**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Question about Role Reversal

Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★
I now it impacts the attack of both champs, but does it reverse class advantages as well? For example, Nick Fury's reduced tactical charges when fighting mutant champs.

Asking because of something in the Doombot descriptions I read about extra abilities they get when they have a class advantage.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    I should I think
  • Lucifer1810Lucifer1810 Posts: 366 ★★★
    Yes I think it does affect
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    No it doesn't. So you might want to be careful taking on Electro with a mystic champion, for example.

Try taking Bishop against a Tech champ and see if he can gain Prowess, if you want to test it out.

Sometimes, like with Slow debuffs from She Hulk and Stealth Spidey, they talk about 'Natural Class Advantage'. I suspect most specific strengths/weaknesses work the same way, and ignore any Role Reversal nodes.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

As @Magrailothos said, it does not. Those abilities will still affect the Class they say in the way they say they will. For instance, Omega Red will still place spores slower on Tech Champions, even with Role Reversal, and Sentinel will still gain double Analysis Charges against Mutants.

Omega is robots not techs mikey
  • Most (or all ?) of champs Ability Descriptions spell out the actual Class Name of those they have benefits or negative benefits against. Like Black Widow specifically says against Science (+) and Mutant (-).

So those will NOT change dues to a Role Reversal node.
  • Lvernon15 said:

As @Magrailothos said, it does not. Those abilities will still affect the Class they say in the way they say they will. For instance, Omega Red will still place spores slower on Tech Champions, even with Role Reversal, and Sentinel will still gain double Analysis Charges against Mutants.

Omega is robots not techs mikey
    My bad. I always use Sentinel against him, so I mixed that up
  • AgragulAgragul Posts: 31
    Bow about match up against Thanos? He had class advantage against all classes, does role reversal modifier in AQ reverses that too?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Role reversal only changes the attack bonus/reduction. Nothing ability wise when it comes to specific classes
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Alsokeep in mind that the Superior / Universal class still has advantage, even if there is a role reversal node
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★

Thanks for clarification. Helpful!
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★

I think that's the first time one of the mods has name-checked one of my answers. I must be getting the hang of this!