**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

IS BEING CONQUEROR A JOKE? [ TAKE A LOOK AT POST IT WONT DISAPPOINT U]

2»

Comments

• Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

To start with, YES BEING CONQUEROR IS A JOKE

Background:
    Maestro was not a very challenging opponent, I was able to take his down in a single shot with my 3* havok and now with the 10 days sigil trial becoming a conqueror is easier than ever (as u can easily get 4* champs)
    kabam being well aware of this fact has merged the contenders and conquerors in a. Single bracket and both of them have a same calender, same rewards when they have special calendars etc.
    EVERYTHING SEEMS PERFECT( KABAM'S MERGING IS ALSO JUSTIFIED)

WHERE THE PROBLEM ARISES:
    Becoming a conqueror is not challenge but progressing from there on is for sure a challenge, for becoming uncollected conquerors do need atleast 1 five star champ, but with contenders calender they are not able to get any five star shrads. So the only ways left to get five star champs are:

1) through ally war ( good amounts of shrads but u have to wait a whole season)
    2) event quest exploration( u get 1000 shrads by heroic exploration , although master gives 2500 shrads but master exploration is too hard for these conquerors kept in contender bracket)

WHAT ENDGAMERS SAY: we have become uncollected with a four star team even without God tiers
    WHAT I THINK: they totally make a point but:
    1) the calender has been made progression based recently
    2) new champs have been buffed and are now total headache ( spider Gwen for example)

SO WHAT DO I SUGGEST:
    I am not going to say that simply introduce a new calender for conquerors, NO
    Following are my suggestions:
    1) make maestro fight harder
    2) add some new nodes in act 4
    THESE CHANGES WILL MAKE ACT 4 WORTH IT.
    AND THEN U CAN INTRODUCE A NEW CALENDER FOR CONQUERORS

BUT IF U CANT DO AFOREMENTIONED THINGS:
    Introduce a new difficulty in EQ which will be between heroic and master
    WHY:
    because there is a huge gap between the difficulties of heroic and master, in heroic main boss is around 5k-7k and in master the main boss is of 20k( atleast in current event) + in master opponents are allowed to use 3rd special ( although conquerors have a very little experience of baiting out specials)

IN A. NUTSHELL:
    Make conqueror harder so that conquerors are capable enough to atleast complete masters and atleast do 5.1 and also introduce separate calendar for them
    oR

Introduce a new difficulty in EQ so that conquerors can grow capable enough to explore master and become uncollected

So remember that video Dorky Dave did with the game Devs? There was a question about gold and how giving too much of it ruins the game economy and progression? Your post proves that completely. The fact you find Maestro easy now is exactly what they mean. He wasn't easy when act 4 came out, unless you had SW.

We don't need anything of what you said, you need to grow your roster through EQs and natural progression.
    They didnt answer that question at all lmao, they went on to talk about shards and catalysts and ignored the gold aspect even after dave asked them again.
  • Options
    Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    Apollo107 said:

Been playing for 3 months on my new account Gulk Buster and got uncollected a week ago, have also got 6 5*s, the progression is fine

Not that I feel there should be yet another eq for me to dump energy refills into because I dont but I do think they should either lower the difficulty or raise the rewards for the current ones.it is pretty hard for a newer player to get and rank decent 4 star champs to do master monthly and with the addition of these new champs with crazy nodes unless they somehow can beg an much stronger active alliance to take them in. That being said your post about becoming uncollected in 3 months on your new account doesnt really compare to the normal new player as this is your "new account" and you have acquired a certain amount of skill from doing content on your old one and you have the knowledge of beginner bracket being a thing which the game mentions nothing of to a new player so you will more than likely have all those new champs as well.. I believe master should either be more worth it for a player or closer to the act 4 difficulty it is supposed to mirror.. But we all know neither will happen because kabams intentions are to retain the end game spenders and leave the new players at a point where they have to buy a ton of less worthy sales for the same price as the big boys to rank lesser champs there is way too big of a difficulty gap between all difficulties but unfortunately for the poster new players are expected to deal with the changing meta set to please the old players so they cant just autobattle master
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Urkel2 said:

Apollo107 said:

Been playing for 3 months on my new account Gulk Buster and got uncollected a week ago, have also got 6 5*s, the progression is fine

