**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Now is the time to buff Colossus

There is still no real reason not to buff the 1 star version of Colossus. Gamora got her buff to all version of her. Why have two ways to play the same character in the game? Time to give little 1 star Piotr a buff aswell. πŸ’ͺ

Comments

• DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Didn’t realize the 1 Star version was different?
  • SvensktigerSvensktiger Posts: 103 β˜…
    Plinko said:

They said it was to not overwhelm the players with too many changes at once. Which means they didn't expect anybody to ever use the 1* Colossus again and are too lazy to change it now.

Yeah so still no real reason not to buff him and make him fun in V4 for example. Or even more fun for new players, aswell as they then would not have to relearn him and get confused when they get the 2 star one after messing around with the 1 star. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    They said it was not to overwhelm and confuse players with too many abilities..... Like lt wouldn't be confusing early on for a champ to have different abilities at different star levels.... Like it would be rare but say if someone was using a 1 star colossus then their first 2 star was a colossus they would probably think champs abilities change based on star level... Im pretty sure hes the only champ with different abilities as a 1 star then as a 2 star, thats confusing.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited February 2020

They said it was not to overwhelm and confuse players with too many abilities..... Like lt wouldn't be confusing early on for a champ to have different abilities at different star levels.... Like it would be rare but say if someone was using a 1 star colossus then their first 2 star was a colossus they would probably think champs abilities change based on star level... Im pretty sure hes the only champ with different abilities as a 1 star then as a 2 star, thats confusing.

I agree, it's more confusing to have it seperate.

I see distinct ways things go with new players ..

1) with how easy it is to pick up 4* and such nowadays (I started a 2nd account a while back, and and a 5* before completing act 2 .. *shrug* ) They're not even going to look at the 1* for any significant reason. They'll be playing with 3* and 4* VERY quickly ... I can't even fathom a new player even wasting time on the 1* .. let alone needing to understand the more complex mechanics.

2) New player (for some reason !?!) ranks up his 1* colossus because he likes him - and hasn't found a 2* or 3* yet .. gets used to playing with him ... finally gets a 3* .. and is absolutely confused on why it's different., O.o

in case 1: it's a non-issue as the confusion between different colossusl, doesn't happen (I'd wager this event is close to 99% of the cases .. if not 100%)
    in case 2: it's just MORE confusing to have them different.

*shrug*
    I definitely do NOT understand Kabam's logic here, nor do I agree with it :)
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Their logic is quite simple really...they're just lying about the logic they're applying.

Fact is, Colossus is a really good character after his buff, and they didn't want people to cruise through V4 with him as a 1*.

I'll call it right now, once they feel enough players have explored V4, they'll suddenly decide it makes more sense to buff the 1* version as well, rather than having two different versions.
  • Ibrah10Ibrah10 Posts: 8 β˜…
    Most 1* don’t have their abilities. Why do people act like kabam being dodgey with colossus? Look at Scarlet Witch
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 β˜…β˜…
    Ibrah10 said:

Most 1* don’t have their abilities. Why do people act like kabam being dodgey with colossus? Look at Scarlet Witch

Errr, what do you mean with SW?!
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    in reality, who cares about 1* colossus?
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Ibrah10 said:

None of them have their awakened abilities but they all have their normal abilities, sw included
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 734 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    @Ibrah10 1* dont get sig abilities but everything else is the same. Except for Colossus as his abilities change completely
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 β˜…β˜…β˜…

in reality, who cares about 1* colossus?

Those doing V4 care a lot actually
  • SvensktigerSvensktiger Posts: 103 β˜…
    Yeah i would love him in his buffed state for V4.. And who knows more 1 star content might come in the future? So we need to stand united in questions like these! ✊
  • Hey guys, we've already stated HERE that we won't be updating the 1-Star version of Colossus.

In future, I recommend using the Forum Search function to find previous discussions about the same topic before creating a new one. The Search tool can be found at the right-hand-side of every Forum page.

To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this discussion.
This discussion has been closed.