**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mystique Character Discussion

2»

Comments

• PrezRio4PrezRio4 Posts: 84
    edited February 2020
    DjinAF said:

If changing her character model to other character is difficult then don't do it.

You can make her hand to shape-shift and form different weapons like pistols, swords etc.
    I mean for heavy attack she makes a knife.
    For block she makes a shield.
    Her special attacks can have different kind of weapons.

She could possibly have the best looking animations in the whole game.

I like this one. She doesn't need to be transformed every time.

An easier way to implement this abilitie could be only during the sp3 animation. Maybe she could copy physically the opponent, confusing him and take advantage of that to hit them. Finally returning to her habitual form at the end of the animation.

It is resource-consuming but much less than playing with the opponent appearence. I dont know, just an idea.
  • jonzerjonzer Posts: 161
    For synergies though. I haven't read many comics with mystique in them so I don't know too many possible synergies, but what I get is from the very few I have read or from the movies.

Beast (friends)
    Magneto (Romance)
    Prof. X (if they come out with him) (family)
    Those of you on here who knows a lot more on X men, Are those Accurate? Correct me if im wrong.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,722 ★★★★★

Mystique may be the most requested Champion out there, but we haven't found a way to implement her that does justice with the technical limitations of Mobile Devices. For instance, allowing her to transform into Different Champions is very difficult, and could cause issues on many older/lower-end devices. Loading up Character Models is no easy feat for some Mobile Devices, and the more your Device is asked to load, the worse that strain is. Adding Ghost Rider's Motorcycle was one of the most impressive things that our team had done at the time!

We also hear that she could copy buffs/abilities of the other Champion, but that isn't very true to the source material. While we do have the ability to take some creative liberties here, that one personally just doesn't seem right to me... Besides, Rogue already does that in the Mutant Class!

I'm very interested to hear how you like to see Mystique work in-game.

I feel like the pre fight ability system was made for mystique you can implement it in do many ways into her abilities idk where but somewhere
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Since she can't copy powers, she should still take advantage of her shape shifting to form powerful melee weapons like large pistons that armor break during her heavy attack and various stabbing weapons, talons/claws to stack bleeds during specials. We're already seeing similar features with shape-shifting weapons thanks to IMIW, Carnage, etc.

An alternative is to limit her shape-shifting to champs that are physical attackers (Colossus, Hulk, Juggs, Beast, Sabertooth, Wolverine, X-23, etc) during her specials to either inflict armor break and bleeds.

Her physical resistance should be really high since she could change her outward appearance to stone or metal form to use it as a variant of tenacity to counter bleed as well as while blocking. Also her natural dexterity is easily a powerful evade champ and her metabolism can give her a high resistance to poison. Couple that with some Fury and cruelty buffs with a passive burst of regen and she could still be a fantastic champ even if we're still limited due to various hardware/software restraints.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    edited February 2020

Mystique may be the most requested Champion out there, but we haven't found a way to implement her that does justice with the technical limitations of Mobile Devices. For instance, allowing her to transform into Different Champions is very difficult, and could cause issues on many older/lower-end devices. Loading up Character Models is no easy feat for some Mobile Devices, and the more your Device is asked to load, the worse that strain is. Adding Ghost Rider's Motorcycle was one of the most impressive things that our team had done at the time!

We also hear that she could copy buffs/abilities of the other Champion, but that isn't very true to the source material. While we do have the ability to take some creative liberties here, that one personally just doesn't seem right to me... Besides, Rogue already does that in the Mutant Class!

Hear me out on this one:

Some kind of ability similar to Taskmaster's Exploit Weakness (due to her vast fighting experience) where she gains evade or deals more damage based off countering opponents moves.

From the Wiki on her powers:
    Wiki said:

Metamorphic Adaptation: After her first enhancement Mystique showed the ability to adapt her body depending on her situation at the time. She was able to camouflage her body according to her surroundings, shift her organs into her lower extremities, and mimic the textures of metals (when she took on the form of Magneto and his helmet). She also clearly stated that she was always naked and simply made her skin look and feel like other materials to fool others.

could give her some dot debuff shrugging ability similar to ghost's when she phases
    Wiki said:

Enhanced Physical Attributes: Able to enhance her strength, speed, agility, durability, reflexes, and senses.

