**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Is this even logical?

2»

Comments

• CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
    The same way gr can be incenarated
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    DNA3000 said:

I suppose I should state explicitly that while there are flags that determine if an attack is a "projectile" for the purposes of effects like Parry, there are separate design elements that determine if an attack behaves like a projectile for the purposes of determining if it hits, and it would be mostly confusing to discuss both simultaneously when one wasn't relevant.

It is for the same reason that I've adjusted my language to say "there's no such thing as a Passive Debuff" even though the game literally has a tag called "Passive_Debuff" because that can only confuse players. It is better if people are told that there are Passives and there are Debuffs and there's no intersection between the two, even though technically this is a lie. It is an extremely important simplification (otherwise, I would have to explain that PassiveDebuffs are neither Passives nor Debuffs).

Anyone aware of the implementation details would understand that simplification is necessary here, unless you want to spend dozens of pages explaining very deep mechanics before talking about whether an attack hits like a melee attack and is affected by strike back mechanics or hits like a projectile and generally (but not always) behaves as it it had more than melee range.

Um read DD (classic)’s signature ability, take a sig 99 and block Maw, Havok, Yondu, Domino and let me know if what you’re saying about this makes any sense afterwards.

*Alternatively fight an Electro with those champs and report back. Thread relevant.

** And finally there is this (you might recognize them name) from him poking around in the game files.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/b88d5k/what_changes_in_the_game_have_you_noticed_after
  • HedronHedron Posts: 359
    edited January 2020
    Even human torch is getting that static shock damage
    All of his attacks are energy based
  • Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    I would also like to bring up one thing. If Domino’s first light attack and second hit of the first medium uses a pistol that causes a non contact hit, then why isn’t it the same for Nick?
  • DarkZenDarkZen Posts: 285
    Psylocke uses a Katana but does not inflict bleed. Go figure
    DarkZen said:

Psylocke uses a Katana but does not inflict bleed. Go figure

Seems like the same situation here except it’s guns
  • StellanStellan Posts: 322 ★★
    Do you think it makes sense that a dude is constantly burning without issues? That another guy is made of rocks? Or perhaps the dude that flies on a surfboard through the cosmos at lightspeed while smashing you into a star?

No, it doesn't make sense according to realistic logic. Why? Because its FICTION.
    Stellan said:

Do you think it makes sense that a dude is constantly burning without issues? That another guy is made of rocks? Or perhaps the dude that flies on a surfboard through the cosmos at lightspeed while smashing you into a star?

No, it doesn't make sense according to realistic logic. Why? Because its FICTION.

We aren’t talking about immunities don’t bring that here.....