**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who would pay $50 for a %80 chance. Of a 4 star

Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
Is it just me or are the recent deals kinda garbage

Comments

• Nrivas7Nrivas7 Posts: 5
    I’ll probably do it for a decent science champ, all my 4 stars are trash. CapIW, Quake, Void or Thing and I’d be happy.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Vote with your dollars. If it's a crappy deal and nobody buys it, next deal will have to get adjusted.
  • Soar2878Soar2878 Posts: 143 ★★
    It's a balance between making money, and not selling everyone lots of 5/6 stars where the game isn't difficult anymore and becomes boring.
  • mr_jeff21mr_jeff21 Posts: 9
    f2p is so much easier and all deals r trash
  • Wolverine499Wolverine499 Posts: 38
    @Kabam Miike hey, are all champs included in the legendary focus bundles? Like say 5* doom?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    I don't know who would pay $50 for an 80% chance of a 4*, but I'm perfectly fine if Kabam sells it to them.

That's really no different than asking "who would spend on a game you can play for free?" The answer is "someone will, and the free to play players thank them for doing it."
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    Nrivas7 said:

I’ll probably do it for a decent science champ, all my 4 stars are trash. CapIW, Quake, Void or Thing and I’d be happy.

But there is
    DNA3000 said:

I don't know who would pay $50 for an 80% chance of a 4*, but I'm perfectly fine if Kabam sells it to them.

That's really no different than asking "who would spend on a game you can play for free?" The answer is "someone will, and the free to play players thank them for doing it."

Thats not quite the same seeing as how some people will always pay to get ahead of the competition if they have the option..im just saying they have sold guaranteed 5 stars for the same price
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It's been said many times, but it needs to be reiterated apparently. Not all Offers are for everyone. Meaning they target different demographics and people at different stages. We may not see the value in the Offer, or even the value of a 4* where we're at. That doesn't mean there aren't people who need those Resources where they're at. There's a tendency to personalize these Offers and look at it as if everyone is at our progress level. That's not really the case.
    DNA3000 said:

Thats not quite the same seeing as how some people will always pay to get ahead of the competition if they have the option..im just saying they have sold guaranteed 5 stars for the same price

That seems to be a complete non-sequitor. What difference does it make what the value of prior offers was? You literally said it yourself: some people will always pay to get ahead of the competition." Right. So regardless of the value of the offer, there's almost always someone willing to spend on it.

By definition the people buying the offer believe the value is worth their cash. Because that's what "worth it" means: you're willing to pay the price for the purchase. Conversely, the people who believe the offer is not worth it must a priori believe that the players paying aren't getting good value for their money, which is another way of saying the game isn't letting them pay their way to get ahead more than absolutely necessary.

Free to play players are not going to spend either way, so for them the best possible situation is where the cash offers contain as little value as possible while still generating enough money to keep the game going. Big whales that are buying the offers are generally perfectly fine with spending on offers - because they are spending on most offers anyway. Moderate spenders that pick and choose when to spend their cash are also perfectly fine with some offers having great value and others having poor value, because they can pick and choose which ones to spend on, and they would almost certainly rather not have every offer have great value because it would then place them in a bind on what to spend on.

At that point, 98% of all players are probably fine with it, at least fine enough that it has zero impact in their desire to continue to play the game. The other 2% are honestly in no position to demand changes.

For all the "sales brainiacs" that claim to be on the forums, so few of them realize that players complaining about the value of the offers is what's supposed to happen in a well designed free to play game monetization system. Someone claiming to be a sales expert and doesn't understand the constraints of selling power in a closed game honestly is lying about being knowledgeable about sales.
  • mdsubmdsub Posts: 180
    edited January 2020
    Simple answer......Absolutely NOT, this offer is horrible. I may consider it if it was a guaranteed 5 star but you’d still have the possibility of 3 garbage champs to chose from
  • Rerun_9Rerun_9 Posts: 109
    edited January 2020
    Hey don’t talk so bad about them. Someone in my alliance pulled a 5* Hyperion from a legendary cosmic focus crystal 😁. Just sayin’.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    For $50 I better be able to pick the 5* champ I want. Can't undertand why anybody would gamble on this one.
  • Derek2kDerek2k Posts: 108
    Whales. People who do anything to get ahead
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    The current deal is subpar...save your money for 4th of July deals
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 547 ★★★
    Idky they haven’t dropped a 5* god tier crystal for $50 many would bite that honey 🍯

Idky they haven’t dropped a 5* god tier crystal for $50 many would bite that honey 🍯

That's exactly why.
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    A lot of these deals are put out im sure with kabam knowing that not many people will buy it but using it as a benchmark to make other deals look better. I wouldnt buy this offer but would probably buy another a few days later with how bad this offer is fresh in the mind still
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Even in real life not all deals are good. And if something is overpriced, you won't buy it. I sorta like that not all deals are absolutely awesome.

On the other hand, the value of certain items varies very much. One day you can get the same item for half the price it had previous day. Which happens in real life as well, but in the game it makes people unsure of the value of offered things, simply because there is no "normal" price, since it is fluent.
  • Nrivas7Nrivas7 Posts: 5
    edited February 2020
    This deal should have been 80% chance for a 5 star and 20% chance for a 6 star.

They definitely would have sold quite a few of these.

Or lower the price of the current deal for $25.