**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What’s the point of the daily quests?

JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

I am still a new player so I only recently became strong enough to take one the expert level of daily quests(the easier half at least) Naturally I tried my luck and the result was pathetic. 450? Really? When it takes 36000 to make a T4 catalyst? This is insane. How the hell are we ever supposed to get them? With regular T4 we can at least buy them from the store for loyalty but if we need any specific T4 how the hell are we supposed to get it ? Rely on random quests and events? Like I could deal if it it gave 4500 pieces per quests. It would still be low but at least it’s doable and gives you something to aim at even if it will take a few weeks. But 450? Hell if it’s a thousand that’s ridiculous . It will take years to gather enough pieces for T4. So what is even the point of these daily expert quests ?

Comments

• LazuliLazuli Posts: 94
    edited January 2020
    You can get t4 class fragments from the glory store too. 3,600 of a random class everyday is offered for 150 glory, and then there’s also the greater glory crystals which give out 7,200 class fragments. The crystals are of a random class so there’s still some luck involved but they’re cheaper than they used to be and worth it for early players imo. (but yeah the daily quests do suck)
  • Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 618 ★★
    These daily quests are all about the grind, yes it's "low" reward, but it's also low effort (auto playable for many summoners)
    For best results, if you're looking to grind for T4 Class, make sure you 100% the event. You can also re-run it and get extra shards. It's worth it if you're close to fully forming a particular catalyst of need.
    Personally, I only run these after I'm done with the EQ and any progression i want to do that day/week.month etc,
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    I used to run these, but most classes of T4CC i have now more than i can handle in my back stash. These quests are meant for lower-level players, or players that just need a few fragments of a specific class.

There are many places to get T4CC, including but not limited to:
    Alliance AQ Rewards - This is the bread & butter right here. Map 5-7 crystals can give out these shards. Run AQ for 2~ish months you should start seeing a good flow of T4CC (among other great rewards)
    Glory Store - can get specific fragments, or crystals with fragments (IMO your glory is better spent on T2A/T5B/potions though)
    Black Market Iso Store - Trade in 3xt4b for 1xt4cc (strongly recommend against this)
    Monthly EQ - Most levels of difficulties has some number of fragments or a whole t4cc upon completion/exploration
    Story Mode/Special Quests/Side Quests - They are riddled throughout these modes. check out the individual quest rewards, chaper, and act rewards
    Dungeons - Not a viable source, but with enough rooms completed on certain levels, you can obtain shards. Also shards from milestones
    Daily Proving Grounds - Not ideal for the amount earned vs amount of energy cost, but if it's the end of the month, no other content to run and you need that specific class, eh heck whynot?
    Selling lower level CC - the exchange rate isn't ideal, and I wouldnt do this unless you have lower catalysts nearing expiration in the stash
    Purchase $$ Bundles - and there's always this option, when it comes available

Think that about covers most of the areas. So when you hit all the above in a month's time, you should be well underway of building up the T4CC stockpile.
  • Focus your efforts on AQ. Make sure you’ve got a decent 3 champs that can run Map 3-4 comfortably. Across a week you’ll be able to buy at least one T4B and probably get a reasonable chunk of T4CC.

The only daily that’s really worth it is the T3B and if you’re in a pinch, T3CC.

Try get yourself a bleed/poison immune, damage dealer and perhaps a regen champ to work into your AQ team and it’ll pay dividends. There are a fair few alliances floating about that have a mix of veterans who are happy to take keen up and coming players - look for one of them to help boost your AQ score.
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    Daily quests become irrelevant once you hit an alliance doing map 4+
  • GrieferMadnessGrieferMadness Posts: 109
    The first run (completion) is lower, but finish exploring that quest and you'll get around 1100 more shards.

To answer your broader question, these quests came out maybe 1.5 years ago, before T4CC was as abundant as it is now. These used to be essential grinding for me during the months-long buildup to take my first or second 5* to rank 4. The paths were longer then too -- 70 energy each, but they got shortened at some point. The rewards certainly don't stack up to our other means of gaining T4CC these days. But I still run it once a weak for my lowest class when there's nothing better to use energy on.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    The t4cc daily quests are useless once you get into higher performing AQ maps. Otherwise those are just a tease for lower level players. Lower level players should concentrate on getting r4 4*s that will help you through map 4s and will eventually get those t4ccs. It's slow at first, but once you get going, those will start coming quick!