Not that I feel there should be yet another eq for me to dump energy refills into because I dont but I do think they should either lower the difficulty or raise the rewards for the current ones.it is pretty hard for a newer player to get and rank decent 4 star champs to do master monthly and with the addition of these new champs with crazy nodes unless they somehow can beg an much stronger active alliance to take them in. That being said your post about becoming uncollected in 3 months on your new account doesnt really compare to the normal new player as this is your "new account" and you have acquired a certain amount of skill from doing content on your old one and you have the knowledge of beginner bracket being a thing which the game mentions nothing of to a new player so you will more than likely have all those new champs as well.. I believe master should either be more worth it for a player or closer to the act 4 difficulty it is supposed to mirror.. But we all know neither will happen because kabams intentions are to retain the end game spenders and leave the new players at a point where they have to buy a ton of less worthy sales for the same price as the big boys to rank lesser champs there is way too big of a difficulty gap between all difficulties but unfortunately for the poster new players are expected to deal with the changing meta set to please the old players so they cant just autobattle master
    Master should be above act 4 difficulty but just below act 5.2 difficulty which it hits. You are forced to fight champs with active special 3 and bosses with nodes which is a step down from act 5 but a step up from act 4. Its lanes with zero nodes attached so if you learn to bait you should clear them with 4 champs you can use against the boss. The pi starts about the same as act 4.2 and ends about the same as 5.2.4 so you aren't facing huge opponents. As far as the alliance not helping you progress fast enough. Have you looked at stronger alliances and reached out to them. There are many semi retired alliances that will take people and help them grow if you look. In the end your skills need to grow to match the content not have content reduced to match your current skill level. Reducing the skill needed and increasing rewards would actually be detrimental to a players progression in the current game and eventually make it boring for even more players as they switch to autofight on more content @Urkel2
  • Options
    Dshu said:

Urkel2 said:

Apollo107 said:

Master should be above act 4 difficulty but just below act 5.2 difficulty which it hits. You are forced to fight champs with active special 3 and bosses with nodes which is a step down from act 5 but a step up from act 4. Its lanes with zero nodes attached so if you learn to bait you should clear them with 4 champs you can use against the boss. The pi starts about the same as act 4.2 and ends about the same as 5.2.4 so you aren't facing huge opponents. As far as the alliance not helping you progress fast enough. Have you looked at stronger alliances and reached out to them. There are many semi retired alliances that will take people and help them grow if you look. In the end your skills need to grow to match the content not have content reduced to match your current skill level. Reducing the skill needed and increasing rewards would actually be detrimental to a players progression in the current game and eventually make it boring for even more players as they switch to autofight on more content @Urkel2
    This post is made by a newer player and I agree with his viewpoint.. I am actually uncollected and completing uncollected event quests.. Just because ive progressed further doesn't mean I dont understand his struggle it wouldn't hurt to make it a little easier for them at all especially since it would still take them at least 2 months to get a 5 star..and once again you say it would make it boring if you had to autobattle it but let's be honest its a boring grind even if you cant autobattle it if you are already at a point where its easy plus kabam has already announced they should have cavilier difficulty by the first half of the year so if you find it boring you could always switch to it and not get the shards it gives..all to often I see the players who are completing content dismiss the grind that it takes to get to that point it is quite the struggle for them they have a much lesser roster than you
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    So just for info that you suggest making act IV harder. It was once upon a time. But this was a problem for people as it took a lot more time and energy to complete so all the hardest fights all got dumbed down and made easier. I agree they should never have done it because this allowed people to skate through I’ll prepared.

I disagree that you need 5* to become uncollected. You don’t need 5* to get elders bane. I’m sorry but that is the truth. If you need 5* to get uncollected then you are not really ready to be working through Act V imo and having stronger champs will just move you to an easier path to Act VI which you definitely aren’t ready for.

The paths are already open enough for progression. More than ever and easier than ever. Early playerS have champs way overturned for that content which is not having them grow their skills.

Truth is the game should and does take time and effort to grow your roster and then of course your skill as well. If the game is opened up even more to give people resources at those low tier you will eventually run into the true wall that is act VI I’ll equipped roster wise and also skill wise to clear it. No roster is going to get you through the newest content though without fairly strong core mechanics for the game play.

