**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

FTP - Act 6.4 100% Exploration!

LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
Been saving units and BCs for a long time and decided that I would put some of this isolation time to use and pushed thru and finished Act 6 100% last night. Pretty stoked I could get it knocked out within the first week and do it as a free-to-play player. Come check out what I got - some rewards creepily familiar from Abyss and other rewards that are Abyss worthy!

https://youtu.be/JvhwurGHYSs

Comments

• Options
    Nice OP!
  • Options
    Ricardo60289Ricardo60289 Posts: 369
    Very nice
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Other than awesome, I have nothing to say.
    Haven't touched Story Quests since 6.1 completion. Just no push to do so. You're really great!
  • Options
    The Aegon pull was nice, but you were so shafted on the rewards. Mutant Catalyst x2 Science Gem x2
  • Options
    GoldenGoatGoldenGoat Posts: 10
    The Aegon pull was better than nice. Bro you won the game with that. Great job, my biggest difficulty is finding the time to decipher each of these lanes, especially the sub bosses. Nothing is worse than getting to that one champ who wipes your whole team 3x and then some because you weren't prepared.
  • Options
    Mhd20034Mhd20034 Posts: 159
    I want to know who did you use for the path with the domino miniboss in 6.4.5 ?
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    And I’m here still on 6.3.6 I gotta get on it man
  • Options
    Mhd20034 said:

Ok... I really hated that path.... it still bugs me how poorly I ended up doing at the end and hated that domino more than anything!

My team for that line was:
    5/65 Sig 47 Dr Doom
    5/65 Sig 200 Claire
    5/65 Sig 200 Thing
    4/55 undup HT
    4/55 undup Sunspot

Thing was ok and gets incinerate on L1 with the HT synergy

Doom was ok cause you can easily get in a heavy knockdown with the passive stun heavy but his shock was often too short to rely on/get the timing down

Claire was very awesome for the line in general. get her into incinerate mode and heavy knockdowns apply incinerates and any combo ending in medium. Her L2s in that mode just destroy people quick with the extra energy damage

Human torch was good because you can always have incinerates on. I did make the mistake of enabling his prefight ability once.... horrible stupid mistake - nova will NOT prevent the heal so wasted fairly health HT fight there.

Sunspot was obviously also good for the line, easy incinerates, perfect block on parties with incinerates (Punisher & Fury)

Now that Domino fight... I had tagged teamed it all the way down to around 30%. Found my strategy was that I didn’t have best options so get as much damage as I could in first 20 seconds. If I had incinerates or shocks going, well keep plugging along. But if I didn’t cause I messed up on timing or Domino does what she does best and Crit fail you, pause and quit before the heal back happens. If I paused too late and found that she did heal back, In the pause I would force quit and dump the app and take the half health hit and try again so she wouldn’t be at full.

With a fight with Thing, missed getting the L1 off in time so she was going to heal, paused, she had NOT healed - it was a tick away - as about close as you could get and quit the fight, came back in with Doom and SHE WAS FULL HEALTH!!!! 😡🤬😡 Had to start all over. That cost me so many extra units. How much you may ask...?? I’ll just say ‘Everything!’ 😒😭😥

By this time I didn’t have any Health Pots left (maybe should have farmed ROL WS for some but just wanted to push thru). A team revive seemed like best option cause Domino just killed me from Crit fail with a snap of her finger. Having to parry or hard block to bait heavy to get your own heavy in to get the charges down so you can still do actual damage is my biggest gripe on this fight. She would Crit fail you when attempting and you’d take so much damage. HT/Sunspot at 40% health at 4/55 rarely lasted past the 1st 20 seconds... Crit fail on the incinerates and died so fast. Claire was MVP for Domino. If I didn’t get Crit failed too bad, her L2 would bring do big damage. I should have just revived her and healed her back up unit L5 HPs. That would have likely been more cost effective for what I had to work with.

