**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Omega red hitting into block bug

When using Omega Red, while hitting into the opponents block they're able to start a combo in the middle of you hitting them, and even throw a special. I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen because this isn't an issue with other champs. Is there a bug fix coming for this? Thanks!

Comments

• LegionnaireLegionnaire Posts: 47
    Have had this happen numerous times with the opponent dex'ing back in mid 5 hit combo. Super annoying.
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    I've seen this using OR as well.
  • K3600K3600 Posts: 50
    Faced a similar issue yesterday, I was hitting into blocks and suddenly the defender attacked me.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    There is a bug post to this since april. Dont get your hopes up.
    Kabam cant or doesnt want to fix it
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Seraphion said:

The fix is easy - revert the amount of time the AI is held in a block framelock to what it used to be, or add time to it for them. It has been shown that frames have been shaved off the AI reaction time, so perhaps this is the cause.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Grindrgod said:

When using Omega Red, while hitting into the opponents block they're able to start a combo in the middle of you hitting them, and even throw a special. I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen because this isn't an issue with other champs. Is there a bug fix coming for this? Thanks!

It isn't just Omega red... it is pretty much every champ, since they changed it, and refuse to fix it for many, many, many months.
    They will close this thread, and say post in https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/131901/hitting-into-block-being-countered-by-specials-merged-threads#latest instead...

However, they haven't replied in that thread in many months. :(
  • GrindrgodGrindrgod Posts: 27
    Really makes using omega a bit risky sometimes. Especially against Modok. Hope they do something about this.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Seraphion said:

Just to add a little more to this, the April 2019 update had a change where:

- Improved on the situation where the Opponent may launch a special attack while being attacked/while blocking

and the September 2019 update had a change where:

- Made further improvements to prevent the Defender from launching a Special attack while Attacking into their block.

Attacking into a block is a critical portion of endgame gameplay. It's a big part of Masacre's and Omega Red's kit, it's often a strategy used to chip down low block proficiency champs like Dormammu or Cull Obsidian and is nearly necessary when fighting MODOK, and there's even a fight against Masacre in Abyss of Legends (where he has millions of health points) where you are forced to hit into his block to do any damage.

Please address this issue.