Always on my team now, love him
3%
SlimCrazyMrGordo5150Duck_of_DoomPriceless 4 votes
Ranked him as a situational option for Questing
5%
igorganniScopeotoe987hope4tgChubsWhiteJagtittarEdisonLaw 6 votes
Alliance War Defense God, but otherwise meh
9%
Duke_SilverEvangelionlovrColonaut123TehsigzorzBatman1903ILLUSION8King_Leo321Rerun_9Erik_Killmonger1001Andyball270TheLegionMaster 11 votes
Arena fodder
33%
Jh_DezMagicBentonRaganatorJiNTarkanLosspikINTEGRALManup456NEO_mr_AndersonLvernon15Mqc19CliffordcanWorknprogressAssumedNameMysterioDarthPhalGustavo20KenaiMegaGalacticTorah13LordRaymond3 38 votes
Forgot he was a champ in the game
40%
DrZolaSnizzbarclcubingSpity68Nick_Caine_32GreatScottphillgreenTerraBboychoboMhd20034ch4rnBrokenDrDeadpooldfmoore26Battle_GreninjaGrootman1294JamNation1mbraceAleorCain 45 votes
other
7%
JoeLukaMenkentDenzel116Markg25X_Factor_Agentpsp742BoostergoldrulzShrikeTzu 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I bring him in AQ when Corvus is the mini. That's the only time I use my 6*.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,342 ★★★★
    other
    The only thing that makes Maw good is his power control (still weak compared to others) and degen (nothing special).. the only ability he has is making opponents miss and he is more stall tactic to prolong fight using precious time, but damage dealt is still weak... maybe increase the power he siphons away from the opponents power bar.. 50 to 100% depending on his signature level.. unawaken Maw has flat 25% power siphon from power he drains and leaches, almost like Magik sp2, but he can place enervate on opponent, this ability has 2sec cool down, then Maw can siphon and enervate opponents again.. ultimate power control
  • Options
    ShrikeTzuShrikeTzu Posts: 40
    other
    I got him as a 6 star, he is not more usefull now than before... he is very situational and doesn't do enough damage to be decent at his job. Maybe if his power control was a power steal AND burn he would be fixed, just needs some more damage and he would be ok. Idk why his synergy with Corvus is crit rating... I think he would be better of he was duped but I dont want to find out.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Only usefull for corvus, just plain useless arena fodder. He was so good in comics and movies, wish he was good
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    other
    I have following:
    5* Ebony Maw sig28
    5* Cull Obsidian sig20
    5* Corvus Glaive sig160
    5* Proxima Midnight (undupe).. Recently pulled 6* Cull Obsidian (not the best pull but better than awakening 6* Thor Jane Foster).

Anyways, with 4:5 MD I guess Maw degen is improved but still not great compared to Mojo. I wished Kabam improved Maw power steal / siphoning ability.. make him a power denial defender by also enervating opponents.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Alliance War Defense God, but otherwise meh
    He’s not a defense god for me, I just stick him there cause it’s the only place where he kinda does stuff. My 6* is still very much so useless lmao.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★★
    Arena fodder
    A disgrace to the Thanos army. All the rest have their uses he was the only one different in class thought it would make a difference.
  • Options
    other
    Cull Obsidian has great damage potential but his block proficiency is weaker than Ebony Maw.. it’s practically the same number as Hulkbuster.. I wish if Kabam buffs Hulkbuster, that they increase Cull Obsidian block proficiency too. As he is now, he is used only in some quest but not in Act6, or other harder contents.. unless you want to spend truckload of revives and health potions.
  • Options
    BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
    i hope they give the team that reworked him a good slappin and do some major buffing up on this bad boy !! i love his animation and him as a character but the buff was just a laughing matter... PLEASE KABAM !!!!
  • Options
    It’s just a shame he looks so cool. After I made the ‘mandatory’ R5s like Ghost/Corvus etc I’ve tried to follow the rule of cool with my rank ups but Christ, I just can’t justify it. Pretty sure a ramped up 4* 2/20 Cull can be more useful
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    it jusst doesnt justify how they can make champs like diablo and ebony maw in 2020 ,its not even necessary to make new memes since we have like 80+ champs who stay at rank 1, why release champs to make them stay at rank1!!
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    other
    I have him on defense. He's still useless. Maybe he'd get one kill per war at 5/65/200 on the right nodes/tiers... but who would invest that much in a champ with so little utility? **** power control, tiny degen damage (though buffed map6 mini will melt you instantly), no immunity... best case is you can bait an opponent's special when they're faltered and feel good about yourself during a 75 hit arena fight.
  • Options
    rvcubingrvcubing Posts: 140
    Arena fodder
    I like his power drain
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 840 ★★★
    Honestly, he’s about the only champ that I sometimes manage to lose with in arena. I stay away from him even there.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,593 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    It occurred to me as I read through my Ebony Maw abilities to description: why not make him the first champ to be able to affect/steal/nullify passive effects? That would be a unique and fitting attribute for a cosmic sorcerer.

Not holding my breath, obviously. But maybe he gets something like this via synergy. As of now, he’s completely underwhelming (albeit beautifully designed).

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

It occurred to me as I read through my Ebony Maw abilities to description: why not make him the first champ to be able to affect/steal/nullify passive effects? That would be a unique and fitting attribute for a cosmic sorcerer.

Not holding my breath, obviously. But maybe he gets something like this via synergy. As of now, he’s completely underwhelming (albeit beautifully designed).

Dr. Zola

That's a neat idea. It's just sad because I really enjoy Maw's animations and play. He is an enjoyable champ to play. You can tell they did a great job designing his animations. It's just his abilities that are sorely lacking. He has some synergies that don't even help him. The changes from the latest rebalance may help a little bit but they do nothing until he is awakened. The problem is he isn't good enough to risk an awakening gem on to find out. So the only way to see is either take a chance on ranking a lower * rated version or wait until he is naturally awakened. With so many champs in the game I'm not using resources on even a 4* version. There are plenty of other champs to rank up. It's just sad to see such a unique character wasted even after the "rebalance." You can tell a lot of work went into creating the character but his poor damage output will prevent everyone from being able to use and enjoy him.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,593 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

That's a neat idea. It's just sad because I really enjoy Maw's animations and play. He is an enjoyable champ to play. You can tell they did a great job designing his animations. It's just his abilities that are sorely lacking. He has some synergies that don't even help him. The changes from the latest rebalance may help a little bit but they do nothing until he is awakened. The problem is he isn't good enough to risk an awakening gem on to find out. So the only way to see is either take a chance on ranking a lower * rated version or wait until he is naturally awakened. With so many champs in the game I'm not using resources on even a 4* version. There are plenty of other champs to rank up. It's just sad to see such a unique character wasted even after the "rebalance." You can tell a lot of work went into creating the character but his poor damage output will prevent everyone from being able to use and enjoy him.
    I have him duped as a 5* and am reluctant to invest in him. I’ve tried him here and there and he’s not effective. Again, awesome graphic design, but just difficult to get any real damage out of—especially in light of so many other damage dealing options in game. It is confounding trying to understand what they thought they were doing.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    Arena fodder
    I cant even tell of there's a difference with my 5*