**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Potential Luke Cage Buff

Comments

• Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    While I agree Luke cage needs a buff, purely to make him more akin to his comic book self, I think you went overboard. I like your indestructible addition, and I may suggest increasing his base physical resistance by a smidge... But I have to just ask one question:

With all these "Luke Cage needs a buff" and "almost every champion is better than Luke cage" threads.... Has anyone stopped to consider that Luke Cage is not an elite hero? He has his fans, and he's got a fun personality dynamic, but he TRULY is one of the worst powered heroes in the marvel universe. He doesn't need a buff cuz he sucks. Legit. He just sucks. Not kabams version, just his actual comic book version. In comparison to almost every other hero (minus Jessica Jones), he's not even worth mentioning...

So… even Daredevil is better than him? Punisher is more powerful? HAWKEYE?! The dude CASUALLY lifts large debris from a building while MOST of the high tier canonically have trouble lifting anywhere NEAR what he can do! Spider-Man who is one of the strongest heroes out there pulls his punches nonstop but LC takes every chance to bend PISTOLS!!! The guy is basically immune to all piercing and stabbing weapons, pressure points barely affect him, and his time in prison taught him how to fight

50 tons… THAT is the level of strength he's peaked at!

FOR REFERENCE!
    Spider-Man 25 tons (once punched hulk unconscious. Did this before hulk got mad)
    Jessica Jones has displayed no more than 2 tons
    War Machine Armor 85 tons
    ARES GOD OF WAR (616 Marvel) 70 tons
    The Thing about 15 tons
    Drax 50 tons

He is FAR stronger than you give him credit for… even SPIDER-MAN gets Arnor break and Drax gets fury but LC who is literally on par to double them hits like he's at a slumber party
  • Captain_MaimCaptain_Maim Posts: 322
    @Mr_Otter I'm not saying his not strong. His strength is incredible, but that's all he's really got going for him (aside from his tough skin which is why I said I liked the idea of his indestructible phase being more alike with unstoppable)

The thing you're forgetting about all the heroes you compared him to in order to prove how strong he is, is that all those characters' strength is only ONE PART of what makes them great.

Daredevil, Punisher, Hawkeye? Yes. All better than him all more skilled. Daredevil has insane skill, and punisher and Hawkeye are both more skilled fighters AND THEY HAVE FREAKING WEAPONS.
    "let's have a competition luke. Who can kill the bad guy firs-- oh... Looks like they've just been shot whilst you were clenching your fist and preparing to run over to them..."
    Spiderman, war machine, drax? All better. Spiderman had webs, Spidey sense, climbs walls how is this a contest? Good luck standing there and hoping the fight comes to you Luke. War machine is decked out in tech weapons, and can fly AND is stronger. Done deal. Drax is effing hilarious, and has swords, and is fearless and according to you is JUST AS STRONG.
    Luke cage is great. But in comparison? Nope kinda crappy.
  • @Mr_Otter I'm not saying his not strong. His strength is incredible, but that's all he's really got going for him (aside from his tough skin which is why I said I liked the idea of his indestructible phase being more alike with unstoppable)

The thing you're forgetting about all the heroes you compared him to in order to prove how strong he is, is that all those characters' strength is only ONE PART of what makes them great.

Daredevil, Punisher, Hawkeye? Yes. All better than him all more skilled. Daredevil has insane skill, and punisher and Hawkeye are both more skilled fighters AND THEY HAVE FREAKING WEAPONS.
    "let's have a competition luke. Who can kill the bad guy firs-- oh... Looks like they've just been shot whilst you were clenching your fist and preparing to run over to them..."
    Spiderman, war machine, drax? All better. Spiderman had webs, Spidey sense, climbs walls how is this a contest? Good luck standing there and hoping the fight comes to you Luke. War machine is decked out in tech weapons, and can fly AND is stronger. Done deal. Drax is effing hilarious, and has swords, and is fearless and according to you is JUST AS STRONG.
    Luke cage is great. But in comparison? Nope kinda crappy.

I agree with some things you say, he's not as skilled but when he wants to he can do insane damage.
    15.0 just added a invulnerable boost which just **** on Luke cages only usage in this game which is extremely disappointing. That was his main feature, being able to take a full combo with no damage.

Luke 100% needs a buff after this.
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    I really enjoy playing with Cage. I like questing with him combined with a team that includes Beast and BP. That way he gets the boost from the Mastermind synergy. Cage/IF/BP/Beast/Phoenix. Fun team to play with!
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Fluffy wrote: »
    I really enjoy playing with Cage. I like questing with him combined with a team that includes Beast and BP. That way he gets the boost from the Mastermind synergy. Cage/IF/BP/Beast/Phoenix. Fun team to play with!

Yes, he synergies really well, actually. Put him in a team with Iron Fist, Daredevil NF and She-Hulk to get the extra crits, stun boost, and physical resistance/blocking for everyone. Add in any of Juggernaut, Punisher, Black Panther, or even Iron Pa and everyone is getting a serious boost to their resilience....