In hind-sight, I really wish I had brought my R2 Domino. I don’t have 5/6* Massacre for extra stun time but I do have a 3/45 Rulk. I’m dumb for not bringing that pair and just not using Rulk.

I wish I had a Hyperion but Kabam won’t let me have him... Hype would also be legit.
  • Options
    DNight81DNight81 Posts: 3
    Mhd20034 said:

Here is your solution for that path, very easy one...

https://youtu.be/uUKflQ9lIUk

• Options
    Mhd20034 said:

I was experimenting last night have an short on Shock or Incinerate champs, but I do have a R5 Domino and 5* RHulk + 5* R5 Masacre.

Basically parry heavy with Domino. It’s such an Easy fight. For added Damage to the opponent you can launch Domino’s L2 and hope for some Crits lol.

• Options
    @LilMaddogHT well I have a 6 star domino that I am going to rank 3 and I have a 5 star rulk and massacre I may add ht and caiw for the boss do you think that team can get through the path ?
  • Options

Mhd20034 said:

I was experimenting last night have an short on Shock or Incinerate champs, but I do have a R5 Domino and 5* RHulk + 5* R5 Masacre.

Basically parry heavy with Domino. It’s such an Easy fight. For added Damage to the opponent you can launch Domino’s L2 and hope for some Crits lol.

Can she keep the incinerate on the opponent all the time ?
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I just finished exploration myself last weekend and I'll say congrats if you managed that f2p already man. There's some tough stuff throughout 6.4
  • Options
    DNight81 said:

Mhd20034 said:

Here is your solution for that path, very easy one...

Yes, it is. Like i mentioned before, i don't have Massacre to use and brain fart on me to not just use my R2 Domino + 3/45 Gulk and fill in from there. Even without the extra parry time, she would have done much better and saved me using a chunk of units.
  • Options
    Mhd20034 said:

@LilMaddogHT well I have a 6 star domino that I am going to rank 3 and I have a 5 star rulk and massacre I may add ht and caiw for the boss do you think that team can get through the path ?

For sure. she should do fine. Extra 2 spots, put in another decent shock/incinerate counter to help and get a better option for the Adaptoid boss. I know Domino can do it but there are better options.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Domino can definitely do that path. It can be a bit frustrating at times if the opponent turtles up or wont bait when you need bc even with masacre it's fairly easy for the incinerate to fall off at in inopportune time, but if you're careful with the timing she can definitely do it
  • Options
    ZurafaZurafa Posts: 52
    I mostly used archangel for that path, only r4 and he destroyed that domino
  • Options
    Zurafa said:

Really...? He kills them in the 20 seconds or does the Nueros prevent the heal? I thought the heal couldn't be heal blocked/stop unless you had a Shock or Incinerate up...?

Please do share more info.
  • Options
    arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

Zurafa said:

Really...? He kills them in the 20 seconds or does the Nueros prevent the heal? I thought the heal couldn't be heal blocked/stop unless you had a Shock or Incinerate up...?

Neurotoxins prevent the heal just like they did when the node was first introduced with Variant 3 Kang boss.
  • Options
    arsjum said:

Zurafa said:

Neurotoxins prevent the heal just like they did when the node was first introduced with Variant 3 Kang boss.
    ugh... I'm so mad at myself now....

I saw the Selective Timestream node and just tied it to that final Variant Kang boss..... BUT in looking back now, there was an additional node that prevented healing rate modification so you couldnt use AA etc on him to heal block. This is the price you pay sometimes for not re-reading everything and testing out an option or two rather than going full speed ahead.

Thanks for the tip, hope others won't make the same mistake I did.

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Mhd20034 said:

That Domino stole my soul last night. I'm still recovering......
    Don’t remind me of that fight, that is horrible, used sentinel and that stupid 15% aar screwed up my heavy shock or s2, used more revives on there than Every boss fight combined besides grandmaster 1st try
  • Options
    Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    Isn’t that gimme venom the duck worse?