Buffs triggered by either Heavy or SP3
    Wiki said:

Accelerated Healing: Mystique's nature allows her to repair wounds and regenerate herself from minor to near death injuries in a short span of time, much faster than an ordinary human. She is capable of retaining a mimicked form even when drugged[97] or knocked unconscious.[98]

Regen, obvious since she's a mutant.
    Wiki said:

Toxin & Disease Resistance: She has also developed a resistance and immunity to toxins and diseases.

Poison immunity (possibly degen immunity?)
    Wiki said:

Psychic Defense: Mystique's nature also provides her with a natural defense against telepathic intrusion.

Immune to control reversal.

I think that her Sp1/SP2 could have some of her body shape shifting into weapons to cause bleed/armor break and her SP3 should be like Taskmasters where it's a mash-up of other champs SP3 but with hers she actually takes their form as she does their moves. (also this could trigger her buffs).
    In addition to what I said, her pre-fight ability could be where she stores the "learnings" gained from previous battles (evade SP1, SP2, Enhanced damage ETC) like an improved taskmaster.
  • jonzerjonzer Posts: 161
    That's a good idea. But did u mean for her special 3 she changes into a dif champ or bunch of dif champs and performs off that?
    edited February 2020
    If you watch Taskmaster's Special 3, he does animations of Moon Knight, OG Captain America and I think Black Panther. Mystique could do something like this but while she's performing their moves she would turn into that character (just for the SP3 animation).

I'm not saying those characters specifically. If I were Kabam I would have her SP3 animation be that of characters she copies often in the comic (definitely Logan and maybe Jean or Rogue).
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    edited February 2020

My 2 cents:
    Depending on the version of her, her abilities could go on. But I'm focusing on what I consider base (mostly in the movies).

- She's able to shapeshift in source material, it'd be nice to have it in game.
    ■ How: She could have a blurred/phasing/covered in bubble or some mechanics that depicts she has shape-shifted.

◇ This ability shouldn't copy buffs or share debuffs, like you said, not entirely accuracy to source material.
    However, it's shocking/surprising to see someone just changed from one person to another or be deceived by someone who isn't who they are. Shocked/surprised or deceived, you're not able to fully carry out your will.
    This mechanism [deceived/surprised] can allow her to
    ☆ tank specials or hits and/or
    ☆ reduce or be immune to passive and or debuffs and/or
    ☆ reduce agility accuracy. If you want, make her the first to apply AAR to those even immune to it 😂, the team can figure it out [a passive debuff to overturns all immunity to AAR] and/or
    ☆ regeneration, as she's able to rejuvenate cells and manipulate it and/or
    ☆ evade mechanism since shapeshifting ability makes her cunning

- She is highly skilled, with many years of experience.
    ◇ Ability wise: Some serious crit damage. Give her a pistol to use in one of her specials and let it Bleed, if immune degen. Evade and autoblock counter.

- Prefight [Her long life has given her abundant knowledge]
    ◇Ability wise: could be gathering the classes she defeats in this feature and persistent charge[s]
    ☆ Any class she defeats give her class advantage if she faces that class again (if you choose to use the persistent charge or not) and/or
    ☆ She could start in her shape-shifting form or actual self.

Was thinking about other mechanics don't know how this even sounds. Lol.

She looks like one of those champs that will have forms like Ghost, Emma Frost, Invisible Woman. But PLEASE don't chooooooose the latter IW, she's annoying to use. Whatever you with her, don't kill her or make her "unfun" to use.
  • ClashyKnightClashyKnight Posts: 59
    edited February 2020
    What if she was able to scan the champion for a period of time and then make herself look like a familiar face. The opposing champ suffers a decrease in critical hit ratio, lowered ability accuracy, and a percentage of the attacks can miss because they restrain themselves from fighting their fake friend friend or "weakness." That would walk away from the copying abilities idea and it would still work being true to the character. Not sure if this would work with the mobile issue, but I think if it was incorporated the right way, it would be a good route to go. Nice defense overall.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★

For instance, allowing her to transform into Different Champions is very difficult, and could cause issues on many older/lower-end devices. Loading up Character Models is no easy feat for some Mobile Devices, and the more your Device is asked to load, the worse that strain is. Adding Ghost Rider's Motorcycle was one of the most impressive things that our team had done at the time!

