**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

T4B daily potion nerf

Has anyone else noticed that we are no longer getting t3 health potions from fights in the T4B daily? If you got a potion it always used to be a t3, but for the last week or so I've only been getting t2. This was a great way to get some t3 potions as well as T4B frags if you didn't feel like running RoL. Silly thing to nerf IMO.

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    L3 pots drop from the hardest path; and maybe the second most as well but they do not drop on every path. Silly assumption that something changed IMO.

You can see the potential drops by tapping the rewards bar on the prefight info panel.
  • Options
    ljdr77ljdr77 Posts: 62

L3 pots drop from the hardest path; and maybe the second most as well but they do not drop on every path. Silly assumption that something changed IMO.

You can see the potential drops by tapping the rewards bar on the prefight info panel.

Well, since I run it multiple times a week with any extra energy and I've always gotten t3 potions until recently, I would say it's not a silly assumption. If it's been changed, pretty sure the rewards bar would change too. But I guess maybe you didn't think of that. ;)
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,037 ★★★★★
    ljdr77 said:

Well, since I run it multiple times a week with any extra energy and I've always gotten t3 potions until recently, I would say it's not a silly assumption. If it's been changed, pretty sure the rewards bar would change too. But I guess maybe you didn't think of that. ;)
    Pots are never 100% guaranteed. They made that clear with the change from revive farming from a quest years ago. They arent supposed to be regular or the same type everytime. No nerf has happened.
  • Options
    ljdr77 said:

Highly unlikely and likely BS. Path 1/2 only drop l2s and path 3 only drops l3. Nothings changed. It’s been this way since the introduction of the quest.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

ljdr77 said:

Pots are never 100% guaranteed. They made that clear with the change from revive farming from a quest years ago. They arent supposed to be regular or the same type everytime. No nerf has happened.
    This. They've always been randomized. The only one that was guaranteed to date was the L1 Rev that was for newer Players, and it was removed because people went nuts on it.
  • Options
    I don't remember saying anything was guaranteed. I see a few names here that love to jump in and bash posts so that wasn't unexpected. What I am saying is that I've always gotten t3 potions and for a few weeks now I've gotten none. That's either really horrible RNG for me or something has changed. But go ahead and continue to debate. :*
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    No one is bashing. If you know it's not guaranteed, how can you say it's been nerfed? By not being guaranteed and random, that means you might not get it.
  • Options
    Watch this 2 year old video of someone running the quest’s second path. At 2:35 you’ll see an l2 pot. https://youtu.be/LbmuVOJXpGA
    ljdr77 said:

What I am saying is that I've always gotten t3 potions and for a few weeks now I've gotten none. That's either really horrible RNG for me or something has changed. But go ahead and continue to debate. :*

The only way this would happen is If you have only run the hardest path during that time or been unlucky enough to not see a potion drop on 2/3s of the map.

The only thing that could have changed is your playing habits.

P.s. you only have a handful of fights that potentially drop l3s so it’s easy for them to “dry up”.
  • Options

P.s. you only have a handful of fights that potentially drop l3s so it’s easy for them to “dry up”.

I'll hope that this is actually what's going on. Fingers crossed. The purpose really of me posting this thread was to see if anyone else was experiencing the same, but consensus seems to be no.

Thanks to all who replied. <3
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,037 ★★★★★
    ljdr77 said:

I don't remember saying anything was guaranteed. I see a few names here that love to jump in and bash posts so that wasn't unexpected. What I am saying is that I've always gotten t3 potions and for a few weeks now I've gotten none. That's either really horrible RNG for me or something has changed. But go ahead and continue to debate. :*

"You always get them" but you're saying they aren't guaranteed but yet they berfed them. Which is it?
  • Options

ljdr77 said:

"You always get them" but you're saying they aren't guaranteed but yet they berfed them. Which is it?
    Always/only, same difference unless someone fails to read in context.
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 967 ★★★

Watch this 2 year old video of someone running the quest’s second path. At 2:35 you’ll see an l2 pot. https://youtu.be/LbmuVOJXpGA

ljdr77 said:

What I am saying is that I've always gotten t3 potions and for a few weeks now I've gotten none. That's either really horrible RNG for me or something has changed. But go ahead and continue to debate. :*

The only way this would happen is If you have only run the hardest path during that time or been unlucky enough to not see a potion drop on 2/3s of the map.

The only thing that could have changed is your playing habits.

Well that effectively ends this discussion lol.