But come on Kabam - not one buff? not a single nod to the Defenders series? You know you want to...
    @Captain_Maim you're also forgetting his prison fight club training which nearly turned him into a berserker! BEFORE he got turned into a super strong unbreakable hero for hire!

He is TWICE as powerful as Spider-Man and when looking at classic spider his webs only inflict weaknes and his armor Break is on normal attacks.

As for a Hawkeye Punisher and daredevil… I don't exactly see their normal hits deserving powerful attacks.

Hawkeye bleeds and power control makes him high tier

Punisher would be useless without his bleeds

And Daredevil has NO attacking abilities besides a little stun

Like cage should have fury and armor Break! The dude casually lifts what is Spider-Man's max. The dude has an anger issue when mid fight evident by his backstory in the Netflix series AND I'll say it again… HE EASILY BENDS PISTOLS!!! I can understand draw using his strength on his swords but to tell me that SPIDER-MAN (all both classic and SE) easily out Damage him is insane!

I don't think even WITH weapons that Punisher HE or DD are gonna be removing THAT sized debris one handed (if you saw defenders you'd understand)
  • He needs fury and unstoppable
  • MastaChief117MastaChief117 Posts: 113
    Luke Cage isn't as bad as the community makes him out to be, all it takes is for enough people to say he's bad and it becomes so widespread that everyone starts to believe it. Anyway, Luke Cage is far from being the worst champ in the game especially compared to some of the other champions in the game. If Luke Cage's Invulnerability worked similar to Juggy/UC's Unstoppable then it would make him a bit better. He's a decent defender in lower tiers of AW, but if his sig ability was similar to Juggy's it would make him way better. Just my thoughts, sure there's gonna be somebody who will disagree but oh well, that's people for you.

With all these "Luke Cage needs a buff" and "almost every champion is better than Luke cage" threads.... Has anyone stopped to consider that Luke Cage is not an elite hero? He has his fans, and he's got a fun personality dynamic, but he TRULY is one of the worst powered heroes in the marvel universe. He doesn't need a buff cuz he sucks. Legit. He just sucks. Not kabams version, just his actual comic book version. In comparison to almost every other hero (minus Jessica Jones), he's not even worth mentioning...

I actually agree to a certain point. Thing is, the game is different to the comics and Mikey Boy has stated multiple times that the comic and the game are different to each other. The only real thing they have to each other is the character design. Heck, Venom doesn't bypass Spidey's evade in the game despite him being able to in the comics. It's one of the reasons why someone like Doctor Strange and Thanos can be more or less trash champs, despite them being amongst the strongest in the Marvel Universe. So sure, Luke Cage in the comics isn't the strongest but to say "he doesn't need a buff cuz he sucks" and using that to justify him not getting a buff isn't really enough. Again, just my opinion so don't get the pitchforks for my words of heresy

I actually agree to a certain point. Thing is, the game is different to the comics and Mikey Boy has stated multiple times that the comic and the game are different to each other. The only real thing they have to each other is the character design. Heck, Venom doesn't bypass Spidey's evade in the game despite him being able to in the comics. It's one of the reasons why someone like Doctor Strange and Thanos can be more or less trash champs, despite them being amongst the strongest in the Marvel Universe. So sure, Luke Cage in the comics isn't the strongest but to say "he doesn't need a buff cuz he sucks" and using that to justify him not getting a buff isn't really enough. Again, just my opinion so don't get the pitchforks for my words of heresy

Except he's ACTUALLY bad! The invincibility is 1-off, physical resist is only a step up from armor, and he no offensive or defensive potential at higher tier!

Exhaustion lowers the enemies crit rate…
    No offense but even WEAKNESS at least lowers block damage a bit… but exhasution ONLY WORKS when taking a hit which at higher play is a death sentence

Defensively Physical resistance is annoying at best, easily bypassed by a LOT of special attacks! Exhaustion only works if the attacker takes a LIGHT attack and LC is the EASIEST champ to play against thanks to his Heavy and specials being so… bland and standard

COLOSSUS at least has more armor ups and a killer L3
    @Mr_Otter Don't know why I was quoted in your comment, it has nothing to do with what you're talking about. Regardless, I agree Luke Cage needs a buff. I wrote a separate comment above speaking on how something as small as making Luke Cage's Indestructable ability work similar to Juggy's Unstoppable would make him better.
  • Just make his crit and attack more better. Give him some offensive play. Exhaustion should lower defensive ability accuracy maybe? Idk, seems too much there.

Exhaustion just triggers willpower and doesn't help you at all in offense, same as defence really because you're barely going to get hit by Luke.