This is Mystique according to wikia...(a short one)

-Metamorph: Mystique can psionically alter the formation of her biological cells at will. As a result, she can cause herself to look and sound like an exact duplicate of any human, humanoid, or semi-humanoid being of any sex, wearing virtually any kind of clothing. Her control is so exact that she can precisely duplicate another person's retina pattern in her own eyes, finger, palm and skin-pore patterns on her own hands and skin, smell to overlap the original being, and vocal cords to match voices to the point of corresponding voice prints.

-Metamorphic Adaptation: After her first enhancement Mystique showed the ability to adapt her body depending on her situation at the time. She was able to camouflage her body according to her surroundings, shift her organs into her lower extremities, and mimic the textures of metals (when she took on the form of Magneto and his helmet). She also clearly stated that she was always naked and simply made her skin look and feel like other materials to fool others.

-Enhanced Physical Attributes: Able to enhance her strength, speed, agility, durability, reflexes, and senses.

-Accelerated Healing: Mystique's nature allows her to repair wounds and regenerate herself from minor to near death injuries in a short span of time, much faster than an ordinary human. She is capable of retaining a mimicked form even when drugged or knocked unconscious.

-Toxin & Disease Resistance: She has also developed a resistance and immunity to toxins and diseases.

-**** Aging: Her metamorphic powers have **** the degenerative effects of aging. She has always had this ability even before her enhancement; she is either close to or over one hundred years old.

-Psychic Defense: Mystique's nature also provides her with a natural defense against telepathic intrusion.

The problem is that people wich to have a copycat like mutant that have the same abilities and powers as the original(Rogue can do that).
    This is not what she is, she does not copy the powers, only the look.
    She have her own fighting/healing/immunities.

So, what I think is, a champ, with her own set of moves/sp who can have the appearence of another champ.

Great fighter, with healing factor, some poison immunity and resistant to psychic control. (Emma frost, reverse control node, a future Prof X, etc...)

A suggestion, (I don't know if it's possible), pre-flight ability where you can pick one of the 6 class. Then, the fight load, and you have the skin of a random champ from the class you chose. I guess it's easier to load only the skin and not the abilities.

Let's say I fight Magneto, I pick Tech class, get in fight as random Tech champ, and, get the class adavntage, but, with Mystique own set of animation/power/sp.
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 945 ★★★
    Ok Even though she can shapeshift to other Charecters, She can't just Copy the Abilities....
    This is how I see her :-
    Increased Crit/Phy/Energy Resistance...
    Buffs she can gain:- Fury, Cruelty, Precision (Basic Attacks), Regen(Maybe After SPs)
    Debuff she can inflict:- Confusion, Stun, Heal Block
    Immunity:- Poison, Inverted Controls,
  • 1toxic_cupcake1toxic_cupcake Posts: 95
    edited January 2023
    so, the year 2023 has come, the 8th year of the game's existence. The question of the character Mystique still remains open. We all know that kabam couldn't implement it before because they referred to the fact that it would break the game. Now we have stepped far into the progress of the game, and we already have characters with morphing, for example, an absorbing man. After all, his model is transformed during the battle. The sentry turns into a Void and back, and the technique of strikers, even more so, replaces one champion on the screen with another for a moment... Maybe there is already an opportunity to finally add this cult champion to the game, provided that she does not change her attacks and abilities during transformation. Kabam, can you still give hope for her release as for the release of Jessica Jones? And at the same time , along with Mystique and the second member of Team X . Morph (Kevin Sydney)?
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Cool idea but why the necro
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

Cool idea but why the necro

Because someone didn't pay attention to the lesson of Pet Sematary.