" refer to units/pots equivalent? Just curious as this challenge seems impossible without a stack of those too.
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 148



    Finished the same path as seatin! Thanks for scouting man! @Seatin

    Congrats - who did you take to R3?
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 2,307 ★★★★★
    For all the comments about Kabam saying it would take months, it should be fairly obvious that's not meant in a literal way for the top players and biggest spenders. Short of putting in fights that literally can't be completed using any currently available champ there's no way they can put out content that won't be completed by some people right away. People with that most stacked rosters and thousands of units are obviously going to get it done whenever they choose to, now for the other 99% of people that statement rings true, Abyss is a longterm project. If I just bought a couple Odin's tomorrow I could have it complete as well.
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 2,307 ★★★★★

    The REASON people are hyping @Seatin is not because they are fan boys/girls it’s because it was done first in a live setting. Sure someone may have finished before Seatin, but that’s not what is being hyped. It’s the fact that he did it live, with 9-15k people watching him. That’s a lot of nerves to hold back.

    Not only that but he has more views than the impeachment hearing. Meaning he was more important than POTUS. Nobody is taking away from the fact that @Lagacy completed it after Seatin. If the 2 of them can have friendly competition and banter over it, why can’t their fans.

    I am a fan girl of Lagacy I like his breakdowns a bit better. I thought it was awesome he was in that steam cheering along a fellow player. He didn’t get butthurt over Seatin doing it first live, so if HE the other person being discuses in this is cool with it why can’t we all be?

    What we should be discussing is how Kabam was hyping this content to be the hardest content ever and a handful of players showed them they were wrong. Who finished first is not important, what is important is what could have been done to actually make this content hard. What 4K units and a huge stash of potions? Hell I could of made harder node combinations than what Kabam put out.

    See this is what I'm talking about, have you done the Abyss yet? It's funny seeing people say Abyss isn't hard because the top 1% of players with the most stacked rosters and thousands of units was able to complete it quickly. That will always be an inevitability short of putting in fights that are literally impossible to complete with currently available champs, and nobody is interested in that sort of nonsense.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 9,896 Guardian

    Denslo500 said:

    Lagacy was having connection issues (he said so in background in Seatin video), so Seatin beat him to it.

    Why brag on Seatin?
    Why brag on Joe Montana?
    Why brag on Babe Ruth?
    Why brag on anyone who has made a major skill achievement?
    We never KNOW any of them, but we can admire the accomplishments and give them their due.
    Is it sacrilege to same Seatin with sports greats?
    e-Sports are gaining bigger crowds that regular sports.
    Time will tell.

    The fact your are seriously comparing a u-tuber for a comic based mobile game to some of the most iconic names in sports history makes me chuckle.

    Don't get me wrong, I do love this game, but comparing making videos of yourself tapping a phone screen to playing a very physical sport with 100 million people watching at a time is a very odd comparison.
    I find it surprising 4 people disagreed that major sport stars and u tubers are not a very accurate comparison. I respect other people's opinions but have a challenge for those who disagree.

    The challenge is ask 100 random strangers who Joe Montana and Babe Ruth are (exact names used in original comparison) and see how many of these people are familiar with who they are. Next, ask these exact same 100 people if they know who Seatin or Legacy are.

    Let the factual data speak for itself, but I think we could all make logical assumptions on what the results would be.
    With all due respect, you started it. The post you're criticizing was a reply to your post:

    I really don't understand why so many people are so quick to brag for Seatin. It is confusing to me on why would someone go out of their way to brag about the accomplishs of a complete stranger?

    Don't get me wrong, congrats on the great accomplishment, but I've seen dozen of posts on forums and hundreds of brags in global on Seatins behalf and it confuses me.

    No one is saying that Seatin's accomplishments are identical to Joe Montana's. But both Seatin and Joe Montana fit the description that you claim confuses you: people who "brag on" the accomplishments of total strangers. You can't say something like "it confuses me when people brag on Seatin, a total stranger" and then say "oh but Joe Montana is fine because a lot of people watch him on TV." That's completely non-sequitor.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 9,896 Guardian

    DNA3000 said:

    Denslo500 said:

    Lagacy was having connection issues (he said so in background in Seatin video), so Seatin beat him to it.

    Why brag on Seatin?
    Why brag on Joe Montana?
    Why brag on Babe Ruth?
    Why brag on anyone who has made a major skill achievement?
    We never KNOW any of them, but we can admire the accomplishments and give them their due.
    Is it sacrilege to same Seatin with sports greats?
    e-Sports are gaining bigger crowds that regular sports.
    Time will tell.

    The fact your are seriously comparing a u-tuber for a comic based mobile game to some of the most iconic names in sports history makes me chuckle.

    Don't get me wrong, I do love this game, but comparing making videos of yourself tapping a phone screen to playing a very physical sport with 100 million people watching at a time is a very odd comparison.
    I find it surprising 4 people disagreed that major sport stars and u tubers are not a very accurate comparison. I respect other people's opinions but have a challenge for those who disagree.

    The challenge is ask 100 random strangers who Joe Montana and Babe Ruth are (exact names used in original comparison) and see how many of these people are familiar with who they are. Next, ask these exact same 100 people if they know who Seatin or Legacy are.

    Let the factual data speak for itself, but I think we could all make logical assumptions on what the results would be.
    With all due respect, you started it. The post you're criticizing was a reply to your post:

    I really don't understand why so many people are so quick to brag for Seatin. It is confusing to me on why would someone go out of their way to brag about the accomplishs of a complete stranger?

    Don't get me wrong, congrats on the great accomplishment, but I've seen dozen of posts on forums and hundreds of brags in global on Seatins behalf and it confuses me.

    No one is saying that Seatin's accomplishments are identical to Joe Montana's. But both Seatin and Joe Montana fit the description that you claim confuses you: people who "brag on" the accomplishments of total strangers. You can't say something like "it confuses me when people brag on Seatin, a total stranger" and then say "oh but Joe Montana is fine because a lot of people watch him on TV." That's completely non-sequitor.
    Best response to a logical argument ever, "you started it". I'm very impressed!
    I'm afraid I can't take credit for that, as I wasn't responding to a logical argument.
Sign In or Register to comment.