**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

T1 ALFA PROBLEM

Am I the only one always lacking in t1 alfa?
I play t2 wars and aq6/7 each week and I really have a hard time collecting those alfa ones.
Isn't there a way to make them more available for players? We can't do aq3 to catch alfa ones -.-
hoping a Kabam response.

Comments

• Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Jungle92 said:

I play t2 wars and aq6/7 each week and I really have a hard time collecting those alfa ones.
    Isn't there a way to make them more available for players? We can't do aq3 to catch alfa ones -.-
    hoping a Kabam response.

You get 3 a week from t1a arena.. multiple ones from alliance events.. and then i think you can get a total of 10 from glory every 7 days.. so no.. there is no T1A problem.. it might be that you are ranking champs more often than your resources allow.. I find Ranking only during lvl up event and usually try to match it with the class advancement as well works out pretty well..
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Jungle92 said:

hoping a Kabam response.

If you're doing Map 6/7 you should be getting tons of glory, certainly plenty to spare on T1A. That's where the T1 alphas are for higher tier alliances. In the past the T1A was in crystals, and if you were doing higher maps you were not getting the crystals that contained T1A. But with the glory store you're now getting a currency you can use on any catalyst. Also, they've reduced the glory costs for T1 alpha multiple times, which means they effective availability of them has been going up.

Buying ten T1 alpha from the glory store all at once currently costs 3550 glory (it costs much less if you spread out the purchases due to the cost ramp up in the glory store). That should be peanuts for a Map 6/7 alliance. But also, I don't think most players can sustain burning ten T1A per week, every week. So almost no one should even need to buy that many.
  • Jungle92Jungle92 Posts: 114 ★★
    edited March 2020
    You are probably right, been ranking up a ton of champs lately.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Inventory limit is the real problem here ... you can have expiring t1a but you get 1 good 5* champion and you suddenly need 22 t1a to rank them up ...

That is my issue with T1a in a nutshell. And I do wait for Level Up every time.

Dr. Zola
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Haji_Saab said:

Inventory limit is the real problem here ... you can have expiring t1a but you get 1 good 5* champion and you suddenly need 22 t1a to rank them up ...

Dr. Zola
    More recently I changed my tactics on the level up solo goal.

On mondays for the sigil solo goal I’ll “rank up” one or two champs. Get the goal done fast and easy. Then wait for the level up solo goal to add levels to those champs. That way I’m not “double dipping” on the resource funds.
    Thanks to everyone for commenting, is good to share opionions and learn how sometimes problems that seem “generic” are just cases depending from player to player.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    I sometimes run into a t1a bottleneck, purely due to the amount it requires to rank up 5* champs.

But just back off, give it a few days.

Every 3 days you should be getting 1 in 3-day alliance events.

Depending on weekly SA scores, there's 1-2 there

There is 3 in the T1a arena every 8 days.

Weekly you can now get (I believe) 2 from the "subscription black market iso store"

Then combine it with glory store pickups, and potential side events and EQ there should be plenty.

If there were more sources of T1A, then you would run into bottlenecks other places and T1A would expire in your stash.

As mentioned above the real issue is the limit to how many you can have.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Personally I think the r1-r2 5 star should only take 1 or two t2 alphas tops. Why does it take 5 t1 alphas to get a champion to r2 which is not even the equivalent of a maxed 5 star? Make it make sense please.

Personally I think the r1-r2 5 star should only take 1 or two t2 alphas tops. Why does it take 5 t1 alphas to get a champion to r2 which is not even the equivalent of a maxed 5 star? Make it make sense please.

Originally 5* champs were designed to be very long term pursuit goals: the "mainstream" champs were the 4* champs. That's also why there's so much overlap between 4* and 5*. The idea was that ranking 5* champs was a bit of a "luxury" for end game players to pursue; as they could earn resources much faster, 5* champs were a resource sink for them. But that went out the window when Kabam decided to open the floodgates on both 5* shards and the higher tier catalysts like T4CC.