My advice is build you skill and learn to clear the content with the champs you have in order to EARN the materials and shards for the rarity of champs you want.
  • Options
    Urkel2 said:

Dshu said:

Urkel2 said:

Apollo107 said:

This post is made by a newer player and I agree with his viewpoint.. I am actually uncollected and completing uncollected event quests.. Just because ive progressed further doesn't mean I dont understand his struggle it wouldn't hurt to make it a little easier for them at all especially since it would still take them at least 2 months to get a 5 star..and once again you say it would make it boring if you had to autobattle it but let's be honest its a boring grind even if you cant autobattle it if you are already at a point where its easy plus kabam has already announced they should have cavilier difficulty by the first half of the year so if you find it boring you could always switch to it and not get the shards it gives..all to often I see the players who are completing content dismiss the grind that it takes to get to that point it is quite the struggle for them they have a much lesser roster than you
    I never dismissed the grind. This game is all about grinding whether its story or arena. The problem with making it easier is they rely heavily on higher rarity champs with higher health and attacks. This prevents them from learning the basics needed for future content and continues this endless string of posts asking for easier difficulty or higher rewards. As far as the current content I've yet to use anything higher than a 4* for eq to make it fun and interesting. When you develop your skills the higher health pools and attacks aren't mandatory for clearing content. This isn't a brag as I've faced roadblocks in act 6 but rather than saying make it easier myself and many others work to develop the skills needed to pass these roadblocks. I hate the git gud posts on the forum. Instead I say practice and work to improve the skills you are lacking to progress. Use duel tokens and arena to learn baiting and use master for what it is. A skill development quest. @Urkel2
  • Options
    CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 955 ★★★
    In my Opinion, If you have completed Act 4, You can Pretty well Complete Master Events....
  • Options
    JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    I think you absolutely need a midway level between heroic and master just like you need another act squeezed in between 3 and 4. The difficulty takes a huge jump and you can’t really finish this without really good champions, a lot of skill and resources . And that’s ok for hardcore players but is very discouraging to casual players. And I get that this game is heavily skewed towards hardcore players and I get it but I wish they would throw casual players something as well.
  • Options
    Dshu said:

Urkel2 said:

Dshu said:

Urkel2 said:

Apollo107 said:

I never dismissed the grind. This game is all about grinding whether its story or arena. The problem with making it easier is they rely heavily on higher rarity champs with higher health and attacks. This prevents them from learning the basics needed for future content and continues this endless string of posts asking for easier difficulty or higher rewards. As far as the current content I've yet to use anything higher than a 4* for eq to make it fun and interesting. When you develop your skills the higher health pools and attacks aren't mandatory for clearing content. This isn't a brag as I've faced roadblocks in act 6 but rather than saying make it easier myself and many others work to develop the skills needed to pass these roadblocks. I hate the git gud posts on the forum. Instead I say practice and work to improve the skills you are lacking to progress. Use duel tokens and arena to learn baiting and use master for what it is. A skill development quest. @Urkel2
    You argument kind of doesnt make any sense considering all the noded bosses in event quest are new and would be pretty hard for them to find to duel and having champ with a higher health pool would make them able to take a special attack without immeadately dying And that in itself would give than a chance to live long enough to experiment without they could actually gain that skill and learn how to advance. And its already general knowledge that 4 stars are obsolete so putting them in a position where they can only get 4 stars only leaves them further behind the current meta. Also to newer players I would reccomend killmonger if you have him for that as well because he can take alot of damage and will normally survive a sp2 in master eq..
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Timone147 said:

So just for info that you suggest making act IV harder. It was once upon a time. But this was a problem for people as it took a lot more time and energy to complete so all the hardest fights all got dumbed down and made easier. I agree they should never have done it because this allowed people to skate through I’ll prepared.

I disagree that you need 5* to become uncollected. You don’t need 5* to get elders bane. I’m sorry but that is the truth. If you need 5* to get uncollected then you are not really ready to be working through Act V imo and having stronger champs will just move you to an easier path to Act VI which you definitely aren’t ready for.

The paths are already open enough for progression. More than ever and easier than ever. Early playerS have champs way overturned for that content which is not having them grow their skills.

Truth is the game should and does take time and effort to grow your roster and then of course your skill as well. If the game is opened up even more to give people resources at those low tier you will eventually run into the true wall that is act VI I’ll equipped roster wise and also skill wise to clear it. No roster is going to get you through the newest content though without fairly strong core mechanics for the game play.

My advice is build you skill and learn to clear the content with the champs you have in order to EARN the materials and shards for the rarity of champs you want.

Manu players can't differentiate between possible and optimal.

