**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Just a quick vent about this month.

Everyone's raving about how great the acorn event was. I thought it was terrible. Master level gave paltry rewards, Epic was way to tough as I don't have a roster of 5/65 champs. I know I'm in the minority but I thought it stunk. Just my opinion though. If you liked it that's cool, I just had to vent, now I feel better, hehe.

Comments

• Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    i think you are partly right. some of it i would like return in some capacity but i think the event is overrated compared to how much some people love it (most of the ones who love it are likely the ones who had no issues completing epic on a regular basis). i did make it to a million but barely (i have 89K left over) and the only reason is I decided to 100% uncollected. Thankfully uncollected was "normal" challenge this month otherwise I wouldn't have made it to a million acorn. I didn't touch epic once as I thought it was ridiculous for a daily quest. I don't mind spending some health and revives on something but not something that runs every day.
  • Options
    _Reef_Reef Posts: 265
    I got 650k by 100% normal thru master EQ, epic side quest 3-4 fights (6k-8k) per entry. Didnt 100% any uncollected, Didnt go od in arenas, it was fair, not great tho. Alot of rewards tbh
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I didnt like the acorn event for another reason, rewards and difficulty are great imo. I just kinda wished that it was an infinite mode like dungeons but for solo players
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I am normally one who is extremely sensitive to what I feel is the biggest problem in this game: the inability to consistently do the hardest content unless you have the 12-20 characters we all know.

But I am gonna defend this particular event, because it wasn't like that.

On any given day, I was taking characters like Annihilus and Kingpin in there for Epic, at basically the 4/55 level.

I am not saying that Epic was easy. It was challenging for those later fights.

But you didn't need 5/65s to do a lot of it. Because I was doing it with characters who weren't at that level on my roster.

I am not someone who tells people to "git gud" -- that doesn't help anyone.

But this month was as much about roster management and depth, understanding nodes and skill, as it was sheer roster power
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    I actually kinda liked it. Did couple of runs with my r5 team (hype, km, rulk, domino, sentinel), and got to 1 mil pretty fast. Rewards are not impressive. I also used some 4/55 champs just for fun, and it's doable with those, especially with good ones. As you may see, my team isn't above god tier. Mostly used domino for the first fight only. And still have 54 baskets left.
  • Options
    NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    You could get arouond 480,000 acorns by doing master everyday.
    It's almost 1/2 to objective.

That's what I did. I did one shot at epic, and, since I'm kinda lazy, did master the rest of the event.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    As a beginner it was very helpful. Got my 1st 4* a few days from starting my account.
  • Options
    SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    You don't need a roster of 5/65 to do epic.
    I personally did 5-6 fights with my team of 5/50s and 4/40s and then quit. It was a really good event imo
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

jdrum663 said:

Everyone's raving about how great the acorn event was. I thought it was terrible. Master level gave paltry rewards, Epic was way to tough as I don't have a roster of 5/65 champs. I know I'm in the minority but I thought it stunk. Just my opinion though. If you liked it that's cool, I just had to vent, now I feel better, hehe.

1. The rewards were actually pretty good at all tiers, even if they weren't what everyone thought they deserved.

2. Uncollected players - who were the only ones who could spend one million acorns and thus the only ones who could even realistically benefit from doing the Epic difficulty side quest - didn't actually need to complete the Epic side quest to reach one million acorns. It was possible to reach one million doing only the first six fights, and sometimes less, in the Epic side quest and it was also possible to reach one million doing nothing but the Master level side quest. I did the calculations when the event first launched here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/177360/epic-side-quest-too-difficult-you-dont-need-to-do-it-to-reach-one-million and others repeated variations of that idea throughout the month.
    I've got 158K extra acorns and 64 baskets, and I didn't always do the last 2 fights in Epic. I'd say 1 million was very attainable.
  • Options
    jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    I appreciate the comments, wasn't really expecting any. I just needed to vent. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    i thought the rewards and the event in general was very satisfying. The range of diffirent resources earned was fantastic. The acorn store, objectives and monthy quest were in my opinion above average in terms of the rewards we usually recieve. I was very pleased
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Considering you can get pretty much all the rewards without needing to get deep into epic that argument is somewhat invalid
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    I did epic some days; but usually didn't get past fight six. Often less far, when there was a MODOK in the way...

The fact you kept the rewards from the fights you completed made this event work really well, for me; and the overall rewards from the Acorn store and the milestones (5* Mystic AG for either Dr Doom or Dr Voodoo) were really good for someone at my level; which is comfortably Uncollected, but not Cavalier. I say nice work, Kabam!
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 791 ★★★
    The zero energy, not needing to finish and just general availability of acorns made it worthwhile and I felt the rewards were fair. However, I felt the epic runs were a bit time-consuming and fairly difficult. However, I have to admit that time was front-weighted. I got my 1m acorns and haven't done epic for a couple weeks so the average time over a month wasn't bad.
  • Options
    ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★
    Some of this has been said, however, I think it is worth repeating.
    1. No Energy Cost
    2. 2 million acorns available total, only 1 million needed to spend
    3. That I can remember there hasn't been a single event like this where you could choose exactly how you wanted to get to the goal. Normally events are so narrowly created that there is only 1 way to get everything you need to complete the event.
    4. I am not the most skilled at this game and I was able to get 5 to 7 fights on Epic without using tons of resources. I used some health boosts because I had overflow, but that was about it.

While this might not have been the event for everyone, and like others have said if someone is really struggling with the content they may not be ready for that level of it, I do not recall an event that was ever as balanced and obtainable in my time playing this game. I am very grateful for this event and hope for more like it.