Invulnerable boosts just **** on everything special at Luke Cage. It's really annoying. He's legit useless to use now.
    @MastaChief117 sorry too many GP talking at once
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    While I agree Luke cage needs a buff, purely to make him more akin to his comic book self, I think you went overboard. I like your indestructible addition, and I may suggest increasing his base physical resistance by a smidge... But I have to just ask one question:

So… even Daredevil is better than him? Punisher is more powerful? HAWKEYE?! The dude CASUALLY lifts large debris from a building while MOST of the high tier canonically have trouble lifting anywhere NEAR what he can do! Spider-Man who is one of the strongest heroes out there pulls his punches nonstop but LC takes every chance to bend PISTOLS!!! The guy is basically immune to all piercing and stabbing weapons, pressure points barely affect him, and his time in prison taught him how to fight

50 tons… THAT is the level of strength he's peaked at!

FOR REFERENCE!
    Spider-Man 25 tons (once punched hulk unconscious. Did this before hulk got mad)
    Jessica Jones has displayed no more than 2 tons
    War Machine Armor 85 tons
    ARES GOD OF WAR (616 Marvel) 70 tons
    The Thing about 15 tons
    Drax 50 tons

He is FAR stronger than you give him credit for… even SPIDER-MAN gets Arnor break and Drax gets fury but LC who is literally on par to double them hits like he's at a slumber party[/quote

totally agree
  • Captain_MaimCaptain_Maim Posts: 322
    @Mr_Otter you're right. Spidermans webs only causing weakness is rediculous. He would destroy Luke cage in a matter of seconds. Spiderman needs a buff. When you're right you're right, ya know? Point well made.
    @Mr_Otter you're right. Spidermans webs only causing weakness is rediculous. He would destroy Luke cage in a matter of seconds. Spiderman needs a buff. When you're right you're right, ya know? Point well made.

Dude if Spider-Man (the guy who once punched the HULK unconscious) can armor Break than the prison fight club master needs AT LEAST some fury
  • AlexVanDamme81AlexVanDamme81 Posts: 83
    Really agree. Cage is a cool hero but too weak. Make a little bit strong in attack please.
  • @Kabam Miike could this atleast be a possibility in the future? Please?

Just raise his attack, crit rate and re+work exhaustion a little so it has some usage.
    edited August 2017
    Killawabz wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike could this atleast be a possibility in the future? Please?

Just raise his attack, crit rate and re+work exhaustion a little so it has some usage.

PLEASE!! Invulnerability even being a thing is gonna his niche
  • Lemme just slap a bump and keep this relevant.
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228

So you would be fine with Gwenpool being nerfed? Her fan base has to be smaller than the amount of people who wanted a separate tab for two buttons in AQ.
  • Miike said they have nothing planned for the Defenders release, maybe they could satisfy the fans of this series to buff up Luke Cage. Now is the best time for it to happen.

With the addition of invulnerable boost for AW, Luke's only good ability has now spread to every champ.

Luke is literally officially the worst champion in the game at the moment, yet he's one of the strongest. Funny eh.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    LC's Indestructible should work similar to Juggy's Unstoppable.

If unduped, at the beginning of every fight, he has a single charge, and on first hit, it triggers with whatever the duration of a maxed sig would be.

Once duped, he refreshes the initial charge (Only if it has been used) with each special attack, and its duration is based on his current sig levels. He can only store one charge at a time.
  • dkatryl wrote: »

If unduped, at the beginning of every fight, he has a single charge, and on first hit, it triggers with the duration the current max sig.

Once duped, he refreshes the initial charge (Only if it has been used) with each special attack, and its duration is based on his current sig levels. He can only store one charge at a time.

Personally I believe that's a bit too OP. For every special? Nah. It should be refreshed only by a SP3, or maybe a 50% chance to refresh it by the SP2.

If it were every special, I would literally never die other than limbo lol
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Then lower the duration significantly to like 1sec at max sig. Or instead of 100% invulnerable on the sig , make it 50% damage reduction for whatever the current duration would be.

Tuning the numbers is a discussion of its own, but the point is his sig should be refreshed to some degree as he uses his specials, as opposed to the one and done that it currently has.
    dkatryl wrote: »

If unduped, at the beginning of every fight, he has a single charge, and on first hit, it triggers with the duration the current max sig.

Personally I believe that's a bit too OP. For every special? Nah. It should be refreshed only by a SP3, or maybe a 50% chance to refresh it by the SP2.

Unstoppable is better than Indestructible. If Juggernaut isn't OP, then neither would Luke Cage.

And no one is saying it should last a long time. 3 seconds would be fine.
  • Phantom wrote: »

Unstoppable is better than Indestructible. If Juggernaut isn't OP, then neither would Luke Cage.

I'm talking about when using him offensively, defensively it's easy but when you're attacking with him? Way too OP
    Phantom wrote: »

I'm talking about when using him offensively, defensively it's easy but when you're attacking with him? Way too OP

When you're attacking with him, he'll still be just as good as Juggernaut.
  • Phantom wrote: »

You're not understanding what has been said, the suggestion was to refresh his invulnerable ability, not auto activate upon each special.

You're not understanding what has been said, the suggestion was to refresh his invulnerable ability, not auto activate upon each special.

The user I responded to mentioned both of those. Sorry for the misunderstanding.