If I had to bet, I would say that the T1A costs to rank 5* champs, at least for rank 2 and rank 3, don't really make sense given the current progression between 4*, 5*, and 6* champs even for the devs anymore. But those costs have a lot of inertia behind them, and any dev that wants to crack that one open gets to contemplate all the players who will complain about needing "compensation" if they change those costs after they've ranked up a lot of 5* champs already.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Originally 5* champs were designed to be very long term pursuit goals: the "mainstream" champs were the 4* champs. That's also why there's so much overlap between 4* and 5*. The idea was that ranking 5* champs was a bit of a "luxury" for end game players to pursue; as they could earn resources much faster, 5* champs were a resource sink for them. But that went out the window when Kabam decided to open the floodgates on both 5* shards and the higher tier catalysts like T4CC.

If I had to bet, I would say that the T1A costs to rank 5* champs, at least for rank 2 and rank 3, don't really make sense given the current progression between 4*, 5*, and 6* champs even for the devs anymore. But those costs have a lot of inertia behind them, and any dev that wants to crack that one open gets to contemplate all the players who will complain about needing "compensation" if they change those costs after they've ranked up a lot of 5* champs already.
    I think it would be a pro player move to make the change. It is long overdue and anybody that would speak out against it not being fair I would disagree with them like I was GW lol.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    Jungle92 said:

hoping a Kabam response.

Main problem for t1a lack is the amount needed to rank up 5*s (5.5 t1a on average), that are mainstream nowadays, and the price of them at glory store (by far the more overpriced item considering it’s value and what it gives access to -unlocks challenge rating 80). Just for the record, t1a catalyst is the only item in glory store, haven’t it’s cost reduced, at least the last two glory store pricing updates. Why? Would be appreciated if a moderator give us a reasoning for this annoying decision.
    Greekhit said:

Jungle92 said:

hoping a Kabam response.

Main problem for t1a lack is the amount needed to rank up 5*s (5.5 t1a on average), that are mainstream nowadays, and the price of them at glory store (by far the more overpriced item considering it’s value and what it gives access to -unlocks challenge rating 80). Just for the record, t1a catalyst is the only item in glory store, haven’t it’s cost reduced, at least the last two glory store pricing updates. Why? Would be appreciated if a moderator give us a reasoning for this annoying decision.
    Actually, the glory store prices were updated to this back in June 2018:

In February 2019 they seem to be updated to this:

I think the latest update was in November 2019, so that would mean the last time T1A prices were updated was two updates ago in February 2019, unless I've skipped a major pricing update somewhere.
    DNA3000 said:

I think this is spot on. It’s like a legacy aspect of the game that no longer makes sense—but we are nevertheless stuck with it.

Dr. Zola
    Jaded said:

DrZola said:

Haji_Saab said:

Dr. Zola
    More recently I changed my tactics on the level up solo goal.

On mondays for the sigil solo goal I’ll “rank up” one or two champs. Get the goal done fast and easy. Then wait for the level up solo goal to add levels to those champs. That way I’m not “double dipping” on the resource funds.
    Good strategy.

I actually love getting new 3*’s (Mojo, e.g.) because they mean a resource-cheap way to hit the revive/units for Level Up.

It does hurt to take a pair of 5*’s to just R2 and drop 10 T1a, or 20 if you want them both at R3.

Dr. Zola
    DNA3000 said:

That was what I meant when I wrote this, the price in T1Alpha when ranking 5* from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 is just nonsense. They should clearly change it now, since sometimes I find myself having more t2a than t1a, which is some kind of strange situation.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Jungle92 said:

DNA3000 said:

That was what I meant when I wrote this, the price in T1Alpha when ranking 5* from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 is just nonsense. They should clearly change it now, since sometimes I find myself having more t2a than t1a, which is some kind of strange situation.
    I get it, but depending on where you are in the game, there's little need to rank up 5s you don't really use past r2? I understand possibly for arena, but other than that, ranking up champs that sit on the bench is a waste of resources, unless they're in overflow. It's all about resource management. But if you're ranking up every 5 you get, don't complain about lack of resources.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★

I get it, but depending on where you are in the game, there's little need to rank up 5s you don't really use past r2? I understand possibly for arena, but other than that, ranking up champs that sit on the bench is a waste of resources, unless they're in overflow. It's all about resource management. But if you're ranking up every 5 you get, don't complain about lack of resources.

I take most of my 5* to R3 due to expiring t4cc. that 3-for-1 trade is bogus on t4cc and its a waste to let them expire.
  • GiganteaGigantea Posts: 111
    Kabam can consider putting 1 T1A in the Monthly Calender.