**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Best way to farm 6 star shards

Just curious what the most effective way to procure 6 star shards.. I have around 275 which is ridiculous. Am i missing something??!

Comments

• zarcorzarcor Posts: 28
    Do UC EQ, dup 5*, AW (T3 and above), Feature 5* arena, buy the offers that includes 6* shards
  • LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 355 ★★
    @zarcor i only have 11 five star champs at the moment, with the down time after fights would i be able to grind for at least the first 6* shard milestone.. or will i not even come close ?
    ALSO I can 100% complete master quests but certain buffs are difficult. should i rank 5 some 5 stars before even considering going for a 6*
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    @LeoGnarleyardo money

Without that, it is a slowwww grind to get them, takes beating some of the best content in the game, like the uncollected monthly quests or the mid monthly quests. Or dupe a 5*
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    @zarcor i only have 11 five star champs at the moment, with the down time after fights would i be able to grind for at least the first 6* shard milestone.. or will i not even come close ?
    ALSO I can 100% complete master quests but certain buffs are difficult. should i rank 5 some 5 stars before even considering going for a 6*

Master isn't a cakewalk and you only have 11 5 star champs...6 stars aren't meant for your roster. You're not at the stage (IMO) where a 6 star should be obtainable.

Definitely don't need 5 star champs at rank 5 before you get your first 6 star, but you should at least be able to clear uncollected (even if it means you have to throw some items at it). Even then, it's going to be months (I think 4) of having to 100% explore uncollected (if you don't get 6* shards from arena).
    @Cranmer00 alright thanks for that advice.. so id basically be better off pretending 6 stars dont exist lol
    @TheLegend27 cheers man thanks for that advice.. veteran opinions mean alot to me
  • zarcorzarcor Posts: 28
    @LeoGnarleyardo you can but i don't recommend it (too much time and units)

You can complete story mode, ACT 5 gives you (if i remember correctly) enough for a 6*

For your roster don´t worry about them now, focus in 5*

• TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    If you have time for arena, getting top 10% which is probably 12.5-13m nowadays 2x a week will get you 4K 5* shards and 400 6* weekly. For your roster now the 5* shards will help expand your team and over a month that gives about the same amount of 6* shards as UC difficulty (16k 5* shards too).

If 12.5-13m is too much 2x a week - 6.5-7m should get you half the rewards
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    @Cranmer00 alright thanks for that advice.. so id basically be better off pretending 6 stars dont exist lol

It is more correct to say that trying for them directly is probably too far of a single leap forward. You should be trying to become uncollected first, then trying to build up to completing uncollected on the easiest path, then trying to be able to fully complete uncollected, then think about building up your 6* roster. Because one of the two best ways to get 6* champions are buried within those goals. Fully completing uncollected gets you 1/4 of a 6* champ per month. Besides that, slowly accumulating 5* champs and using them to grind in the 5* featured arena is the other best way, because you directly get shards but more importantly you begin duping 5* champs by acquiring 5* shards.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Don’t worry, you’ll have 4 or 5 useless six stars sitting on the bench before you know it. 😉
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    It's definitely a slow process. I only have 1350, and I'm not exactly a low teir player. If you can't explore or complete the entire uncollected eq, at least explore the first act and do one run of the 2nd. Thats whative been trying to do at a minimum. Sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't. I hope my first 6* is real good because it'll take less time for my 2nd one if so.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    It’s also important to remember that few 6*’s are actually very useful out of the box. There are exceptions—Corvus, Domino, CMM, Sunspot, even lower tier champs like AngelaVtD and synergy champs like Heimdall.

But for the most part, getting that first one is bound to disappoint a little if it’s one of the countless champs that needs to be awakened. Examples would include Namor, OR, Void, Aegon—all great champs that rely heavily on being duped (and in some cases, at a very high level).

The L200 6* champs you see on profiles are for players who have committed incredible resources towards the game (various combinations of time, money & effort). Max 6*’s are very dear and hard to come by.

So strive for a 6*, but don’t make opening a 6* crystal a make or break event. Just think of it as getting a R4 5* champ from a crystal and don’t stress about what it winds up being. Most of mine (16) are functionally useless.

Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    As an example of the disappointment inherent in the 6* pool, here’s a pull of mine from today. He’s a champ who is the perennial MCoC meme, the classic 6* pull joke—as in “so long as it isn’t him”, fingers and toes crossed—across nearly all alliances.

His “effectiveness” is legendary...allow me to present:

So...cautionary tale, before you or anyone else gets excited about a 6* crystal. Lunkers like this one are lurking everywhere.

Dr. Zola
  • how do you get 6 stars before getting uncollected
    ive completed 5.1.6 and hv 7450 6 star shards
    correct me if im wrong but shudnt collecting 2650 shards easy to get within 2-3 months???
  • Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 906 ★★★
    You should definitely be focusing on your 5* roster rather than thinking about your first 6* champ. Your 5*'s are what will help you get through majority (if not all) of the first 6 acts, variant quests, EQs...etc...
    And in the process of doing all these things, you will start accumulating 6* shards.
    The best in-game goals you can give yourself are content completion goals. Don't aim to get a 6*, because I guarantee you will be disappointed. I have 9 6*'s and I only use 2 of them, because my 5*'s are so much better than the rest of my 6*'s.
  • Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 906 ★★★
    Wait, I just realised this thread is a over 2 years old, why was it revived?
  • AhmadanAhmadan Posts: 3
    If u want 6 star crystals 100% explore act 5
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,890 ★★★★★
    What was the point of this necro