It is possible to complete act 4 with only maxed 3*, but it requires more skill and more potions. For a lot of players, that's not optimal. I suggest at least rank 3 4*'s.

It is possible to become uncollected with rank 4 4*'s, but this will also come with greater costs and higher skill requirements. Rank 5 4*'s and even a couple of rank 4 5*'s is more feasible.

People often project their current skill level, or downplay the high costs of the past. In the current game progression, conquerors are the starting point of building a 5* roster. Of course that is a lot harder, giving them a reasonable amount of 5* shards monthly is a big aid.
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    As Tony Stark would say, "If you’re nothing without this suit calendar, then you shouldn’t have it."
  • Options
    Leonjr8719Leonjr8719 Posts: 146
    Honestly this is a game that rewards patience and skill. It took me a year to get uncollected. And then after getting it I realized it was a lot easier than I thought. It’s all about patience. There doesn’t need to be another difficulty. Join a decent alliance. Grind for those 5 * shards you think you need( but don’t) to progress your roster. Because at this point if you think you need 5 stars to get uncollected or beat master then you are going to be stuck for a while. Push yourself
  • Options
    edited February 2020

@Urkel2 first fight in master. This is no more lopsided than fight 7 or 8 in arena. There are no nodes until you hit the boss. This is compared to a max 3*. Its below what you face in act 5.1 and those fights have nodes from the beginning. Yes they have to face a champ who can use a special 3 but this gives them the ability to learn to bait which they should have learned in act 4 anyway since many champs have easier to evade special 1s

This is the final chapter. Again the health pools aren't ridiculous to face and again no nodes. The are about what they will face in act 5.2. What better practice ground can you find. Also again using tokens and arena you learn to bait and with duel tokens you can find 5* versions of all but the boss in the final chapter to practice on. There is no shame in not being able to 100% these. Also I would argue that most struggling at this point in the eq would probably die to the final boss several times with rank 5 5* if they are eating every special and cant parry and evade. @Urkel2
  • Options
    crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    JessieS said:

I think you absolutely need a midway level between heroic and master just like you need another act squeezed in between 3 and 4. The difficulty takes a huge jump and you can’t really finish this without really good champions, a lot of skill and resources . And that’s ok for hardcore players but is very discouraging to casual players. And I get that this game is heavily skewed towards hardcore players and I get it but I wish they would throw casual players something as well.

Don't see it. I'm uncollected yet I can't always explore the unc eq. Does that mean I need a level between master and unc so I can always explore it and get inbetween rewards? Or I can just keep doing what I can, conserve resources so when I feel I can explore unc I have the means to do it. And then just keep building the roster.
  • Options
    Djin said:

As Tony Stark would say, "If you’re nothing without this suit calendar, then you shouldn’t have it."

In all reality the calendar itself is nothing.. Half a t2A is something you can get in aq. Easily they have taken the 5 star shards out and there really isnt anything else noteworthy.. That being said it really has nothing to do with monthly event quests which is the whole point of the topic
  • Options
    Dshu said:

@Urkel2 first fight in master. This is no more lopsided than fight 7 or 8 in arena. There are no nodes until you hit the boss. This is compared to a max 3*. Its below what you face in act 5.1 and those fights have nodes from the beginning. Yes they have to face a champ who can use a special 3 but this gives them the ability to learn to bait which they should have learned in act 4 anyway since many champs have easier to evade special 1s

This is the final chapter. Again the health pools aren't ridiculous to face and again no nodes. The are about what they will face in act 5.2. What better practice ground can you find. Also again using tokens and arena you learn to bait and with duel tokens you can find 5* versions of all but the boss in the final chapter to practice on. There is no shame in not being able to 100% these. Also I would argue that most struggling at this point in the eq would probably die to the final boss several times with rank 5 5* if they are eating every special and cant parry and evade. @Urkel2