For t3 and under, the daily quests are still relevant, no matter what level you're at. 5* upgrades still need t3ccs. I keep my stashes full on t1 through t3 and basically use those for the level up event. When I'm finished with EQ, I use my energies to restock, unless there's a side quest or something worthwhile.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    If you keep playing you'll eventually have more T4cc than you know what to do with. I've got 162 unopened crystals and thousands of frag crystals. But you are right that the daily quest is useless.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    It's mostly a proactive contribution. If you do them daily, they add up and contribute overall. They're also useful if you need to top one off.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    JessieS said:

I am still a new player so I only recently became strong enough to take one the expert level of daily quests(the easier half at least) Naturally I tried my luck and the result was pathetic. 450? Really? When it takes 36000 to make a T4 catalyst? This is insane. How the hell are we ever supposed to get them? With regular T4 we can at least buy them from the store for loyalty but if we need any specific T4 how the hell are we supposed to get it ? Rely on random quests and events? Like I could deal if it it gave 4500 pieces per quests. It would still be low but at least it’s doable and gives you something to aim at even if it will take a few weeks. But 450? Hell if it’s a thousand that’s ridiculous . It will take years to gather enough pieces for T4. So what is even the point of these daily expert quests ?

Two full runs is I believe 1550 fragments total. It takes 36000 fragments to make a T4CC so the long term earning rate for this event is 9300 per week (six days) or about 37,200 per month. That's the equivalent of about a full T4CC per month. Of course most people aren't going to be doing this daily, but still that's the maximum earning rate within that quest.

What's the point? The point is to give players options, and keep in mind that players are free to do more than one thing. If you look at any one thing, the earning rate is not great. If you only focus on glory or only on map crystals or only on quest crystals the earning rates are low. But the game is designed around players doing more than one thing and receiving cumulative rewards over time.

Even I sometimes do this thing, even though I have a huge amount of unopened T4CC crystals. Sometimes I have extra energy and nothing else to burn it on. Sometimes I would rather slowly grind out some fragments rather than open crystals because I'm already maxed on some classes and don't want the extras to go into overflow.

And if you think that event is pointless, I should point out that it wasn't all that long ago when that event was one of the only practical sources for T4CC for most players, and it actually used to reward 1020 fragments for two full runs (per class) rather than 1550. T4CC didn't become more available by just handing out class catalysts, they became more available by slowly increasing their availability in the places they were awarded while adding new sources also slowly over time. This event is just one of many sources for T4CC, and while there are better sources as I said, the game doesn't force you to pick only one. You can do as many as you want, or ignore as many as you want. The nice thing about options is you can choose them or choose to ignore them. That's what makes them options.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    It's an attempt at keeping us sufficiently satiated upon monthly EQ completion by giving us a habit-forming way to grind for short-lived dopamine boosts
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    These have been out of date since inception.
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

I used to run these, but most classes of T4CC i have now more than i can handle in my back stash. These quests are meant for lower-level players, or players that just need a few fragments of a specific class.

There are many places to get T4CC, including but not limited to:
    Alliance AQ Rewards - This is the bread & butter right here. Map 5-7 crystals can give out these shards. Run AQ for 2~ish months you should start seeing a good flow of T4CC (among other great rewards)
    Glory Store - can get specific fragments, or crystals with fragments (IMO your glory is better spent on T2A/T5B/potions though)
    Black Market Iso Store - Trade in 3xt4b for 1xt4cc (strongly recommend against this)
    Monthly EQ - Most levels of difficulties has some number of fragments or a whole t4cc upon completion/exploration
    Story Mode/Special Quests/Side Quests - They are riddled throughout these modes. check out the individual quest rewards, chaper, and act rewards
    Dungeons - Not a viable source, but with enough rooms completed on certain levels, you can obtain shards. Also shards from milestones
    Daily Proving Grounds - Not ideal for the amount earned vs amount of energy cost, but if it's the end of the month, no other content to run and you need that specific class, eh heck whynot?
    Selling lower level CC - the exchange rate isn't ideal, and I wouldnt do this unless you have lower catalysts nearing expiration in the stash
    Purchase $$ Bundles - and there's always this option, when it comes available

Think that about covers most of the areas. So when you hit all the above in a month's time, you should be well underway of building up the T4CC stockpile.

Thanks for the great explanations ! Yeah my alliance used to do map 3 quests but things got screwed up an now we are back at map 2. I am hoping that we get back to map 3 and maybe even map 4 it I am guessing it will be awhile

Monthly EQ is like the Squirell Girl quest right?