**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What should I do with my saved units?

SentryPillowSentryPillow Posts: 307 ★★★
I’ve saved around 1400 units now. I can keep building them up for some great offer or new piece of content. I could also spend a lot of them on cav crystals. I’ve done 100% v3 and v4, and will do v2 soon. Done an initial clear of act 6.1, 6.2, and 6.3 with no plans to explore it as of now. I was thinking about waiting for the featured cavs for HT or Doom and go for them. I’ve put saving for masteries on hold for now (will probably get despair and DW soon) but I have no plans to run suicides on this account. What should I do?

Comments

• I’d save them for content or masteries. If you put 1500 units in to featured cavs odds are you’re probably going to get 1 5*, will it be worth 1500 units to you? Probably not. It might be Torch, but more likely it’ll be someone you don’t need.

If you’re after Torch, maxing our despair is a very good option and a good place to put your units.

If you’re not interested in that, look into V1/2
  • SentryPillowSentryPillow Posts: 307 ★★★
    @Mauled I was definitely looking into doing 100% v2. I’m not sure how much it would cost me unit wise since I lack XL champs. I was thinking 5/65 domino and 5/65 cap could get me through. I heard cavs are the best way to grow your 5* roster so I was tempted to for those. When I first became a cav I blew around 2k units on regular cavs and pulled around 3 5* total. Haven’t bought cav crystals in a while though.
  • If you’re going to spend real money, Cavaliers will boost your roster dramatically, but unless you’re buying in volume you need a decent stretch of luck. Watch one of Seatin’s openings. He spends $200 on one of those, how often does he get a 5* worth rank 4+? Maybe one in 3?

If you’re F2P you’re most useful investments are masteries or resources to allow you through difficult content which will allow you to upgrade your roster (read: rank up gems/T2A etc.)

If you don’t need Masteries and have got through all content your next best investments are Black Friday and 4th July offers as they’re a country mile ahead of anything you can get as a player, F2P or otherwise.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Explore V2 asap
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    You might get lucky with Cav crystals but as I FTP player I've regretted it each time I've blown units on those crystals lol. Having a lot of units on hand for new content is a good thing. Act 6.4 will be coming out later this year.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    I'm a big believer in spending at least some units on Cavs, at least while you're still building up your 5* roster, but if you have masteries you want to unlock to improve your build then I would echo everyone else in saying that should be your priority first.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I'm a big believer in spending at least some units on Cavs, at least while you're still building up your 5* roster, but if you have masteries you want to unlock to improve your build then I would echo everyone else in saying that should be your priority first.

Bad advice imo. I've spend smth like 5k now on cav crystals, and didn't get any good 5*. Got a 6* champ, but it's karnak. If you're f2p player, better go with some content like variants or act 6. If you can do them without spending units, wait for unit offer or unlock some masteries. Personally not a big fan of suicides, but bleed heavy champs benefit a lot from deep wounds
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    I save all my units for special offers, basically .. :)
    Just hoard and save for really good special deals that come up that suit you .. (ie Jul 4, xmas, black friday, etc.) ...
    don't really need them otherwise .. just pretend you don't have them
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Aleor said:

DNA3000 said:

Bad advice imo. I've spend smth like 5k now on cav crystals, and didn't get any good 5*. Got a 6* champ, but it's karnak. If you're f2p player, better go with some content like variants or act 6. If you can do them without spending units, wait for unit offer or unlock some masteries. Personally not a big fan of suicides, but bleed heavy champs benefit a lot from deep wounds
    If you think the reason for not spending units on Cavs is you'll get a bad one, then to be consistent you should also advise people not to waste time grinding in the arena for 5* shards either, because you'll just get a bad one.

The only way to get good 5* champs is to open crystals and risk getting bad ones. And if you think spending units on crystals to get 5* champs is a waste, then I don't see any point spending lots of gameplay time trying to get 5* champs either.

The question isn't whether it is a good use of units, but rather if it is the best use of units. And that's situational. And that's the advice I give, and it is also the advice I generally play the game by.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Units are best spent acquiring rank up materials, which are guaranteed rewards and will bring your roster to another level. Crystals though, the rng machine is something I don’t enjoy. So I avoid as much as possible. That’s my personal opinion though.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Units should always go towards clearing content, if you don’t need units for content they should be saved to go towards July 4th/Black Friday/cyber Monday/ holiday deals.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    I use units for decent shard deals and for clearing fun and interactive content that my skill/roster can't deal with on it's merit.
  • If you’re buying crystals for growth you need to buy in volume to get anywhere to remove the RNG and luck element as much as possible. That’s going to get very expensive, if you have the money to blow fair enough, otherwise it’s a dangerous rabbit hole to get into - it reeks of the gateway to a gambling addiction
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    I'm debating to use my units on 5.3+5.4 or save them for the 15k 4th July deals
  • I'm debating to use my units on 5.3+5.4 or save them for the 15k 4th July deals

5.4 then 6.1, this year cavaliers got better offers than uncollected in july
  • UnnecessaryJB1UnnecessaryJB1 Posts: 202
    Just keep saving, one day you might be in need to use em
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    Mauled said:

I'm debating to use my units on 5.3+5.4 or save them for the 15k 4th July deals

5.4 then 6.1, this year cavaliers got better offers than uncollected in july
    How much of a difference was the UC and cavalier offers?