No one ever said anything outside of the final bosses in master were difficult so I'm not quite sure what your point is there.. All in saying is that they should lower the difficulty a bit to the point where they can at least survive a single special 2 even if its only with a little health left..they dont really get a chance to figure out tue timing to dex a special if it immeadately kills them and if they struggle with lag it makes it feel nearly impossible.. Although I must admit kabam seems to have made the lag a bit less of a problem lately... At least for my device
  • Options

can admins pls close this discussion? it has served its purpose

Lol you would like that, wouldn’t you? Would make it a lil less embarrassing I guess
    If master is supposed to be considered a point of progression which seems to be how a good number of people on here feel Then I dont feel that they should feel embarassed
  • Options
    GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited February 2020
    I think it is fine where it is at with difficulty. The problem with lowering the difficulty or adding a in between is that there is always people who are gunna struggle on some content and find others easy. If they added an in between, then what happens when people just starting at the in between find that too difficult. Would the game need to make an in between for the in between? And so on and so forth until it is just one easy mission?
  • Options
    Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    oh boohoo. Kabam made the game easier for new players and you feel entitled to more stuff.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Urkel2 said:

Dshu said:

No one ever said anything outside of the final bosses in master were difficult so I'm not quite sure what your point is there.. All in saying is that they should lower the difficulty a bit to the point where they can at least survive a single special 2 even if its only with a little health left..they dont really get a chance to figure out tue timing to dex a special if it immeadately kills them and if they struggle with lag it makes it feel nearly impossible.. Although I must admit kabam seems to have made the lag a bit less of a problem lately... At least for my device
    They have already done that.
  • Options

Urkel2 said:

Dshu said:

Actually they havent I have yet to see a 4 star that can withstand a sp2 from the last boss of any master event quest aside from km or iceman and usually they inflict status effects which if one would be lucky enough to survive would kill them pretty much immediately after
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

To start with, YES BEING CONQUEROR IS A JOKE

Background:
    Maestro was not a very challenging opponent, I was able to take his down in a single shot with my 3* havok and now with the 10 days sigil trial becoming a conqueror is easier than ever (as u can easily get 4* champs)
    kabam being well aware of this fact has merged the contenders and conquerors in a. Single bracket and both of them have a same calender, same rewards when they have special calendars etc.
    EVERYTHING SEEMS PERFECT( KABAM'S MERGING IS ALSO JUSTIFIED)

WHERE THE PROBLEM ARISES:
    Becoming a conqueror is not challenge but progressing from there on is for sure a challenge, for becoming uncollected conquerors do need atleast 1 five star champ, but with contenders calender they are not able to get any five star shrads. So the only ways left to get five star champs are:

1) through ally war ( good amounts of shrads but u have to wait a whole season)
    2) event quest exploration( u get 1000 shrads by heroic exploration , although master gives 2500 shrads but master exploration is too hard for these conquerors kept in contender bracket)

WHAT ENDGAMERS SAY: we have become uncollected with a four star team even without God tiers
    WHAT I THINK: they totally make a point but:
    1) the calender has been made progression based recently
    2) new champs have been buffed and are now total headache ( spider Gwen for example)

SO WHAT DO I SUGGEST:
    I am not going to say that simply introduce a new calender for conquerors, NO
    Following are my suggestions:
    1) make maestro fight harder
    2) add some new nodes in act 4
    THESE CHANGES WILL MAKE ACT 4 WORTH IT.
    AND THEN U CAN INTRODUCE A NEW CALENDER FOR CONQUERORS

BUT IF U CANT DO AFOREMENTIONED THINGS:
    Introduce a new difficulty in EQ which will be between heroic and master
    WHY:
    because there is a huge gap between the difficulties of heroic and master, in heroic main boss is around 5k-7k and in master the main boss is of 20k( atleast in current event) + in master opponents are allowed to use 3rd special ( although conquerors have a very little experience of baiting out specials)

IN A. NUTSHELL:
    Make conqueror harder so that conquerors are capable enough to atleast complete masters and atleast do 5.1 and also introduce separate calendar for them
    oR

Introduce a new difficulty in EQ so that conquerors can grow capable enough to explore master and become uncollected

Lol, this kid wasn’t around back in the day when Act 4 was actually difficult. Thorns without Omega & Quake, Starburst without Gulk... & that Magneto, anyone remember him?! Ohh boy... you newer players have it much easier, with Domino, Ghost Corvus etc... so please enough of this BS
    Ok boomer
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Urkel2 said:

Urkel2 said:

Dshu said:

Actually they havent I have yet to see a 4 star that can withstand a sp2 from the last boss of any master event quest aside from km or iceman and usually they inflict status effects which if one would be lucky enough to survive would kill them pretty much immediately after
    When uncollected difficulty was introduced, they made master and heroic easier. Don't get hit by the sp2. Most UC bosses will kill you with a special attack as well even you are using a r5 5*.
This discussion has been closed.